Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Maeko
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2023, 6:40 am

People who want yo raise your kids for you probably want your kids or dog. So it's tempting to just leave them there like bird eggs.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

29 Apr 2023, 11:21 am

Wording makes no sense to me :huh:

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2023, 11:23 am

..or they could die, get eaten by animals etc.

There are proper channels to give up both kids and pets via for someone else to raise. Adoption agencies, government agencies for temporary care of children via foster homes, hospitals that accept unwanted infants, SPCA for pets, advertisements on social media for re-homing pets (this is common when people have to move and can't keep pets.) etc etc.

Just leaving them out in public hoping nothing bad happens to them and someone who's a good person who Also wants to keep them is not a very good plan as it's quite unlikely that the stars align and they're found by someone who wants to keep them. Chances are they're found by someone concerned for their safety who thinks whoever left them was highly irresponsible and then that person has to contact authorities and agencies to do the work the original baby/puppy leaver ought to have done to give up their little one via proper channels.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2023, 11:37 am

Sadly no one wants to raise my kids or puppies for me.

You can't abandon bird eggs, they need to be kept warm. Babies and puppies have far higher chances of survival if abandoned. :nerdy:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2023, 10:43 am

Maeko wrote:
People who want yo raise your kids for you probably want your kids or dog. So it's tempting to just leave them there like bird eggs.

I can see you've put a lot of thought into this