Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Aspinator
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2021, 6:48 pm

Mine was when a friend and me (before there was caller ID) called a cab company to get a ride. We used the address of someone we didn't like.(the guy would sic his dog on us) We told the cab company that we had too much to drink and we would be right inside the porch laying down on the swing and to have the driver lightly and quickly honk his horn so we would know he's there. The driver then got pissed off because nobody came out and then laid on his horn (it was the middle of the night) The whole house was soon lit up while my friend and I was in the woods close by laughing our asses off.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2021, 2:34 am

Oh, I've got a good one. I used to work for this dude who was just the worst, he'd try to cheat his workers on their time cards, screw people over who did work for his place, and otherwise just be a miserable boss. I was a delivery driver for him at the time, and my assistant manager and I were the closers, which meant we got off work around 2-3 am on most nights, so we'd often grab a six pack of beer on a late run and drink it while we did the end of night shutdown and cleaning. Since we didn't want him to notice that we were drinking on the job, instead of putting the empty cans and bottles in the garbage where he might notice them the next day, we'd throw them on the roof of the building, which was low and flat, and we'd been doing this about a year when the prank started. See, the AC went out, and jerk boss hired a guy to fix it, who had to go up on the roof to get to the AC unit, and saw all the cans and bottles, which he then told the boss about. My assistant manager and I were standing right there when the service tech told the boss, and both of us shared a panicked glance as he absorbed the information, then turned to us and said "you know what this is? It's all these bums who hang out around here, they're sneaking up onto the roof after we close to drink!". Without skipping a beat, I say "you know what, I have noticed that the homeless guys around here seem to be waiting for us to close, right Luis?", to which my assistant manager replies "yeah, I've been wondering about that", and off the boss goes, ranting about bums living on our roof for a good five minutes or so. Here's where the prank really takes off. See, this restaurant was located near a university campus in Seattle, and the many fraternity and sorority houses often had discarded clothing and furniture piled outside, so my and my coworkers who were in on it started grabbing things like old clothes, sleeping bags, tents, etc, and throwing them up on the roof along with our empty beers, to convince my boss that homeless people were camping up there, and eventually he got so fed up with it that I came in one day to find a fence company installing a heavy duty chainlink fence with barbed wire all around the roof, with my boss triumphantly declaring that this was costing him several thousand dollars, but that it would put a stop to the bums living on the roof. I just nodded and kept a straight face, and told him it probably would solve the problem. Easily my favorite ever accomplishment at a job to this day.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2021, 4:37 am

We filled a condom with sun cream, tied it in a not and threw it over the fence into next doors back yard.

Next doors was a hairdressers so the next day we directed our cctv on to their back yard and left our back door open so we could hear the ladies as well as be able to see them on camera.

It was priceless. The condom had landed right in the middle of their garden table. And the first woman who came out shouted: Dolly, come here and see this.

All names in this post have been changed to protect people's identities.

Aspinator
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2021, 5:48 pm

Another one I thought of: when I worked there was this one person that always treated me negatively. Another co-worker asked me the best way to talk to him. I told him the person in question was hard of hearing so when you talk to him - talk real loud and say your words slowly; also point to yourself alot to help him understand better. It must have worked because the person in question called me and wanted to know what my fxxking problem was telling others to communicate with him in this way.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2021, 6:03 pm

My first girlfriends Dad bought her another car. It was a Skoda. She did not like Skodas.
I took advantage of this and it was in the days when mobile phones started to become popular, so as I saw other railway staff regularly, I played a prank on her by getting random staff members to text her Skoda jokes like "Why do Skodas have heated rear windows? So you can warm your hands as you push them".

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2021, 10:22 pm

Aspinator wrote:
Mine was when a friend and me (before there was caller ID) called a cab company to get a ride. We used the address of someone we didn't like.(the guy would sic his dog on us) We told the cab company that we had too much to drink and we would be right inside the porch laying down on the swing and to have the driver lightly and quickly honk his horn so we would know he's there. The driver then got pissed off because nobody came out and then laid on his horn (it was the middle of the night) The whole house was soon lit up while my friend and I was in the woods close by laughing our asses off.

