Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2022, 2:19 pm

That may sound ironic but it's true. Yes tiredness and lethargy can increase my anxiety during the day when I need to go to work and do other essential things but if I feel tired at night time and I know I'm going to get a good night's sleep, I actually feel happy. I love sleeping.

There are some signs that tell me my body needs sleep:-

1. Feeling colder than usual, even on a summer night.

2. Blinking slower than a normal blink should be (only by a nanosecond or so of course but it still notices to me).

3. Having a clearer mind; not having so many distracting thoughts or songs going round and round in my head.

Anyone else know what I mean? Do you feel the same?

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2022, 7:21 pm

Not to me. Though I get what you mean.

Usually in states of me from restless unable to stop and no traction inner states that seem so chaotic, no filterings and out of control situations -- to relax, restful and more stable with little to worry tomorrow.

The transition seem like regaining some control or balance. I don't have the right word -- homeostasis?

Getting out of the cacophonic state and too much stimuli -- is akin to being very hungry and eating is pleasurable.
Thus having too much energy, and then getting really tired by working hard -- so sleep at the end of all of that seems pleasurable.

Likely because of the baseline is to do with ADHD -- at least the first part.
The second part -- getting tired -- is very individual. Some gets more good stress than bad stress.
Third part of going to sleep in certainty -- that's what most working adults would agree.

Not in my case. My baseline fluctuates in ways I've yet to understand.
Even my own signs of needing sleep wildly varies.

I wouldn't know well if I need more or need less and even either or both don't always work out.
My body may want it out of the blue, but not my head and vice versa.

I seem to be prone to imbalanced to both hypo- and hyper-activities.
Either or both highs and lows, it won't do me well. Still don't do well whenever I'm energetic or not.

Therefore either my ideal baseline doesn't exists, or some other factor for me to be well regulated is outside the highs and lows dichotomy. :|

In order for me to sleep properly, it needed extra steps. Like not eating within 1-2 hours before bedtime, prevent whatever sinus issues, and my blood pressure.
Or else I'd be dealing with gut issues on bed all night or not breathing well or discomforted over gravity of lying on a bed regardless of my position.

Regardless, I also don't share the same sentiment. :| I wish my body and my head doesn't need sleep. Sleep barely gives me what I want.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

temp1234
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2022, 12:25 am

Yes, I do. Sleepiness = happiness. I thought all people felt that way.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2022, 5:11 am

Not sure if I get what you mean, or not.

But theyve been working us to death at my job. Eleven hour days, or ten hour days with two hour round trip carpool commutes. And one does get into a frame of mind that the most thrillling in the world is...being able to sleep eight hours straight before you have to get up. More thrilling than smoking crack!