"Maybe goldfish shouldn't be at the meetings."

Page 7 of 7 [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2021, 2:00 pm

It has been almost 2 weeks ... any new developments?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2021, 8:29 pm

Fnord wrote:
It has been almost 2 weeks ... any new developments?

Termination hasn't been invalidated or anything, but a Judge said it would be too disruptive to their business to have to move to storage for 2 months and then into a new shop space because they have contracts to install lights and sirens for 2 law enforcement agencies. Shouldn't have breached his lease 8 ways from Sunday and got evicted then.

He's filed multiple lawsuits against us, which we're responding to. All of his filings contain conjecture and outright fictional lies vs. facts, so shouldn't be super difficult to defend against.

His goofball friends are playing intimidation games, taking photos of myself and my friend's employees and other visitors to the property - just being as*holes for the sake of it, but unless they're physically violent or threatening and we have to call 911 there's pretty much Zero we can do about it except for document it to present in court later as examples of their ongoing behaviour.

And we're preparing a few lawsuits to file right back in their direction to sue for building repairs and lost rent etc, as well as to resolve the dispute over ownership of the paint booth installed in the body shop as a permanent fixture of the building. Not sure if we'll be able to recover all costs/expenses, but we'll certainly try.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2021, 8:39 pm

Maybe you could take a few pictures of your own.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2021, 12:40 pm

Fnord wrote:
Maybe you could take a few pictures of your own.

Every video surveillance camera on the exterior of the building And the ones inside my friend's office and shops all also have microphones. Any of their rude or intimidating behaviour caught in common areas of the property is documented.

The only photos we've taken are of vehicles blocking roadways and fire lanes. None of these people are particularly good looking - no need to play paparazzi.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2021, 12:42 pm

Also, I've been staying at the property overnight since August 19th w/ the exception of one night. Making sure they don't return at night to do property damage or theft - which they're not happy about and trying to deter me from doing. Gee, I wonder why..

Redd_Kross
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2022, 12:42 am

This went very quiet.

What happened, in the end?

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2022, 1:21 am

Redd_Kross wrote:
This went very quiet.

He got evicted and F’d off. Probably thinks he’s walking away scott free. But sometime in the coming weeks he’s going to get a nice package of paperwork in the mail from our lawyers informing him he’s being sued for a few hundred grand or whatever the total damage is.

Redd_Kross
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2022, 2:45 am

goldfish21 wrote:
Redd_Kross wrote:
This went very quiet.

He got evicted and F’d off. Probably thinks he’s walking away scott free. But sometime in the coming weeks he’s going to get a nice package of paperwork in the mail from our lawyers informing him he’s being sued for a few hundred grand or whatever the total damage is.

Lol let us know how it goes :)

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2022, 1:33 pm

Redd_Kross wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Redd_Kross wrote:
This went very quiet.

Lol let us know how it goes :)

I expect that he’ll be vindictive and try to file bogus counter lawsuits and pursue a court date with me specifically claiming that I was in breach of a court order and he wants the judge to fine me $5k blah blah - IMO, I was not in breach of the order And he lied several times on his statements to the judge about that. If his lies were true then Maybe I could have been considered in breach yadda yadda. In that case I’ll just go tell the judge this guy has a screw loose and he’s angrily shooting the messenger - he hates me for collecting his overdue rent and bills and arranging for his eviction on behalf of his Landlord. I’m just the messenger; his Landlord signed all the documents. He’s lashing out at me for it and wasting everyone’s time here in court.

We’ll have to pay a few grand in lawyers fees, and worst case scenario a $5k fine (unlikely imo) which the Landlord is willing to pay as a cost of doing business for getting rid of that guy.

As for the building, this guy’s old units are re-rented for storage of hvac supplies, although 1 is under renovation to repair unpermittef stuff this guy had done so isn’t quite rented yet. And the first isn’t technically good to go yet due to unpermitted demolition this guy did so that’s getting sorted hopefully with quick paperwork. The other unit he had committed to repairing during the sale of the building is being repaired and renovated to build it out as a 3500sf detailing shop (automotive detailing, paint correction & protection - ceramic coating and paint protection films etc is a big and growing industry here that can be quite lucrative with the right crew, reputation, and marketing.) and the last one he was supposed to repair the unpermitted mezzanine in is getting brought up to code. Fix the holes in the roof he made, repair the curbs he ripped out in the parking lot etc etc a few more line items and then all of the things he’s responsible for paying for he’s being sued for - plus the lost rent in multiple units that he caused via intentional delays.

He sold the building for $6.1M and his house for $2M, split with the ex wife I heard. After repaying loans, he Should have had at least $2M cash yet acted like he was penniless. If he truly has no money, thankfully the townhome he’s in now has just appreciated by hundreds of thousands of dollars during covid and there’s some equity to tap there/sell your place and live in your truck/new shop.

Only time will tell how it all shakes out. One of my work tasks is getting all of the invoices, estimates and quotes together to get over to a Litigator to put together and sue him. We were hoping to have that present delivered to him for Christmas just for fun, but whatever, if it’s a Groundhog Day gift that’s okay too. 8)