My best pranks were taking over facebook groups and getting a bully's myspace deleted.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2021, 10:53 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Oh, I've got a good one. I used to work for this dude who was just the worst, he'd try to cheat his workers on their time cards, screw people over who did work for his place, and otherwise just be a miserable boss. I was a delivery driver for him at the time, and my assistant manager and I were the closers, which meant we got off work around 2-3 am on most nights, so we'd often grab a six pack of beer on a late run and drink it while we did the end of night shutdown and cleaning. Since we didn't want him to notice that we were drinking on the job, instead of putting the empty cans and bottles in the garbage where he might notice them the next day, we'd throw them on the roof of the building, which was low and flat, and we'd been doing this about a year when the prank started. See, the AC went out, and jerk boss hired a guy to fix it, who had to go up on the roof to get to the AC unit, and saw all the cans and bottles, which he then told the boss about. My assistant manager and I were standing right there when the service tech told the boss, and both of us shared a panicked glance as he absorbed the information, then turned to us and said "you know what this is? It's all these bums who hang out around here, they're sneaking up onto the roof after we close to drink!". Without skipping a beat, I say "you know what, I have noticed that the homeless guys around here seem to be waiting for us to close, right Luis?", to which my assistant manager replies "yeah, I've been wondering about that", and off the boss goes, ranting about bums living on our roof for a good five minutes or so. Here's where the prank really takes off. See, this restaurant was located near a university campus in Seattle, and the many fraternity and sorority houses often had discarded clothing and furniture piled outside, so my and my coworkers who were in on it started grabbing things like old clothes, sleeping bags, tents, etc, and throwing them up on the roof along with our empty beers, to convince my boss that homeless people were camping up there, and eventually he got so fed up with it that I came in one day to find a fence company installing a heavy duty chainlink fence with barbed wire all around the roof, with my boss triumphantly declaring that this was costing him several thousand dollars, but that it would put a stop to the bums living on the roof. I just nodded and kept a straight face, and told him it probably would solve the problem. Easily my favorite ever accomplishment at a job to this day.

If only you guys kept throwing stuff up there after the fence went up

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2021, 4:56 am

When I was junior high way back in the twentieth century... it was Halloween, which is a few days before election day (funny how the two scariest days of the year are next to each other on the calender). Our whole family did a Halloween prank on...actually two...neighbors.

About three blocks from our house a family had a big sign posted in their front yard, made to look like a real estate stuck into the ground, that proclaimed that "this property is SOLD...on Nixon-Agnew" (the next GOP POTUS and his running mate). Across the street lived the lady who ran the local "Dollars of Democrats".

On Halloween night I stole the sign. My parents removed it from the wooden stake, and then in the wee hours stuck it with a staple gun to the front the house of the lady across the street. So now the Democrats lady had the Nixon-Agnew sign emblazoned on it.

But the staple gun made considerable noise.

Just as my parents re entered the house after fleeing the scene of the crime the phone rang. It was the lady. She "I am scared...I just heard some banging noises". Dad, still breathless, replied "ohhh...its just some kids throwing fire crackers walking down the street...its okay. The lady was relieved and went back to sleep.

And didnt discover it till the next AM.

===

In the Eighties there was a chain of health clubs, called "Holiday Spas" that no longer exists. Long story short- their high pressure people almost got me to sign my life away in a membership. So I was permanently angry at them.

At my then job at the office supply store I worked I had to put in a shift on Saturday in little warehouse/stockroom and had nothing to do so I decided to get back at the Spa company by taking advantage of a quirk of the store's own phone system. You could call seperate phone numbers on two lines, press two buttons, and get the people on both lines into a conference call. Fine if you and both parties know that you're having a conference call. But if the other two dont know....both parties will hear their phone ring, both will answer, and both will think that the other party called THEM. And if you can keep silent, you can listen in.

So I would spend time calling random strangers, and roping them into conference calls with hapless employees of the Holiday Spa company. Often with hilarious results. An elderly couple saying "young lady ...youve got the wrong number"..." I thought that YOU had the wrong number...you called ME".

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2021, 4:59 am

funeralxempire wrote:
Dox47 wrote:

Yeah. That woulda been a good touch. Showed him he had been "had", but he still wouldnt be able to trace it to by whom :lol:

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2021, 5:05 am

naturalplastic wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Dox47 wrote:

Yeah. That woulda been a good touch. Showed him he had been "had", but he still wouldnt be able to trace it to by whom :lol:

Maybe he read this so he now knows?

