Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2021, 1:08 am

Is there a hand sanitizer for sensitive skin?

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2021, 1:19 am

I certainly have seen ones labeled for that....

But another thing you could check is if the ingredients of your sanitizer include aloe vera. Because aloe vera can sooth the skin from the alcohol in the hand sanitizers so if you get one with some aloe it might be nicer on your skin. But yeah a lot of times on ingredients it is just listed as aloe, not aloe vera.

I certainly find the best ones are the alcohol based with some aloe in it, there is like another sort of hand sanitizer I used that has something different from alcohol to kill the germs and I don't like that one it feels weird on my hands weirder than the alcohol based ones. But nah I do prefer the ones that have some aloe in them, since that helps sooth the skin from the harsh effects of the alcohol.

But I have also been drinking a bit of straight aloe vera lately, so I may be biased because it does feel good to drink. Also the flavor can really grow on you if you start drinking it consistently. I have even started adding a splash in if I have an alcoholic drink but other than that I take drinks of it throughout the day, adding it to my morning tea or even just taking swigs of it out of the refrigerator. It is just very soothing and drinking it makes it feel like you're drinking a whole comforting thing for your digestive tract...which is a hard feeling for me to find with always being tensed up from my PTSD issues, but does seem the Aloe can relax things a bit. I mean before the PTSD I was always down to eat food, if it was edible I'd eat it....but for sure that is a thing the PTSD changed like I can't just eat like I used to. I cannot get totally sucked into books like when I was a kid...mostly I can never escape the fear. LIke freak it sucks being constantly afraid something is going to happen that I can do nothing about. But yeah that is why I cannot go back to college I'll just freak out from hearing people in the hall and/or or get too hypervigilant to concentrate on the lesson, too worried someone is going to shoot up the school.

Last edited by Sweetleaf on 25 Feb 2021, 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2021, 1:29 am

...Use skin lotion after hand sanitizer...? Just a thought.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2021, 1:41 am

Uhh sorry about my aloe rant, you certainly don't need to give response to that if you don't want...lol may be hard to figure what to say to that post of mine. But it just err reminded me of a thing I have never been able to get over, but still I do think a bit of aloe can help cancel the burn of the alcohol.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2021, 3:07 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
Uhh sorry about my aloe rant, you certainly don't need to give response to that if you don't want...lol may be hard to figure what to say to that post of mine. But it just err reminded me of a thing I have never been able to get over, but still I do think a bit of aloe can help cancel the burn of the alcohol.

I bought hand sanitizer with aloe before, it still burned me, I have psoriasis on my hands.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2021, 8:26 pm

I bought hand sanitizer. Has anyone use this? It’s with Aloe & vitamin E.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Hello-Bello- ... /611055473