Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Sonic200
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Dec 2021, 9:01 pm

Is this really just a politically correct thing to say instead of "merry Christmas"? Apparently not. There are Christmas songs where "happy holiday" is used.

"happy holiday (happy holiday) happy holiday (happy holiday) while the merry bells keep ringing happy holiday to you (happy holiday) (happy holiday)

It's the holiday season
And Santa Claus is coming 'round
The Christmas snow is white on the ground.
When old Santa gets into town
He'll be coming down the chimney, down
(He'll be coming down the chimney, down)"

"Rockin' around the Christmas tree, have a happy holiday. Everyone's dancing merrily in the new old-fashioned way."

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2021, 9:19 pm

No, it's just a BS issue the far-right invented for the culture wars.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

24 Dec 2021, 3:26 am

funeralxempire wrote:
No, it's just a BS issue the far-right invented for the culture wars.
I worked 3 Christmases at WalMart & was 1ce told that it's best to say Happy Holidays instead of Merry Christmas unless the customer says Christmas 1st. I've known some people who were not Christians & who didn't believe in Jesus like Jews & none of them had any problem with others celebrating Christmas nor saying Merry Christmas. They just did not want to be forced or expected to participate in the Christian aspects of it. However I've known a bit of Catholics & Christians in general who were very b!tchy about others not celebrating the Christian aspects of it. They have campaigns about keeping the Christ in Christmas because saying Happy Holidays will bring about the great apocalypse or something :roll: Some SJWs worry about others being offended by the term Christmas but I have never heard of anyone being personally bothered by others saying Merry Christmas even if they do not celebrate it themselves. Instead of worrying about what we think would bother other groups, we should ask them what really bothers them personally & it just may end all this controversy about Merry Christmas vs Happy Holidays.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2021, 8:04 pm

Just BS right wing culture calling it PC. I sadly fell for it at one time in my life and I truly thought people were taking away Christmas spirits to cater to the ones who find it offensive.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2021, 8:39 pm

If the person is wearing a cross, or carrying around shopping bags with Santas on it I say “Merry Christmas”. If I do not know them “Happy Holidays”

“Holidays” or “Holiday Season” denotes Thanksgiving, Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, and New Years Day

It’s a Christmas Tree, because it is specifically there to celebrate Christmas, not those other holidays. Saying “Holiday Tree” in order to not insult us non Christmas is a microagression because it implies we are snowflakes.

I am Jewish and if you say “Merry Christmas” to me it is not a microagression because you are wishing me good things, not bad things.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Sonic200
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Dec 2021, 8:51 pm

"happy holidays" as well as "season's greetings" were originally greetings to include all the holidays in the season (Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years Day) or a shorter way of saying "merry Christmas and happy New Year" not PC replacements for "merry Christmas".

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

25 Dec 2021, 6:40 am

There was an ep of South Park that touched on this. Kyle's mom got upset about him performing in the manger nativity scene in the school Christmas play because the family was Jewish. The town banned the nativity manger scene to accommodate em & someone else said that Frosty The Snowman had to be banned as well due to it being equally important for Christmas as the nativity. Frosty was banned & the town went overboard trying to be completely non offensive to everyone. Christmas lights were banned because some people might have epilepsy. Mistletoe was banned because some people did not like kissing. Most everything that had anything to do with Christmas got banned. When the class performed the Christmas play, it was an interpretive dance that everyone hated. Their teacher said it was because of getting Christmas banned & the people started arguing with each other for getting different things banned.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2021, 7:26 am

Its just awful how every cutting edge pop artist of today...has to be all woke, and PC, about it...like in this latest hit!
Bill O'Reilly oughta kick this young hipster's ass!