I don't know what to watch on Youtube any more

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2021, 6:39 am

I like to watch Youtube videos on my laptop whilst eating dinner, but I seem to have run out of things to watch. All my favourite videos have been taken off Youtube due to copyright s**t, and I've watched everything else.

I tried Dailymotion, but that's even more crap than Youtube. All there are is 2 minute clips of shows but if I filter the search to 30+ minutes it comes up with no results. The full videos I do find all seem to be in foreign.

I really want to watch all the episodes of Supernanny (the UK episodes, not the crappy US ones), but that is nowhere to be seen anywhere. All I get is the US episodes but they are just not the same. How come the copyright s**t doesn't apply to the US episodes? :roll:

Also I like watching movie reviews, but my favourite movie reviewers on Youtube mostly do reviews of boring movies I'm not into, like Star Wars and all that geeky stuff. I've watched all the good movies they do a review on, but I wish they'll do more good movies. Sometimes I like learning about the little details on how a movie is made or whatever.

I tried another site to watch videos on, I can't remember what it was called, but you had to register to watch videos. I did, but I must have signed up for it before because it recognised my email address but obviously I don't remember my password. I tried ''forgot your password?'' and they said they'd send me a new password within the next few minutes, but I never received an email with my new password and this was 2 days ago.

So, yeah, the internet is so boring lately. Nothing to watch except the same old stuff. Are there any other sites I can watch my favourite shows on, without having to register or pay?

I don't have Netflix by the way so don't suggest that please.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2021, 7:11 am

I recommend a vlogger named Kurt Caz.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2021, 10:27 am

With shows on YouTube sometimes stuff from another country won't be blocked because that channel doesn't have the rights to show whatever it is in the country you're in.

Say like if I want to watch The Daily Show clips I can't watch it on the The Daily Show channel because the company that owns the channel sold the rights to The Daily Show to Bell Media who want people to watch it on their website - but - if I go to the Comedy Central UK YouTube channel they're up and available because Bell hasn't tried to force them to block the content for Canadians yet.

You could always watch Claire Luvcat and her pride:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkuA_g ... wyQ/videos
https://www.youtube.com/c/Kittisaurus/videos
https://www.youtube.com/c/KittisaurusVillains/videos

Lulu's face when he smells food might be the greatest antidepressant known to man.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2021, 2:40 pm

What's annoying me quite a bit right now is the fact that almost every YouTube video I watch has a couple of adverts at the start, which are impossible to skip. If you're watching a longer video, then this is going to happen every few minutes. I suppose this is a deliberate policy to try to get people to sign up for a paid version, without ads.

The adverts don't appear in videos uploaded to WP. They also don't appear if you download the video to your hard drive via apps like 4K Downloader or Easy YouTube Video Downloader (on Firefox). These are worth having and using, because you never know when a video is going to disappear from YouTube - I've managed to save a good number of them that are now no longer available.

As far as copyright issues go, or shows that are blocked to UK viewers, it's worth investigating VPNs. I've managed to watch a number of these by using VPNs like Windscribe and Browsec. This includes British made programmes from Channel 4 and ITV which, astonishingly, can be viewed by people overseas but not over here, despite the fact that they were made by a UK company.

But you're right as far as your general point goes: quite a bit of YouTube content that used to be available no longer seems to be.

https://www.4kdownload.com/products/videodownloader/6

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefo ... downloader

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2021, 5:08 pm

I just prefer the UK Supernanny episodes much better than the US ones, I really wish Supernanny never went to the US.