Page 53 of 60 [ 952 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56 ... 60  Next

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2023, 3:46 pm

When you see a video of a parent having fun with their kids and most of the comments judge and criticise that what they're doing is "dangerous" or "child abuse". :roll:
One time there was a video of a daddy bouncing a happy baby on his knee, and the people in the comments said things like "you're doing her damage!" Such idiots! Just enjoy the video, share the love, and stop nitpicking and being petty. What are people supposed to do with their children? Wrap them in cotton wool and not ever play with them or let them do anything?

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2023, 8:17 am

Pseudoscience, especially when it is presented in a sentence like this: “They say that…”

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

26 Jun 2023, 7:55 am

When politicians or activist groups share LOTs of the same ideals but instead of working together to support their shared goals, they are focused on fighting with each other because they disagree on just a couple major things :tired:

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Caz72
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2023, 2:09 pm

when people say anyone can stifle a burp.not everyone can all the time and even when i try hard to make a burp inaudible it still comes out with a sound

Recidivist
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2023, 3:29 pm

Caz72 wrote:
when people say anyone can stifle a burp.not everyone can all the time and even when i try hard to make a burp inaudible it still comes out with a sound

It's a bit like breaking wind, with practice you can choose when to be silent or violent.

Caz72
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2023, 3:32 pm

Recidivist wrote:
Caz72 wrote:

It's a bit like breaking wind, with practice you can choose when to be silent or violent.

i can control the other

Recidivist
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2023, 3:55 pm

Caz72 wrote:
Recidivist wrote:
Caz72 wrote:

i can control the other

That is unfortunate but usually creates great hilarity in certain company.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2023, 4:09 pm

If I had to pick, I’d much rather stifle a fart than a burp.

Recidivist
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2023, 4:54 pm

If I had to pick, it would depend on the company, but a stifled burp is more likely to give me pain (trapped wind) than a stifled fart

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2023, 6:49 pm

TwilightPrincess wrote:
If I had to pick, I’d much rather stifle a fart than a burp.
I've been having a lot of very smelly burps for a few months now due to increasing Ozempic. It got increased because I was having problems getting my prescription filled due to a shortage & apparently the shortage is worse with the lower doses. My burps are worse the 1st couple days after giving myself the injection. I also have very little appetite those days & other issues with indigestion. I've been doing some research & there's a pill form of Ozempic taken everyday that's the equivalent of a dose a bit lower than what I'm on & the pills might not be having a shortage. People need to take the pills when they 1st wake up & cant eat or drink anything for half an hour but I hate eating when I 1st wake anyway. I'm thinking the pills might work better for me having a lower more consistent dose in my system. My next scheduled doc appointment is in a couple months so I plan to continue as is with my injection till then.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2023, 6:58 pm

Joe90 wrote:
When you see a video of a parent having fun with their kids and most of the comments judge and criticise that what they're doing is "dangerous" or "child abuse". :roll:
One time there was a video of a daddy bouncing a happy baby on his knee, and the people in the comments said things like "you're doing her damage!" Such idiots! Just enjoy the video, share the love, and stop nitpicking and being petty. What are people supposed to do with their children? Wrap them in cotton wool and not ever play with them or let them do anything?
The nitpickers sound like the helicopter parenting that is sometimes blamed for causing autism :roll: Sometimes parents get blamed no mater what they do or not do with/for their kids.

KimD
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2023, 3:02 pm

Background info and disclaimer: I LOVE the variety of free workouts available online, especially as standard cardio like running and swimming laps is just dead boring for me. I am grateful to the talented instructors who put together some great stuff that has met my varying needs (injuries, rebounds, plateaus, highpoints) and has kept me motivated for literally decades.

My peeve: instructors—even the certified pros with high-quality productions--who post a music-backed workout without any regard for the rhythm or pace. I’m no dancer, but I sure know that 1, 2, 3, 4…5.5……7.75 does not sync up with rock/pop/mainstream workout tracks! I also can’t ignore the beat entirely the way some do—if it’s quick, MOVE YOUR ARSE! If it’s slow, save it for the cool-down.

If they can’t wrap their heads around such basics, I’d prefer it if they spare everyone the trouble and leave the music out entirely so people who know how to move in time can take it or leave it rather than raising their heart rates (and blood pressure) via the annoyance of wasted time.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2023, 5:06 am

When you post something gross and someone tells you off for posting that because they were eating. Well, sorry, your majesty!

(Predictably someone will now post a pet peeve about when people post something gross).

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2023, 12:39 pm

Spelling Police

Caz72
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2023, 8:13 pm

people who decide everything i do even once is a pet peeve of theirs and wont shut up about it

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2023, 10:29 pm

People who think I'm trolling them if I happen to post in the same thread.