Page 5 of 9 [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2022, 11:43 pm

I get why people wear masks. I was masking big time when I first joined WP. If I wasn't masking, I would have chosen a different username.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2022, 11:54 pm

i think i get why the caged bird sings.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2022, 1:04 pm

What is spectral source subtraction ? Filtering light ? :?:

where ever you go ,there you are

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2022, 1:06 pm

I get why some children believe monsters are real . And in the end having to wait till they are older to find out
That , they actually are real .

where ever you go ,there you are

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2022, 4:17 pm

I get accommodations to students who are on the 504 plan or IEP.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2022, 8:03 pm

Jakki wrote:
What is spectral source subtraction ? Filtering light ? :?:

that is the audio industry term for using spectral editing [editing spectral lines on a graphic visual screen like you do pictures on Photoshop] with the intent of removing undesired sounds [like coughs or sneezes or such], or rearranging sounds so that some are on the left channel and others are on the right channel, IOW making artificial stereo sound out of monophonic.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2022, 8:05 pm

i understand Washington Irving's warning, "It is a harsh lesson for a harsh world and you had best learn it quick! Evil wears many masks, none more dangerous than the mask of virtue."

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2022, 8:26 pm

auntblabby wrote:
i understand Washington Irving's warning, "It is a harsh lesson for a harsh world and you had best learn it quick! Evil wears many masks, none more dangerous than the mask of virtue."

I think that was more a Tim Burton quote. When Tim Burton directed Sleepy Hollow he took a very different approach to the story than the original book written by Washington Irving.

In Tim Burton's adaption the character Ichabob Crane was portrayed as less a superstitious coward and more a cynical detective determined to stop the murdereous Headless Horsemen and get to the bottom of the mystery.

He was also an open atheist (something that would have been very rare to admit in the 1700's) who lost his faith at a young age when his own mother was triad as a witch and put to a tortuous death by his own father, a minister whom he described as "A bible black tyrant hiding behind a mask of righteousness".

So he became a man of science and reason, yet when he comes to Sleepy Hollow he goes into a world of ghosts and witches that are real.

It's a very good movie and frankly I enjoyed it better than the book. :D

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2022, 8:38 pm

DeathFlowerKing wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

I think that was more a Tim Burton quote. When Tim Burton directed Sleepy Hollow he took a very different approach to the story than the original book written by Washington Irving. In Tim Burton's adaption the character Ichabob Crane was portrayed as less a superstitious coward and more a cynical detective determined to stop the murdereous Headless Horsemen and get to the bottom of the mystery. He was also an open atheist (something that would have been very rare to admit in the 1700's) who lost his faith at a young age when his own mother was triad as a witch and put to a tortuous death by his own father, a minister whom he described as "A bible black tyrant hiding behind a mask of righteousness". So he became a man of science and reason, yet when he comes to Sleepy Hollow he goes into a world of ghosts and witches that are real. It's a very good movie and frankly I enjoyed it better than the book. :D

can you tell me who the headless horseman turned out to be?

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2022, 8:44 pm

auntblabby wrote:
DeathFlowerKing wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

I think that was more a Tim Burton quote. When Tim Burton directed Sleepy Hollow he took a very different approach to the story than the original book written by Washington Irving. In Tim Burton's adaption the character Ichabob Crane was portrayed as less a superstitious coward and more a cynical detective determined to stop the murdereous Headless Horsemen and get to the bottom of the mystery. He was also an open atheist (something that would have been very rare to admit in the 1700's) who lost his faith at a young age when his own mother was triad as a witch and put to a tortuous death by his own father, a minister whom he described as "A bible black tyrant hiding behind a mask of righteousness". So he became a man of science and reason, yet when he comes to Sleepy Hollow he goes into a world of ghosts and witches that are real. It's a very good movie and frankly I enjoyed it better than the book. :D

can you tell me who the headless horseman turned out to be?

He was a real ghost being controlled by a witch. The ghost of a German mercenary who fought in the American Revolution and loved hacking heads off with his sword and then met his end in the same way he killed his victims. A witch (wont say who it was as it would spoil the story) found his grave and used his skull to summon his evil spirit to claim the heads of those who she set as targets in her revenge plot.

So Ichabod (Johnny Depp) sets out on a quest to find who controls the Horseman and stop them.

Last edited by DeathFlowerKing on 03 Nov 2022, 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2022, 8:45 pm

presumably he found the witch and beheaded her?

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2022, 8:48 pm

auntblabby wrote:

Well he doesnt kill her, he returns the stolen skull to the Horsemen who in turns kills the witch controlling him then drags her screaming to Hell.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2022, 10:17 pm

DeathFlowerKing wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Well he doesnt kill her, he returns the stolen skull to the Horsemen who in turns kills the witch controlling him then drags her screaming to Hell.

excellent ending, i hope he was kicking her keister all the way down there.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2022, 10:33 pm

auntblabby wrote:
DeathFlowerKing wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

excellent ending, i hope he was kicking her keister all the way down there.

It's a pretty dark and scary movie but I think you would enjoy it. This and Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street are two of my all time favorite Tim Burton movies. :skull:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2022, 11:16 pm

i will have to rent that one on netflix then.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2022, 12:14 am

I get why trans people get upset when they are misgendered. I get upset when I'm misgendered.