What would do if money was no object?

Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

tonyg456
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Feb 2021, 9:05 am

What would do if money was no object?
Where would you live?

For me, I’ve always loved living in the tropics. I spent 6 months in Thailand until Covid-19.

Just interested in people’s opinions as I know where I’d be (somewhere hot) but I don’t know what I’d be doing.

Thanks in advance

Tony

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2021, 9:14 am

Clothe, feed, shelter, and provide medical care for everyone.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

NaturalEntity
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2021, 1:37 pm

I don't really know...

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2021, 1:51 pm

I'd probably lead a nomadic lifestyle. It would be so much easier to do if money was no abject.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2021, 1:53 pm

Buy some very rural property where I don't have to worry about people being around me for miles and then become a hermit.

madbutnotmad
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2021, 2:05 pm

Fnord wrote:

For sure, me too! Such things should have been human rights globally by now!

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2021, 2:11 pm

madbutnotmad wrote:
Fnord wrote:
For sure, me too! Such things should have been human rights globally by now!
They are.

However, the fact that you have the right to food does not by itself mean that anyone else is obligated to feed you.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

madbutnotmad
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2021, 2:27 pm

Outside my fantasies to address the many inequalities in life for the human race.
If i was asked, if money was no object, where would i like to live?

I guess I would like to live in a tropical island, that was like paradise in a beach front earth sheltered bungalow on the beach which had incorporated into its design a lot of glass, so that i could lay in bed, sit on the sofa, sit in my beach side garden and look out to sea and look up at the stars.

Would have to be somewhere that doesn't have hurricanes, or at least designed to protect against hurricanes
perhaps with a fallout shelter beneath it, where the inhabitants could live for months without need for any outside help.

The property would have to be on an island that was populated enough, to have fun. for example, a few bars.
Restaurants, shops. etc.

With the home built far enough away from people to get away from people.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

24 Feb 2021, 2:44 am

How (un)realistic should I be?
With money for a very well-off but still just a regular citizen, I would buy a bigger place to live in the same neighborhood. And hire someone to clean it regularily :mrgreen:
A home with a workshop for my husband :heart: I'd love to see where a workshop and a lot of free time would lead him :heart: :heart: :heart:

I like my city. I feel at home in it. I don't really want to move away.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

traven
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2021, 3:09 am

buying nice old buildings to do up

woo.... the hassle, you can throw a lot of money at that, but where to go with it, its not very likely to find return on investment

calm down, maybe finish this house first 8) if money was no object

KT67
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2021, 8:07 am

Use digital money... :lol:

The_Wolf
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2021, 9:32 pm

I would like to buy myself a house and have enough left over to build a museum for a collection of restored fire engines and flyable WWII aircraft :)

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2021, 9:38 pm

Get a fortress and make the area around it a protected area for wildlife or failing that, maybe just go live with elephants, see if I can join a herd. I'll give them back scratches and find food for them and everything, instead of elephants working for people I'd work for the elephants. Lol so yeah perhaps me and my boyfriend can someday join a herd of elephants, They are better than human people anyways.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2021, 10:35 pm

I'd buy my friends, family and loved ones a house to live in. My house would be custom made in a traditional German style but wired with the most modern technology. I'd buy myself a smart fridge and a top of the line washer and dryer. I'd have a holographic TV set custom made for me. I'd buy two Living Cube storage beds. One for the TV room and one for the master bedroom. I'd also buy myself the best reusable incontinence underpants. I'd also buy myself the best state of the art entertainment center that plays all speeds of Vinyl, Cassettes, CDs and MP3s that has colour changing speakers. I would buy myself four pairs of bell bottoms, two leisure jackets and 6 shirts that have disco collars. I'd also take my friends and family places around the world that they'd like to go.

AlanMooresBeard
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Feb 2021, 8:48 am

I'd buy a house in the part of London where I currently live and spend most of my time indulging in my cultural interests. I'd also travel to all the places in the UK and other European countries that I've wanted to go to but haven't managed to visit yet.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2021, 12:04 pm

I can't edit my other comment now, but I'd also grow a bunch of native plants on my property, and have animals like goats and chickens. I'd also get pairs of a couple different rodents as pets (rats, guinea pigs, and a Syrian hamster probably) because rodents are cool. lol