Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Owaain
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Nov 2021, 3:09 pm

I am french and whe mostly eat baguette, but I know that's only a french thing, so how is bread being eaten in other country ? is bread as present as it is in France ?

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2021, 3:25 pm

In America we buy loaves already presliced in plastic bags. And then butter each slice and eat it. Or toast it. Or make sandwiches.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

23 Nov 2021, 4:52 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
In America we buy loaves already presliced in plastic bags. And then butter each slice and eat it. Or toast it. Or make sandwiches.
Or we buy buns like hamburger buns or hotdog buns. I'm originally from Louisiana & we would buy French Bread & make fried fish or fried shrimp Po'boys :mrgreen: I haven't been home in a few years partly due to Covid, & moving to a new apartment a while before Covid began, & my girlfriend having various health issues & I really MISS that food :(

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2021, 9:23 pm

Usually I eat 12 slices of a day. (About one hundred calories per slice). No weight gain thus far. Trying and failing to cut back. Bread with nothing on it. Love the taste of bread, and not many other foods. Lately been indulging in a couple of loaves of artisan swiss bread per week. Costly and delicious. Usually I don't cook.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2021, 9:35 pm

Varies.

Mine could just be a bun or some other named salted bread dipped on either coffee or hot chocolate.

Sometimes I would go cook a meat patty and some egg or hotdog, add a bit of condiment of choice to make some simple homemade burger.

Sometimes it's just chocolate or peanut butter sandwich.
Sometimes some makeshift pizza.

Sometimes, if I bother using the oven, I'd go fo a toasted bread and either make anything out of it as stated above.

I like bread.
But my stomach might've been sensitive to it. :(

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2021, 10:53 pm

nick007 wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
Or we buy buns like hamburger buns or hotdog buns. I'm originally from Louisiana & we would buy French Bread & make fried fish or fried shrimp Po'boys. I haven't been home in a few years partly due to Covid, & moving to a new apartment a while before Covid began, & my girlfriend having various health issues & I really MISS that food.
Or we make our own bread and experiment with different recipes and ingredients.

When you have seen one bread-loving American, you have seen one bread-loving American.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2021, 10:56 pm

Owaain wrote:
I am french and whe mostly eat baguette, but I know that's only a french thing, so how is bread being eaten in other country ? is bread as present as it is in France ?

We have baguettes in America. I don't know, people eat bread lots of different ways.

I don't eat much bread, I'm allergic to gluten.
Sometimes I might splurge on a gluten-free loaf, and make peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2021, 1:25 am

Brown, toasted with peanut butter.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2021, 1:55 am

Garlic bread, they usually have good breads if you look for them in the grocery store aside from the the slices in a bag.

Or I like english muffins with peanut butter, not sure what that would be in all places...its a thing we at least have in the U.S, it's kind of like a bagel but no hole in the middle and it tastes different but idk they are really good with peanut butter. But yeah it's called an English muffin, idk if that is actually a thing in England though.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2021, 4:48 am

Fnord wrote:
Or we make our own bread and experiment with different recipes and ingredients.

When you have seen one bread-loving American, you have seen one bread-loving American.
That's true. My mom used to bake rolls & give a lot of em to close family & friends but I don't like that kind of bread so I never ate em. I'm not a huge bread lover. I ate cheese sandwiches a lot as a kid cuz mom would pack em for my school lunches & I got burnt out on em, especially cuz they're not that good when they are not fresh. There wasn't much else mom could easily fix for me to bring to school thou due to me being very picky so I eventually quit eating em. Then I would either buy food at school when they actually had something that I would eat & I would skip eating at school the rest of the time & just eat big for supper those nights. About the only other times I would eat bread would be hamburgers, hotdogs, & fish or shrimp sandwiches. Nowadays I usually have a ham or turkey sandwich for my supper, or if I heat up frozen chicken in the toast-R-oven for lunch that I make a sandwich out of, or if I have hamburgers & hotdogs of corse. I always use the toast-R-oven to toast the bread or I won't bother toasting the bread/cooking/heating it up. I don't feel safe using the regular oven so I NEVER use that.

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2021, 5:05 am

I don't hardly eat bread, but when i do, i eat it quickly.

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

25 Nov 2021, 5:13 am

We have a lot of various kinds of bread here.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2021, 5:18 am

theprisoner wrote:
I don't hardly eat bread, but when i do, i eat it quickly.
I eat most anything quickly. I'm a very slow learner but a very fast eater :mrgreen: which reminds me that I should go in the kitchen now & have a sandwich for my supper. My next meal would be ThanxGiving lunch which won't really be my lunch or even breakfast due to me normally going to bed within a few hours, it's about 5:20 am here