Page 1 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2021, 5:58 am

For halloween last night I was walking around my local bar (it was packed out) by myself and this younger guy said to me in front of his girlfriend "pedophile".

Do you think maybe I have a bad reputation?

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2021, 6:04 am

Jamesy wrote:
For halloween last night I was walking around my local bar (it was packed out) by myself and this younger guy said to me in front of his girlfriend "pedophile".

He said it looking directly at you and had no interaction before or after since?

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2021, 6:12 am

Nades wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

He said it looking directly at you and had no interaction before or after since?

yes

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2021, 6:18 am

Jamesy wrote:
Nades wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

yes

Hmmm. He seems like a bit of a twat to be fair. I imagine if he said that to anyone else he would have left with a black eye.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2021, 6:23 am

Nades wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
Nades wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

yes

Hmmm. He seems like a bit of a twat to be fair. I imagine if he said that to anyone else he would have left with a black eye.

I do get labelled pedophile quite a lot

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2021, 6:31 am

Im guessing you're awkward and goofy in appearance and dont know how to act 'normal'. Why else would you get targeted with insults 'quite a lot'. Bully can sense weakness. You must be giving off weak vibes. You got be more assertive.

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2021, 6:32 am

Jamesy wrote:

I do get labelled pedophile quite a lot

Any reason as to why? Do you look crazy?

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2021, 6:34 am

theprisoner wrote:
Im guessing you're awkward and goofy in appearance and dont know how to act 'normal'. Why else would you get targeted with insults 'quite a lot'. Bully can sense weakness. You must be giving off weak vibes. You got be more assertive.

If his autism alone is causing him to be labelled as a paedophile multiple times, then I think he needs to do a little more than just be assertive to these particular individuals.

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2021, 6:39 am

If you want revenge for this humiliation. I would find out where his car is parked and key his car/ slash his tires. its passive agressive and non-confrontational, but thats a good start. or maybe you could follow him, and you could petrol bomb his house. a bit extreme, but certainly assertive. if your a good fighter, just knock him out next time he decides to insult you. So many possibilities. So many consequences. Its all u to you. Just dont let anybody step on you, if you want any kind of respect.

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2021, 6:41 am

Ive never been labeled that in my life. thats a serious accusation, even if joking, mocking you. Thats not a repuation you want. "hey look its the pedo !" Wouldnt that stir feelings of anger? if guy is 6'6 280pounds i can understand you not wanting to confront though.

Last edited by theprisoner on 31 Oct 2021, 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2021, 6:42 am

theprisoner wrote:
If you want revenge for this humiliation. I would find out where his car is parked and key his car/ slash his tires. its passive agressive and non-confrontational, but thats a good start. or maybe you could follow him, and you could petrol bomb his house. a bit extreme, but certainly assertive. if your a good fighter, just knock him out next time he decides to insult you. So many possibilities. So many consequences. Its all u to you. Just dont let anybody step on you, if you want any kind of respect.

I am awkward but I am not goofy in appearance

I actually dress up smartley

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2021, 6:45 am

The more reasonable thing would not to be violent, but insult the person back on the spot. But that requires a quick wit. "takes one to know one" "know you are but what am i" might suffice, childish and unoriginal, you might end up lookin like some pee wee herman type character, but atleast it would be some kind of response.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2021, 6:49 am

theprisoner wrote:

Publically labelling someone a paedophile because of social awkwardness brought about by autism alone is particularly heinous in the eyes of the both the general public and the law. Revenge attacks after the fact like vandalism of cars and property might not be acceptable.....however he might very well be covered by common law if he immediately retorted with a relentless wall of punches upon being called a paedophile with no supporting evidence.

Either way, public interest is heavily on his side but it's still a legal risk. If this is a regular occurrence for him and there is no reason why he is being called it other than his autistic traits, I recommend he calls a solicitor/lawyer and ask what he can legally get away with because this appears to be beyond what firm words shouted back can solve.

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2021, 6:58 am

No, whoever throws first punch is considered guilty and instigator. vandalism is certainly a criminal offense, despite "mitigating circumstances " like "emotional distress" or whatever. 'para-legal' responses are an individual personal judgment call.

The reasonable "lawful" responses are either 1. ignore (bullying will continue likely, nothing is resolved), or 2. tit for tat response (assertive , shows you have modicum of self respect, not a push-over or defenseless target for abuse)

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2021, 7:07 am

theprisoner wrote:
No, whoever throws first punch is considered guilty and instigator. vandalism is certainly a criminal offense, despite "mitigating circumstances " like "emotional distress" or whatever. 'para-legal' responses are an individual personal judgment call.

The reasonable "lawful" responses are either 1. ignore (bullying will continue likely, nothing is resolved), or 2. tit for tat response (assertive , shows you have modicum of self respect, not a push-over or defenseless target for abuse)

I don't think that is entirely the case. Common law and state law varies considerably. Common law revolves around practicality and public interest while state law revolves around the explicit black and white.

A scenario like Jamsey mentioned appears to be a case where he can raise a public interest defence that can repeal state law. Literally, even if the law explicitly says someone was assaulted a jury can just rule that the "victim" was so at fault that he thoroughly deserved it (which he did) and declare someone innocent.

A case like this seems to be a prime example where a jury could throw out state law in the public interest of the "greater good" so to speak.

It'll be worth Jamsey speaking to a solicitor to point him in the right direction of how he can respond as I'm certainly not one and have little grasp of the law but he might be surprised as to what options a solicitor gives him.

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2021, 7:12 am

The way it was described, sonds like a off the cuff remark. disrespectful, but certainly nothing you contact a solicitor over. unless you want to add financial insult on top of everything.

Im trying to put the facts together.
pub. younger guy. 20's ? , lone guy "jamesy", maybe 'creepy' demeanor, checking out his young girlfriend, man gets agitated, insults guy, "what are you some kind of pedophile?" ..... :nerdy: maybe you look older than 32...