Post something that made you feel weird today

Page 2 of 4 [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2023, 12:29 pm

I was in a busy shop and people were actually "darting" around like it was a hockey game or something. You know when you kind of crouch down and weave between people like the shop's on fire or you're in an NHL game? It was kind of like that, except everyone but me was on speed.

racheypie666
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2023, 3:13 pm

I went for afternoon tea at a nice hotel which was a gift from my grandad (adorable).

I don't like eating in public, or being around people eating, or eating most of the things involved in an afternoon tea, though obviously my grandad doesn't know that and it was the sweetest gift, mum was really excited about it.

The lady gave me a pot of green tea instead of peppermint tea so now I have a buzz on lol because I'm awful with caffeine. I drank it because I didn't want to cause a fuss. I ate two little sandwiches about 3x3x10cm, the second one had the grossest texture (grated cheese and tomato chutney, it was just so squishy and cold) but I ate it anyway. And I had a macaroon which was really nice. It was so loud in there with all the echoing and cutlery. I've felt super sick all afternoon but I know that's just caused by my brain. I feel like a real b***h for not being able to enjoy it and eat the food properly and be non-weird.

We went to see grandad afterwards and say thank you and I told him I loved it, he seemed really happy. I'm pretty sure mum had a nice time and she definitely enjoyed the tea, but I know it would have been nicer for her if I could have been more normal and just enjoyed everything. I feel like such a b***h and I feel sick, I just want to cry. Now I've been in my room for 4 hours and I have to leave to get my things ready for work tomorrow but I don't want to talk to anybody. I feel like such a f*****g b***h even though I tried so hard. I probably will cry once I lie down to sleep.

It was very predictable that doing something so far out of my comfort zone would make me feel weird, but still, it did.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2023, 3:22 pm

I relate to this so much, I just want to cry for you. ^

Find darkness in your cave and breathe, O Brave One. :(

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2023, 3:25 pm

((Rachey))

Recidivist
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2023, 3:33 pm

racheypie666 wrote:
It was very predictable that doing something so far out of my comfort zone would make me feel weird, but still, it did.

You did it for love imo and that's the best reason for doing something even if it f***s you up.

racheypie666
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2023, 4:39 pm

Recidivist wrote:
racheypie666 wrote:

You did it for love imo and that's the best reason for doing something even if it f***s you up.

On the subject of which, I love you guys :heart:

Thank you for making me feel better; I think being understood is the best salve. I'm in my cave with the LEDs turned to red, and I have a real peppermint tea. Can't sleep because of the caffeine but it will wear off eventually.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2023, 4:44 pm

Try counting sheep. ^Image

I was never able to do it myself because ADHD but it's worth a try.

racheypie666
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2023, 4:49 pm

^ That will probably work tbf

When I don't want to get up in the morning, I'll let myself I'll count to 100 with my eyes closed so I have 100 extra seconds in bed.

9 times out of 10 I fall asleep before I get to 100 and sleep in lol.

Good night x

Recidivist
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2023, 5:42 pm

racheypie666 wrote:
Recidivist wrote:
racheypie666 wrote:

On the subject of which, I love you guys :heart:

Thank you for making me feel better; I think being understood is the best salve. I'm in my cave with the LEDs turned to red, and I have a real peppermint tea. Can't sleep because of the caffeine but it will wear off eventually.

I think I can safely speak for the others, when I say we love you too :heart:

Nos da cariad. Count Welsh sheep they are far sexier :twisted:

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2023, 6:28 pm

OK you said it first. ^ :heart:

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2023, 7:22 pm

I can’t stand the sound of cutlery on plates , clinking glass and the background murmuring in restaurants.
Why can’t there be cosy , quiet ,dimly lit booths for us?

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2023, 1:05 pm

My cat sitting about 2 inches from my face and staring at me at 4 in the morning

Readydaer
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2023, 1:13 pm

watched an Annabel Lee short film. 2 too many straight people in it, for me at least.

FleaOfTheChill
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2023, 12:36 pm

I mowed my front yard today. I haven't done that in a week or so. I had to go in my garage to get my lawnmower. While in the garage, I noticed that the passenger side door in my car was slightly open, so I looked inside. Now, for refence here, my car does not work. It will start, but it makes this awful noise and something has gone horribly wrong with the engine. I haven't driven it since last fall. But it would start up. So I look in my car and someone has gone through everything in there. Stuff is yanked out of my glove box, the center console, the little pocket on my driver's side door... and all over the front driver's side seat. I also notice the driver's side door is slightly open and both front seats have been pulled up as far to the front as possible. I had nothing of value to steal in there, but I do have a few dollars in change that is still there. I had a little notebook in the side pocket of my driver's side door that had a bunch of stuff written in it like directions to places to go check out while camping, and I also have some gear in my trunk (like my tent and this table and chair. None of that was taken. But the notebook was in the backseat along with a canister of peanuts I had in the console that someone seems to have been snacking on back there while rummaging through my notebook and ripping out random pages. It's bizarre. It's like someone was looking for a place to crash for the night and made themself at home in my useless car. I'm a little weirded out by this. I think I'd be less disturbed by it if they had taken stuff. Less creepy, I suppose. My car wouldn't start either. They could have at least fully shut the doors when they left and not let the battery drain. Oh well, not like the damn thing is usable anyway. *shrugs*

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2023, 3:01 pm

^ someone i know found their car like that (doors open, rummaged)
This person had their laptop and other valuable items in the car.
All that was taken was...a cloth, grocery shopping bag.
It is indeed weird.

Recidivist
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2023, 3:11 pm

^ Someone I know used to leave their car doors unlocked, so people didn't damage them breaking into the car. They would often get into their car in the morning and see nothing had changed except a few cigarette butts in the ashtray (they were a non-smoker).