Page 6 of 39 [ 617 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 39  Next

adromedanblackhole
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2020, 9:43 pm

cyberdad wrote:
No the purpose of the graph was to demonstrate the rate of technological progress - at the current rate the possibility of having microcomputers the size of a pin head and inserted in nanobots that also have AI is quite plausible.

I understand the purpose of the graph
I was introducing a new idea
But way too many people hate the man I'll see if I can edit it don't want a barrage of hate.
Edited to remove any trace of he who shan't be named

Last edited by adromedanblackhole on 08 Oct 2020, 10:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2020, 9:53 pm

Ok so you seem to be moved quite fast to yet another topic which Rogan and Jones subscribe to - that the US government has been back engineering alien tech in order to explain the transition of a simple steam engine in the 1900s to landing on the moon in 1969. From using an abacus and slide rule in the 1950s to having supercomputers in the 1990s.

Marconi invented the phone (another idea stolen from Tesla) and by the 2000 we have hand held devices that we can see and speak to people in real time anywhere in the world.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2020, 9:54 pm

adromedanblackhole wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
The masons have a fascinating history, their power lies in their secrecy of their rites/rituals and their influence in leadership and power brokers.

My sister is an architect and she told me the close association the masons have with the renaissance construction and technology in Europe. I think the metaphor for the "dark ages" and coming into the light is literally how the masons took ancient knowledge in the arts and sciences and applied it to the modern world. They were also instrumental in borrowing math, astronomy, medicine and science from eastern cultures to rebuild Europe after the fall of Rome.

Problematic claims about being the carriers of the secret knowledge of Hiram Abiff and the mysteries of Solomon's Temple. Could be true. Might also not be true. Even one of the historians I spoke to at the Grand Lodge played down the validity of the claim. This is possibly done to cast doubt on the uninitiated perhaps and preserve the integrity of the alleged secrets they hold for being knowable only to the initiated. Freemasonry in England as an institution emerged roughly in the 18th century making claims of it being an unbroken lineage of the secrets of Hiram Abiff. Okay possibly. Also maybe not.

Yes allegedly the cathedrals of Europe were constructed by Freemasons. Which would make some sense that a cathedral would be built with the same basic motif as the Temple of Solomon. The checkerboard floor and pillars, for example. Also an interesting point of contention against their original claim. The description of the floor for the temple of Solomon from the Hebrew scriptures describes two different types of wood. It would not have been black and white. The black and white symbolism of the Freemason's lodge represents the two opposing forces of light and darkness, which is fine and intriguing in its own right - but not oh so connected to the temple of Solomon. I am starting a subthread about Freemasonry in my own thread about aliens. Oopsies.

And yes I am much interested in esoterica.

Yes I would advise starting another thread on the masons

adromedanblackhole
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2020, 10:06 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Ok so you seem to be moved quite fast to yet another topic which Rogan and Jones subscribe to - that the US government has been back engineering alien tech in order to explain the transition of a simple steam engine in the 1900s to landing on the moon in 1969. From using an abacus and slide rule in the 1950s to having supercomputers in the 1990s.

Marconi invented the phone (another idea stolen from Tesla) and by the 2000 we have hand held devices that we can see and speak to people in real time anywhere in the world.

:o
I will neither confirm nor deny
I will deflect to Gary McKinnon's musings on this topic

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

09 Oct 2020, 1:04 am

^Do you mean "defer"?

Tesla was sadly ahead of his time and shows that mainstream science wasn't ready for the challenges he presented his learned peers with.

Thanks for the exponential graph, Cyberdad: so interesting! My friend will enjoy seeing that.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

adromedanblackhole
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2020, 1:22 am

envirozentinel wrote:
^Do you mean "defer"?

Tesla was sadly ahead of his time and shows that mainstream science wasn't ready for the challenges he presented his learned peers with.

Thanks for the exponential graph, Cyberdad: so interesting! My friend will enjoy seeing that.

I meant deflect.

Like a question is in motion coming towards me - I am deflecting it and moving it and anyone interested in the answer to another direction.

