Page 9 of 9 [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2023, 7:40 am

i get why much audio [recording] engineering in the past and even present, is sub-par.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2023, 10:55 am

I get why some disabled people or people with neurological disorders are unable to work. Some people criticise those people and don't seem to realise that most disabled people face discrimination by employers anyway, and constantly looking for work can be stressful, and if they need to attend regular hospital appointments or have certain impairments that can affect how they perform in any workplace then I believe they qualify for disability. Also it's not my business to complain about or judge disabled people for not working. That applies to some autistic people who are unable to work or can't cope with work. You can't judge someone just because they can post on an online forum.

There's a woman I know who had a stroke that has disabled one half of her body and she requires a wheelchair. But some people talk about her, run her down and say that there is some sort of work out there she could do and that she doesn't have an excuse to be on disability benefits. But what they don't know is the full story. It's her personal, private business and she does have a disability, maybe it also affects her cognitive functioning enough to interfere with the demands of work life. You don't know. So people shouldn't judge disabled people just because they may "seem all right" when they talk to them.