Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2019, 4:13 am

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2019, 5:00 am

Seems unlikely something was done that no one has been able to repeat in the last fifty years. And I think of how primitive things were back then as I type this on a commonplace phone which is a million times more advanced than anything NASA could have come up with even in the 90s let alone the 60s. Why not believe we were capable of manned missions to the moon back in the 30's?

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2019, 5:08 am

> "Did We Really Go To The Moon?"

Don't know about you, but I sure did. 8)

There Are Four Lights!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2019, 5:50 am

We’ve had this discussion many times before.

It would be ridiculously expensive and time-consuming to perpetuate this sort of “hoax.”

Yes, I believe we went to the Moon.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2019, 8:20 am

Meh I doubt Stanley Kubrick had any more difficulty with it than he did making 2001 A Space Odyssey.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2019, 8:25 am

I'm pretty sure the whole thing was faked on Mars, because they needed a Walmart to get all the supplies for the sets and there were of course no Walmarts on the moon. When the images were broadcast through the old B&W TVs it made it look like the moon.

There Are Four Lights!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2019, 8:27 am

In all seriousness.....don't you think the Soviet Russians would have expressed skepticism at the US's claim that they landed on the Moon?

We were in the "Space Race" with the Soviet Russians, after all

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2019, 8:34 am

The Soviet Response to the Moon Landing? Denial There Was a Moon Race at All

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.histor ... ing-denial

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2019, 8:38 am

Erewhon wrote:
Did we really go to the moon?
The following people have set foot on the Moon: Neil Armstrong, Buzz Aldrin, Alan Bean, Alan Shepard, Edgar Dean Mitchell, Dave Scott, Jim Irwin, John W. Young, Charles Moss Duke Jr., Eugene Cernan March, and Harrison Schmitt.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2019, 8:42 am

Even so, the Soviet Russians would have sought to debunk something that really made them look very bad in the world's eye.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2019, 8:43 am

When was the last time we built a large monument out of stone like the Egyptian Pyramids? Or those irrigation ditches on Kauai, Hawaii.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2019, 8:46 am

It should be noted that the Egyptian Pyramids were built WITHOUT THE WHEEL.

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2019, 8:48 am

I believe that armstrong landed on the moon, i even believe that he walked on the moon.
But i am not sure that armstrong landed and walked on the moon. There is a difference between believe in something and know something for sure. Armstrong himself can know for sure if he really went there. Its something like religion, you can believe in it, but knowing for sure is impossible in my view. Ofcourse people can say that they know for sure that Armstrong walked in the moon, i dont believe them.

Right now i wear a red shirt and black socks, you can believe that i wear a red shirt and black socks, but you can never know it for sure.

That i believe that Armstrong walked on the moon, dont answer the question of the topic title if he really walked on the moon.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2019, 8:51 am

I wasn't in the Lunar Module.....so I don't really "know."

This is the same argument people use when they say that they don't "know" that a tree was felled in Siberia---because they didn't actually see it happen, and didn't hear a sound from the felling.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2019, 8:54 am

Erewhon wrote:
I believe that armstrong landed on the moon, i even believe that he walked on the moon.
But i am not sure that armstrong landed and walked on the moon. There is a difference between believe in something and know something for sure. Armstrong himself can know for sure if he really went there. Its something like religion, you can believe in it, but knowing for sure is impossible in my view. Ofcourse people can say that they know for sure that Armstrong walked in the moon, i dont believe them.

Right now i wear a red shirt and black socks, you can believe that i wear a red shirt and black socks, but you can never know it for sure.

That i believe that Armstrong walked on the moon, dont answer the question of the topic title if he really walked on the moon.

There could be a little green following you around everywhere you go. He just disappears every time you turn to look at him.

And the fact that none of your friends, relatives, nor coworkers, ever points him out to you is because....they are ALL in on the conspiracy to keep you in the dark about that little green man! :D

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2019, 10:08 am

Really....the bottom line is that no one expressed skepticism at the veracity of the "claims" of the Moon landing back in 1969.

Not the Soviet Russians. Not the Red Chinese. If there was skepticism out there, it would have been inserted into their propaganda.