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2021, 5:31 am

The odds are against it that he would be a member of this site.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2021, 5:44 am

One of the best ones did not actually start out as a prank but it kind of esculated out of control.

I was in my second year of secondary school so I would be about the age of 12. My friend from the village (I found it not that easy to make friends but this person was in the class below me and we got on well... Well enough that I sent his dog a valentines card from my dog (My dog was a girl and his dog was a boy. He guessed it was me that did it and he couldn't stop laughing!)

His Dad was into the cash machine business selling the new electronic cash machines in the early 1980's, and one large room of their house was dedicated to his business. He also sold price labelling guns and had boxes and boxes of rolls of stickers.

Now my friend gave me three rolls of stickers. Two were orange and one was yellow I believe? One may have been a partly used roll. I said "Won't your Dad mind?" He said "He won't notice!"

Now I had had these rolls for around a year and had hardly used them. I forget why, but for some reason... Maybe some school project or school work I was doing at the time. I brougt one of these rolls in with me.
Then kids in my class saw the stickers and they wanted some. I quickly realized I would have no stickers left as these to them were like some sort of "Must have stickers" compulsion, so the best way to rashion them was to charge a penny for 10 stickers.
When news got round that I had stickers I was a bit put out as I was being approached from many kids from the school of various ages to buy some. My plan to rashion them had not worked. After earning myself around 30 pence I told my friend about it (Who gave me an extra roll and who started selling stickers himself), and from then on, as my stickers were going down fast I would tell the kids to see him as though each roll had hundreds of stickers, I was having so many being bought from me as some kids would buy long lengths at a time, that I thought it better if he carried on selling the stickers instead as I did not want the hastle (Keep reading and I will explain).
Anyway. This went on and my friend and I started noticing these stickers all over the school... On the walls, on the windows... Some brave kids had even put 12 stickers on the back of the headmasters cloak as I noticed as he had walked past!
Well, naturally this sticker explosion had grabbed the teachers and the headmasters attention as they were everywhere!
I had found a whole industry of sticker trading going on a bit like a form of pyramid selling, as I was approached by one kid offering to sell me 10 stickers for 5 pence, and later another kid tried to sell me 10 stickers for 10 pence. (Well over what they were worth but fair play through trying!)
I actually stopped selling my stickers when a teacher was trying to find out where they were coming from, and I told her that it was from my friend. He, not wanting the blame said it was some kid who was trying to sell him stickers somewhere at the top of the chain of sellers, and so the teacher went round in a second very large loop to ask me again and my friend again and got nowhere going round this loop, though no doubt this was just one single trading loop the teacher had found, and the teacher had not asked how much each child had paid for the stickers. If she had she would have caught us.
But my friend continued selling them.
Anyway. It all ended a few weks or months later when my friends Dad once gave him a lift back home from school in his car, and on every sign post or lamp post was a sticker, and his Dad said "I have labels like that". He said he sank in the car seat and did not sell another one.
It took about another month and a half before the sticker supply had finally dried up, and there ended one of the most amazing profitable enterprizes that I and my friend had.
About a year later my friends family moved to Turkey so I lost touch, though I did discover him again online briefly where he reminded me about the dogs valentine card, but then the online site shut down.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2021, 4:37 pm

One of my best ones was in my latter years of high school.

I made entire classes laugh by being random and blatantly out of place... While the teacher never noticed me for entire few minutes, standing, walking around, making faces and even dancing.

They cheered up really loudly when I quietly took my seat from the front of the whole class.
The teacher didn't saw me and had no idea what happened. :lol:

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2021, 5:34 pm

I once put a little rubber spider on my formteachers chair so when she came in during the morning, she pulled out her chair and screamed! I had to own up to get my spider back.

No one else knew I had done it so no one else knew why she had screamed.

Eurythmic
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2021, 7:55 pm

I pulled some rip roarers in my much younger days, details of many of these will go to the grave with me.

Needless to say I'm pleased there wasn't CCTV everywhere like there is today or the Police would have evidence of some of my antics.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2021, 8:19 pm

I decided to spray paint some horse poo in the lane an unusual shade of dark blue. I thought it was hillarious! No one else seemed to think it was funny!