What's attractive about being someone with lots of money?

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

chris1989
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2023, 2:32 pm

I seem to find myself envying those people who are probably younger than me probably in their early/mid 20s and seemingly already are prosperous businessmen/women with lots of money when even though I feel it's the success I turn green to not the jobs they as I don't aspire to do a career like them. If this is the case then why do these thoughts keep popping up ? I have no idea at all if I were to start a business and don't know what I'd do.

I seem to think that people like for example, Andrew Tate keep pushing into young men's heads that the way to be a man and be successful is to try and look a bit like him with muscles, try and become a millionaire, and drive a nice fancy car as though it would suddenly attract a flood of young women. I don't understand why these misguided perceptions of how a man "should" be keep being absorbed into my brain.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2023, 11:51 pm

you can worship mammon [worldly power and goods], or you can worship god, but not both. you must choose a side. andrew tate chose his side and it isn't with god.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2023, 1:17 am

chris1989 wrote:
What's Attractive About Being Someone With Lots Of Money?
Never again having to beg and plead for food, a place to sleep, clothes to wear, or medical care.  Never again having to rely on the alleged 'kindness' of strangers.  Never again having to say, "Sorry, kids, but we cannot afford . . . "

And finally, being able to help out people in need who would otherwise have to deal drugs, engage in prostitution, or commit armed robbery.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2023, 1:46 am

Quote:
What's attractive about being someone with lots of money?

Being able to be a recluse and thereby avoid gang-stalkers.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2023, 1:50 am

Nothing.

I avoid people with lots of money.

SarahBea
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

10 Apr 2023, 3:27 am

If I had lots of money I could buy my own house and go on holiday whenever I wanted.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2023, 5:05 am

chris1989 wrote:
I seem to find myself envying those people who are probably younger than me probably in their early/mid 20s and seemingly already are prosperous businessmen/women with lots of money when even though I feel it's the success I turn green to not the jobs they as I don't aspire to do a career like them. If this is the case then why do these thoughts keep popping up ? I have no idea at all if I were to start a business and don't know what I'd do.

I seem to think that people like for example, Andrew Tate keep pushing into young men's heads that the way to be a man and be successful is to try and look a bit like him with muscles, try and become a millionaire, and drive a nice fancy car as though it would suddenly attract a flood of young women. I don't understand why these misguided perceptions of how a man "should" be keep being absorbed into my brain.

I think you have mistaken view of millionaires and thinking they are the type who live in huge mansions and have lambos and ferraris. I encourage to read the Millionaire Next Door. Millionaires are more likely to drive Fords and Hondas and Toyotas than a rolls royce.Theres not many young people in the multi-millionaire population. The typical millionaire is a small business owner or self-employed or someone who is been working in a career for decades not a movie star.I encourage you to start looking up index funds and dividend aristocrats and dividend kings if you want to be a millionaire someday.However if you ever want to have a shot at being super rich and being able to afford a lambo you need to start a company in a lucrative field and it will likely be decades till you have that lifestyle of Andrew Tate.9 out of 10 small businesses fail so working and investing for decades is your best shot at modest wealth.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2023, 8:41 pm

The lifestyle and things that money can afford. Pretty simple.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2023, 9:17 pm

A musical interlude, posted for your entertainment and amusement . . .

Lord, who made the lion and the lamb?
You decreed I should be what I am
Would it spoil some vast eternal plan
If I were a wealthy man?

:D

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2023, 10:29 pm

Paying ppl to beat up gang-stalkers...

colliegrace
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2023, 11:14 pm

Being able to eat at some restaurant and make the waiter/waitresses' day by giving them a $500 tip

Also diagnosed with: seasonal depression, anxiety, OCD