Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2022, 8:57 pm

What kind of brush is better for your hair?

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2022, 4:09 am

I have a rigid plastic thing in the bathroom that I never really use, even when I'd go on my three year albino caveman stints. It works though. Wait, I use it when I cut my mother's hair, and it works quite well there when getting the correct length (I use my index and middle fingers or the comb for that depending on the situation).

I...wouldn't listen to me here at all when it comes to what's good for hair regarding combs/brushes though, as I have no idea there. I'm sure someone will come along with knowledge though.

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2022, 7:18 am

Detangling brush. Or, if you want a branded example, a Tangle Teaser. Essentially, a brush that looks like this:

No handle. Lots of bristles. Mine has a fully rounded back instead of flat, but it's the same idea - holding it directly in your hand instead of having a handle. I find that it works well on my hair (which is thick, wavy and fluffy in texture). However, what type of brush works best for your hair is dependent on the kind of hair you have, but personally I like detangling brushes for my hair.

FleaOfTheChill
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2022, 7:57 am

^ I agree, it does depend on what your hair is like.

I have two hair brushes and two combs. My hair is multi textured. I do have some fine hairs left which tend to lay flat, and grey wiry/unruly ones that go everywhere and curl. My hair, when it's short, it really only requires the combs. I have one fine tooth comb for hair placement and general maintenance, and the bigger tooth comb for detangling (though I don't get many tangles when my hair is short). If I'm growing it out, I prefer the plastic bristle brush for basic care, wide tooth comb for detangling, and the boar hair bristle brush for getting the grey to 'flatten out' when I don't want to look like I have an afro.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2022, 9:04 pm

Is any kind of brush ok? I have thick wavy & curly hair.