I typically understand English and the words I'm using...

Defer, synonym of postpone. If I were deferring a question to someone, particularly a person who was unaware I was doing this - we'd be waiting an awful long while for an answer

Defer, delegate to another. Gary is unaware of this conversation, it would be a bit rude of me to delegate him to speak for me.

Defer, submit to another's wishes. I don't necessarily know his wishes.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

09 Oct 2020, 1:32 am

^Ah OK thanks for explaining why you meant deflect. Writing, reading, Scrabble, crosswords, linguistics and etymology are all interests of mine. I thought you meant you intended to defer to Gary McKinnon's opinion on something. I checked the definition of deflect before writing the post, but wasn't sure that's what you had meant in your previous post. No offence intended or taken!

Words, and the intention behind them, are always fascinating. People often use the incorrect words, but I have noticed that people on the higher end of the spectrum almost never do this and have an almost compulsive desire to use spelling, grammar and meaning correctly.

my blog:

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

09 Oct 2020, 8:21 am

You don't necessarily need someone's permission to defer to their musings / opinion about something, as these might be a matter of public record; something they're on an expert on and have written or spoken about. For instance I could defer to an expert's opinion - perhaps Michio Kaku, on a question about dark energy. His actual input on a thread here, would not be needed if we can find a link to something he had written or said.

my blog:

adromedanblackhole
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2020, 8:25 am

envirozentinel wrote:
You don't necessarily need someone's permission to defer to their musings / opinion about something, as these might be a matter of public record; something they're on an expert on and have written or spoken about. For instance I could defer to an expert's opinion - perhaps Michio Kaku, on a question about dark energy. His actual input on a thread here, would not be needed if we can find a link to something he had written or said.

I know, I was being wry

adromedanblackhole
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2020, 8:30 am

envirozentinel wrote:
I thought you meant you intended to defer to Gary McKinnon's opinion on something.

I enjoy using words in such a way as to create imagery out of abstractions. So on a topic that can yield a fair amount of commentary and responses that can feel like a barrage of negativity - the question regarding the US government reverse engineering alien technology to explain our rapid advancement since the 1950s - I am saying I would like to shield myself and redirect said barrage elsewhere.

It is also a common political communication strategy when dealing with a topic or question that is not in ones best interest in answering to apply the D's: deflect, delay, deny, discount, discredit etc. Again, I am being wry, I am aware I'm not a politician. If I was I would not openly reference myself as deflecting a question.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2020, 12:07 am

envirozentinel wrote:
I thought you meant you intended to defer to Gary McKinnon's opinion on something.

I enjoy using words in such a way as to create imagery out of abstractions. So on a topic that can yield a fair amount of commentary and responses that can feel like a barrage of negativity - the question regarding the US government reverse engineering alien technology to explain our rapid advancement since the 1950s - I am saying I would like to shield myself and redirect said barrage elsewhere.

It is also a common political communication strategy when dealing with a topic or question that is not in ones best interest in answering to apply the D's: deflect, delay, deny, discount, discredit etc. Again, I am being wry, I am aware I'm not a politician. If I was I would not openly reference myself as deflecting a question.

You do realise you are derailing your own thread?

adromedanblackhole
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2020, 12:12 am

cyberdad wrote:
envirozentinel wrote:

Negative. I did not start the line of questioning about my word choice, merely supporting it.
And I'm perfectly comfortable with tangents.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2020, 12:15 am

cyberdad wrote:
envirozentinel wrote:

Negative. I did not start the line of questioning about my word choice, merely supporting it.

You are the OP so it's Your call....but the title of the thread is "I'm Not Saying It Was Aliens ..."

adromedanblackhole
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2020, 12:24 am

cyberdad wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
envirozentinel wrote:

You are the OP so it's Your call....but the title of the thread is "I'm Not Saying It Was Aliens ..."

Relax

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2020, 12:27 am

Good grief,
Charlie brown.
This thread is giving me headaches. :hic:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2020, 12:28 am

cyberdad wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
envirozentinel wrote:

Relax

I'm trying,
But I think I'm hyperventilating. 8O