Just how powerful is your silence?

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Erjoy29
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

23 Nov 2021, 11:40 pm

I isolate a lot. Proud loner. Not so proud autistic. I suppose proud in some ways of that.

But the alone time. Most people think “Blah. alone time. So boring. It is so insignificant. Waste of time”

Yes I agree that connecting with a person or more than one person is quite powerful.

But so is alone time. With the right mindset. Whether we are meditating or not. It gives us so much inner comfort and inner and outer power. I think it really can evolve us a lot.

Anyone agree or have anything to add?

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2021, 11:48 pm

I agree.

I can't think of any social interactions in my entire life that I've truly enjoyed, or managed without crippling self-consciousness and one foot out the door.

I love silence, solitude, and seclusion.

I'm grateful I'm at a point in my life I can indulge full-time, and I don't give a rat's arse what anyone thinks.

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2021, 4:31 am

My silence is as powerful as a black hole colliding with a neutron star

I'm naturally introverted. Ive always had that temperament. I think it's necessary ingredient in the development of Intellect.

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2021, 5:28 am

I agree that I'm more powerful and more productive during my alone time. I'm also a lot happier during my alone time. But I'm bad at giving the silent treatment.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2021, 10:10 am

I'm clearly INTJ, and the I & T preferences are very clear.

I like being alone. Not being alone is tiring.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

25 Nov 2021, 6:38 am

I always been an extreme loner except I LOVE spending a lot of time with my romantic partner. I majorly HATED being single but I tend to avoid other social interaction except online stuff like this wonderful community. I was bullied a lot when I was little & I also always been very misunderstood by others including my family & parents with the exception of my romantic partners so that could be a major factor. My romantic partners were the only people I felt comfortable with & like I could be myself with. I always score ISTJ on those personality type quizzes but only the I & J are very strong.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition