Page 1 of 3 [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Are you okay with my presence on the WrongPlanet Forums?
Yes. 88%  88%  [ 21 ]
No. 8%  8%  [ 2 ]
Somewhat. 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 24

Noamx
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

24 Aug 2022, 11:16 pm

Well basically, this time I'd like to talk to you about a kinda embarassing subject, but its something I've been thinking about in the last few days and I must talk about it, because I'm also kinda confused to be honest.

Well basically, its about my presence on the WrongPlanet forums. It seems like although I believe I contribute alot, including creating many new threads which contribute alot to discussions and increase amount of discussions, there are still some people on the WrongPlanet forums who seem to be pissed off about me or about the way I choose to discuss some things, or the way I replied and so on, or the way I choosed to put something, with certain words. Lets just say first of all there might be a language issue, as I am from Israel and English isnt my main language. However, most of the time, this isnt the problem, because my English is more than excellent. It definitely cant be because of that. So the problem might be, with an attitude of some people on the WrongPlanet forums combined with my attitude. Its hard to find out exactly what it is, maybe intense disagreement about certain subjects lead to a bad situation. It could be something like that. Generally, I was hoping if you can please share what you think about me, and about the fact I create many threads on the forums, and the fact I choosed to discuss quite weird subjects in generally. Are you okay with that or would you like me to change the way I participate on the forums? I know its a weird question, but I have to ask, so I know how to be a better forum user, I think. Also, are you okay with the large amount of threads I create or do you want me to create less, or more, or what? Yeah, thats also something I wanted to ask about. Thanks.

About me, my name's Noam 32 years old from Israel, diagnosed with High functioning Autism at about age 21 but unofficially had this problem since I was born. From age 25 or so I started to function better but I still have alot of problems in my life. I live in Israel in a city called Ashdod, but I was born in Jerusalem. I'm Agnostic when it comes to religion.

Hobbies include Video Games, Music, Sports, Swimming, Watch TV, Sex/Getting laid, Alcohol, Writing, Reading, and more.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2022, 11:51 pm

I enjoy having you here on WP. I'm not pissed off at you. We all want to help you.

temp1234
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2022, 2:53 am

I want to see the examples of people possibly being "pissed off" at you. What did they say? I want to know what's led to you thinking some are pissed off at you. I haven't seen any offensive posts/threads by you. Probably, you are active where I'm not, and I don't see many of your posts/threads.

I don't think anyone would mind anyone else creating many threads. You can create as many threads as you like.

If you are too self-conscious on a forum like this, you can't say what you want to say. You should just disregard people that are against you, if any.

I speak my thoughts truthfully (apart from the lie thread) here. After all, this is an anonymous forum. People here don't matter in your real life. You aren't here to make friends, are you? Well, at least I'm not here to make friends.

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2022, 6:20 am

I think your presence here is good. I see you as someone who wants to learn about life, so you start those threads.
I saw a couple of people pissed at some comments you made. I suppose when someone doesn't like you in a forum they're going to make it obvious, but those who like you are not.
Even though a few people went crazy over those comments , I think its best not to focus on your detractors as they might be acting like that for their own reasons.

I guess if you're outspoken and a bit controversial you're going to get hate, sometimes discretion is the best option... but then if everyone minded their P's and Q's this would be a bland place.

delvian
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2022, 7:15 am

Some of the topics you've posted about can understandably be quite sensitive subjects for some people more than others, so you're probably just picking up on discomfort or frustration, rather then them actively disliking you. If you do piss someone of, there may be a good reason, and if so it would be good to try to understand it because we can all make mistakes and we can all try to do better. But it could also just be because of miscommunication or misunderstanding. Either way, I wouldn't worry too much. You seem to be genuinely curious about various topics and relatively open minded. I haven't seen you be rude or mean. We're all capable of unintentionally offending people or hurting their feelings or being ignorant in some way. If someone is pissed off at you, they could tell you, or you could ask them outright. But we can only do our best to understand, admit a mistake if one's been made, apologise and move on. Don't let it get you down or be too afraid to post.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2022, 8:06 am

I like your presence here because you create lots of different threads that are interesting and a lot of us can relate to. If it weren't for people like you, the forum would be so inactive, which it sometimes is. So we need more like you. :)

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2022, 8:09 am

You're okay. Nothing really that wrong with you. Just a regular Aspie sort of guy :)

There have been much, much worse people on here....trust me!

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

25 Aug 2022, 7:42 pm

I mostly stick to the L&D section these days & I don't read every post or thread there but I have NO problem with you from what I've read. Us autistics can have a hard time seeing & understanding other's prospectives & it's common for us to misunerstand others sometimes. We are autistic after all. More than a few of us(including myself) can be very argumenative & intolerant sometimes or at least come off that way. I don't think many of us have anything personal against you & if any do, I'd bet they have their own issues they're dealing with. You aren't responsible for their triggers & you can only have a real discussion or debate with people who are willing to hear you out & try to understand.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2022, 7:48 pm

I like the topics you post (or at least the ones that I've seen so far). They don't seem to be intentionally inflammatory or anything. The users on here who choose to get into fits over relatively benign things are more of a problem.

Noamx
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

25 Aug 2022, 11:37 pm

I'm glad to hear all of that! Thanks for all the nice replies mates.

I create alot of threads because there are special subjects which interest me, and other people on the forums here haven't started a thread about it, so I did it myself.

There were a few people who had replied in some of my threads, and they disagreed with something and they expressed their disagreement in a rude way, so I thought they are pissed off. But even if yes, after all the replies you wrote here now, I'm not worried about this anymore. I thought I need to care alot about how other people are feeling or thinking about me, but it seems like thats not a good idea.

If I dont reply to someone specifically its because I'm generally busy or just didnt feel like paying attention to something specifically, no offense. I write on the forums in my free time, and I dont have alot of free time.

Other than that, I'm surprised I'm the only one or one of the only ones from Israel who participate here. Have anyone have seen someone else from Israel on WrongPlanet?

Is Alex Plank okay? I know he created the site/forums but I havent ever seen him around. Does he really have Asperger Syndrome like I do?

About me, my name's Noam 32 years old from Israel, diagnosed with High functioning Autism at about age 21 but unofficially had this problem since I was born. From age 25 or so I started to function better but I still have alot of problems in my life. I live in Israel in a city called Ashdod, but I was born in Jerusalem. I'm Agnostic when it comes to religion.

Hobbies include Video Games, Music, Sports, Swimming, Watch TV, Sex/Getting laid, Alcohol, Writing, Reading, and more.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2022, 12:22 am

Actually...there was one Palestinian Arab guy. Havent seen him lately. But oddly enough I dont recall seeing any other Israelies on this site. Mr. Face of Boo is your neighbor to the north. He is a Lebanese Arab who has been a high profile participant on WP for a long time. Israel is a country you would think would be well represented because it has an advanced mental health system.... I assume. But for some reason I dont see many Israelies here. It is a small population country though.

The US is the biggest population on WP. The rest of the English speaking world (UK, Canada, Australia, NZ) are all also well represented. But a number of non English speaking countries are well represented. Finland has a lot folks here.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2022, 10:22 am

I find that your threads challenge me to talk about things that I've never talked about before, and I like that.

Noamx
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

26 Aug 2022, 11:59 am

naturalplastic wrote:
Actually...there was one Palestinian Arab guy. Havent seen him lately. But oddly enough I dont recall seeing any other Israelies on this site. Mr. Face of Boo is your neighbor to the north. He is a Lebanese Arab who has been a high profile participant on WP for a long time. Israel is a country you would think would be well represented because it has an advanced mental health system.... I assume. But for some reason I dont see many Israelies here. It is a small population country though.

The US is the biggest population on WP. The rest of the English speaking world (UK, Canada, Australia, NZ) are all also well represented. But a number of non English speaking countries are well represented. Finland has a lot folks here.

Being the only one from Israel here feels weird in some way. Well, maybe even a feeling of not belonging to a place / community. But I guess I'll get over that at some point. Yeah, I havent seen many, if at all, from a non english speaking country yet.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2022, 12:10 pm

Noamx wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

Being the only one from Israel here feels weird in some way. Well, maybe even a feeling of not belonging to a place / community. But I guess I'll get over that at some point. Yeah, I havent seen many, if at all, from a non english speaking country yet.

I feel weird in a way as well because I'm not like the other members. I feel like a soldier in a world of regular people and hippies when I'm on here. I won't ramble on, because this thread is about you.

temp1234
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2022, 12:59 pm

I think I've seen an Israeli man on WP. He doesn't post often but he's been a member for many years. I think he posts Autism event information once in a while.

Noamx
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

26 Aug 2022, 4:27 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
Noamx wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

I feel weird in a way as well because I'm not like the other members. I feel like a soldier in a world of regular people and hippies when I'm on here. I won't ramble on, because this thread is about you.

You have 106,000 + posts, thats a big achievement I think. Other than that I see nothing else special about you. But the intense activity you have around here, which shows by your large amount of posts, is amazing, so you enjoy writing alot on forums, if so? Unless the amount of posts is fake, but who knows actually.

Yes, the thread is about me, but I didnt create it to be arrogant or "show off" or something of that nature. Just to be sure I am not pissing anyone off around here. Based on the replies so far, the answer is no.