Page 2 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2021, 7:45 pm

i'm too GD much of a blinkin' slob to have an aesthetic. that said, i love contrasting colors and woodgrain, bronze and brass and silver and chrome. velour [never shiny slick leather], suede, bolstered pillowey upholstery. gotta be surround sound wherever i'm at, in terms of musical reproduction in the home. mellow and not especially bright.

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2021, 12:50 am

As far as clothes go, no.

As far as my tastes in everything else in life, definitely girly and kawaii aesthetic.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2021, 12:59 am

I don't know if I have a specific "aesthetic". I like the colour green and anything that goes with it. I also just wear solid coloured t-shirts and shorts/jeans. I have no aesthetic. lol

Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2021, 2:05 am

I'm mostly oblivious to such things. I pick clothes based on how little they will bother me, or how much they'll help me (e.g. cap in sunny weather). I've had the same haircut for about 12 year now. It'll probably stay that way until it starts falling off, and then I'll trim it to a crew cut.

My wife decorates our home. I help keeping it clean, though.

DIVAIR
Raven
Raven

22 Feb 2021, 12:21 pm

Back in the mid-to-late 1980's, bright colors and heavy black eye-liner, think Siouxsie and the Banshees meets A Flock of Seagulls 8O My best friend/mate's parents always told him that I was going to give him AIDS; admittedly there were a whole lot of men that wanted me. I may be weird/queer but I'm heterosexual, so that confuses EVERYONE.

Since then I guess one might say my aesthetic is what my wife and I call "he-man", no, not Masters of the Universe, but 1930's-1960's classic field and stream outdoorsy. I do like nice suits and silk ties, one of my fave ties is from the 1940's of a very stylized nude woman: when I wear that one I get a whole lot of double takes :twisted:

My art aesthetic is painting native California and fat nude women: currently doing fat devil-girls and angels. I'm just waiting for someone to tell me I can't/shouldn't paint those things, "Why, does it make you uncomfortable to see a beautiful woman who is very, very fat?"

Or, "You'll go to hell for that..."

"I'll save you a seat when I get there; I understand that the fishin's great by the Lake of Fire during the summer..."

Our house is a 1926 Spanish Revival Style so 1900's -1940's, but the back of the house was added on in the 1950's, so that's where we keep our 1950's-60's stuff.

DIVAIR

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2021, 12:39 pm

This is what I look like when I'm most happy. It's how I've always dressed.

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: "I know there's nothing we can do. But my heart can't accept it." "If this is real, then I want to change the future."

22 Feb 2021, 12:50 pm

DIVAIR wrote:
Back in the mid-to-late 1980's, bright colors and heavy black eye-liner, think Siouxsie and the Banshees meets A Flock of Seagulls 8O My best friend/mate's parents always told him that I was going to give him AIDS; admittedly there were a whole lot of men that wanted me. I may be weird/queer but I'm heterosexual, so that confuses EVERYONE.

Since then I guess one might say my aesthetic is what my wife and I call "he-man", no, not Masters of the Universe, but 1930's-1960's classic field and stream outdoorsy. I do like nice suits and silk ties, one of my fave ties is from the 1940's of a very stylized nude woman: when I wear that one I get a whole lot of double takes :twisted:

My art aesthetic is painting native California and fat nude women: currently doing fat devil-girls and angels. I'm just waiting for someone to tell me I can't/shouldn't paint those things, "Why, does it make you uncomfortable to see a beautiful woman who is very, very fat?"

Or, "You'll go to hell for that..."

"I'll save you a seat when I get there; I understand that the fishin's great by the Lake of Fire during the summer..."

Our house is a 1926 Spanish Revival Style so 1900's -1940's, but the back of the house was added on in the 1950's, so that's where we keep our 1950's-60's stuff.

DIVAIR

I can't wait to see the angels and demons. May I?

Any topic, PM me; mind my profile.

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2021, 1:10 pm

I think I could fall into the girly and boho aesthetic because I forgot half my wardrobe because I’m in pajamas all day.

NaturalEntity
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2021, 1:39 pm

I found this amazing wiki for aesthetics! There's loads on there! Here it is: link

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2021, 9:35 pm

NaturalEntity wrote:
I found this amazing wiki for aesthetics! There's loads on there! Here it is: link

https://aesthetics.fandom.com/wiki/Dual_Kawaii

I think this is pretty much me. I like a mix of cute and dark things. May I add that an aesthetic isn’t about clothing style only. I think it’s also your taste in things. I play both Project Diva and Doom. It really depends on how I feel and what day I’m having.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2021, 10:38 pm

People who look the way Mick Avory looked in the Summer of 1964, of all genders. I call them Bubs because of their bubby lips.

SportsGamer35728
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Mar 2021, 1:24 pm

MidnightRose wrote:
Oh totally. I love goth aesthetics, not the really punk looking stuff, or some other looks that just seem like an exercise in being as extreme as possible to the point of absurdity. But generally I love it. I wish I had the guts to do it myself, I would probably take a little more care for my appearance. But I feel like I would go into a whole androgynous look that I'm not confident enough to pull off. Not yet anyway. I've always found dark and moody stuff pretty cathartic and love, say, vampire stories. I just wear jeans and a t-shirt every day. I guess my hair is longer than most guys, but otherwise I blend in with a crowd real easy.

I love this look on women as well, along with, ironically, this:
As you can imagine, trying to appeal to both is Mission Impossible :P

NaturalEntity
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2021, 3:59 pm

xxZeromancerlovexx wrote:
NaturalEntity wrote:

https://aesthetics.fandom.com/wiki/Dual_Kawaii

I think this is pretty much me. I like a mix of cute and dark things. May I add that an aesthetic isn’t about clothing style only. I think it’s also your taste in things. I play both Project Diva and Doom. It really depends on how I feel and what day I’m having.

I'm not dual kawaii exactly but I definitely bounce between styles depending on mood.