Page 2 of 3 [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2020, 12:46 am

I don't think I am mentally younger really. I mean I can be daft sometimes, or be hyperactive, but mostly I just feel like a 30-year-old, because I am 30. Sometimes I sound older actually, like if I rant about youngsters of today, I sound like a 60-year-old. :lol:

When I was 14 I had the mental age of a 9 or 10-year-old. But it may have been because I had no friends when I was that age so I often saw my younger cousins, who were aged between 7-11, so I sort of got used to doing the things they still liked doing.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2020, 3:54 am

Tempus Fugit
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2020, 4:59 am

Or maybe that's my IQ. I always get things like that mixed up.

Blint
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2020, 6:00 am

That doesn't sound right, how could I be 37? :|

Tempus Fugit
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2020, 6:28 am

Hey we're the same age, minus a couple thousand years.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2020, 7:27 am

I took the test:

Mental Age Test
Your mental age is

FleaOfTheChill
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2020, 7:35 am

I don't know what I'd say my mental age is. Sometimes I seem ancient. Other days I seem like a child. Mostly though, I seem like some weird teenager who somehow managed to wake up in an adult body without the proper life skills to live that reality. Unfortunately I have frequent times where it's like, "I need an adult!" Then I think "f***! I am the adult." :lol: I laugh because what else can I do. I'm happy I haven't accidentally burned the house down yet.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2020, 7:55 am

In some ways I am my age and in other ways I am young. I see people half my age and think of myself as being one of them! I then get rather wierd looks and I realize I am older then they are.

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2020, 12:26 pm

I have no idea. I love cute and childlike things but at the same time, I understand more adult things like politics and being responsible. I still wear t-shirts with logos but still know how to dress for a job.

I’m 27 btw.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2020, 12:32 pm

I have never really liked logos on tee shirts or clothes. If I had the choice I would always go for plain. I never have liked logos or writing on my clothes. I do have clothes with logos and writing on them as I avoid clothes shops because the smell is a shutdown trigger, and also new clothes are itchy. I need them to be washed and the tags removed before I can be comfortable in them. (I will usually wear them for about an hour or two and that's it! Time to take them off and put something older and more comfy on. Usually after several washes they start to get softer).

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

13 Nov 2020, 4:46 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
It's been said that people who have AS or HFA have 2/3 the mental capacity of physical age.
I was gonna say that but add that it is an average. Some on the spectrum may be even younger, others may be their physical ages, while others may be even older than their physical ages. Plus us autistics tend to fluctuate in different areas. Like we may be more mature in some areas & less mature in others.

As for myself, I am almost 38 so based on my math the two thirds formula would mean my mental age is 25. I'm not sure what my mental age is cuz I fluctuate. I'm very dependent compared to my peers but a lot of that may be due to me having various physical & mental disabilities besides Aspergers. I have some interests that are immature. However when I was in my early 20s, some people said I seemed mature because I was never into the party scene. I only drink occasionally, never really gone to a bar or a wild party where people get drunk & do stupid sh!t, I never tried illegal drugs or abused legal stuff, & never been into casual sex, plus I take romantic relationships very seriously compared to some. Some people also think I'm wise despite me being pretty stupid.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

seventhreeone
Butterfly
Butterfly

13 Nov 2020, 8:43 pm

Soliloquist wrote:
Quote:
Mental Age Test

Your mental age is

https://mymentalage.com

I took this test and got 14, which happens to also be my actual age.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

13 Nov 2020, 10:24 pm

seventhreeone wrote:
Soliloquist wrote:
Quote:
Mental Age Test

Your mental age is

https://mymentalage.com

I took this test and got 14, which happens to also be my actual age.
I didn't notice the test. I just took it & got 31

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2020, 11:53 pm

11 to 100 depending on the situation

OkaySometimes
Raven
Raven

14 Nov 2020, 8:55 am

According to the test linked above, my "mental age" is 45, just a touch older than I am. Sounds about right, sort of. I always tend to get on better with people older than me, but usually it's more of a 10-15 year difference. They generally forget that I'm not the same age as them. Probably another piece of it is having grown up in a rural area, so my childhood was more similar to someone who grew up in an earlier time than it is to most people nearer to my actual age.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2020, 1:15 pm

I just loved how they always use an American flag when they want you to choose your native language. Because there are obviously no other English speaking countries in the entire world. Especially not Canada or Australia. Who would live in a country that's freezing cold all the time? And a country with all those strange animals that don't live anywhere else on Earth can't possibly exist, either. :roll: :lol:

I quit the test after I got to the question about politics. Naturally it asked me about which American politics I follow. Ugh ugh uggghh! I couldn't even answer that I don't follow any politics because they are all evil. I don't know what mental age that makes me, but I like to think my wisdom and experience is somewhat above average.