BUMP If You Are Currently Awake Due To Insomnia

Page 5 of 35 [ 557 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 35  Next

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2022, 5:25 am

Hi Jakki - Fancy meeting you here again!

Maybe we should tell knock knock jokes?

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2022, 5:37 am

I feel like hounding state services around midnight, but I won't. I'll probably get the same therapist if I do it too much (lol), and that'd be awkward. People from other stuff recognize me by voice on the phone as is and that makes me uncomfortable ('Hi Dill.' Sigh). At least I have some support available if I really need it though.

I'll probably go for a walk through the morning. Might go along the road, as I won't upset as many animals.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2022, 5:40 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Hi Jakki - Fancy meeting you here again!

Maybe we should tell knock knock jokes?

Hello hello Isabella fancy that , there you are too. Love the idea of the knock knock jokes..lololzzz :D

where ever you go ,there you are

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2022, 4:11 am

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2022, 4:15 am

Good Morning.

How I imagine Issabella, waking up in morning...

Me..waking up...

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2022, 12:19 am

Sleep cycle wrecked… comparatively this is early … but am off the rails for trying to successfully have a rest cycle.
And I have some pretty effective sleep stuff/ meds , I thought . No rest for the wicked,
I must be one hec of a brand of wicked.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2022, 12:24 am

^ ^

To be honest, yeah ... that's me ... but I only open the curtains on one window of my whole house. My cats have a climbing tower by that window and they like to look out. I have to put one hand over my eyes to do it, and most of the time it makes me so sick I feel vertigo for a few hours after. The rest of the house has blackouts. I move room to room (from west to east) throughout the day to avoid the sun's path.

February is the worst month of the year for piercing sunlight. Some people get road rage. I get sun rage.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2022, 12:29 am

Jakki wrote:
Sleep cycle wrecked… comparatively this is early … but am off the rails for trying to successfully have a rest cycle.
And I have some pretty effective sleep stuff/ meds , I thought . No rest for the wicked,
I must be one hec of a brand of wicked.

Do you have more of a problem falling asleep, or waking too soon?

Have you had a sleep analysis study?

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2022, 12:34 am

Had a sleep study a few years ago, , whatever their qualifications were it wasn’t good, because I think I slept about 20 minutes , but they put me down for a full nights sleep. Believe I was in a twilight state for several hours . Did not think that counted . Seems usually it is a issue with staying asleep . Big Long Sighes ..! :roll:

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2022, 12:45 am

That's the same for me. I thought I hadn't slept but they said I was in Stage 1 most of the night. Autistic people usually have delayed sleep onset and lighter sleep because we tend to be hyper-vigilant and our minds never stop. We also wake easily because of sensory issues. Add PTSD like you and I have, and we're screwed.

I'm glad they didn't find apnea in your study.

Are you able to reach REM sleep? That's usually about a 4 hour sleep. I tend to wake after my first set of dreams even if I can't remember what they were about. Apparently there's a deeper level of sleep after REM (Delta Wave) which is the restorative level. They were able to tell that my brain doesn't ever get to that level. I've never had restorative / healing sleep like most people. (Not sure how they know it's impossible for me, but apparently so).

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2022, 1:41 am

Currently hoping that I can stay asleep for more than an hour or two tonight, and that I don't get up in the morning wishing that I could just go back to bed. :|

HighLlama
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2022, 1:46 am

I have arrived.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2022, 1:52 am

Knock Knock ...

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2022, 1:57 am

Who's there?

Good Morning. It's still dark here tho..

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2022, 1:59 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
That's the same for me. I thought I hadn't slept but they said I was in Stage 1 most of the night. Autistic people usually have delayed sleep onset and lighter sleep because we tend to be hyper-vigilant and our minds never stop. We also wake easily because of sensory issues.

I often don't think that I'm asleep since I don't really go into deep sleep at all. I can kind of tell when I'm asleep now though, because my thoughts start to get really jumbled and if I wake up I'll wonder wtf I was even thinking about.

HighLlama
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2022, 2:04 am

HeroOfHyrule wrote:
my thoughts start to get really jumbled and [...] I'll wonder wtf I was even thinking.

I must have been sleeping through most of my relationships.