Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2024, 3:29 am

https://edmontonjournal.com/news/crime/ ... -mdma-meth

The guy mentioned in the article, Stephen.

A mutual friend told me about this tonight. Apparently it happened November 24th 2023.

The story I was told, and believe to be true, is that he didn’t know those things were in the car until they were half way there. What he was told is they were delivering the Vehicle, nothing more. The guy he was with was a coworker from a restaurant.

I do believe he was duped and is now in tons of trouble. There is the possibility he gets off, who knows ? But this was not in his life plan I know that much. He would have never agreed to it.

Posting in large part as a bit of a warning to people here who can be too trusting and taken advantage of.. if you’re ever asked to help deliver a vehicle, make sure you Know who for and why and what is and is not in it. Organized criminals do stuff like this all the time to unsuspecting people and people on the spectrum could be easy targets.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2024, 5:57 am

When you live near either side of ...either US border...NEVER trust the guy who says "you're just delivering a vehicle".

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2024, 6:42 am

Simply having this stuff in one's possession, by itself, shouldn't be a felony.

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2024, 8:37 am

MaxE wrote:
Simply having this stuff in one's possession, by itself, shouldn't be a felony.
I don't know about Canada, but in the US just having a larger amount of drugs than one would consume oneself assumes "intent to distribute" and is therefore a felony. But if Goldfish's friend is able to prove that it was not his and he didn't even know it was there he might be able to get off.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2024, 8:39 am

I hope that things work out for your friend in the end.

ocean
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2024, 3:52 pm

damn...poor guy

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2024, 4:18 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
When you live near either side of ...either US border...NEVER trust the guy who says "you're just delivering a vehicle".

Well that’s the thing, the guy who needed it delivered was the other person arrested. He was there too. Apparently my friend thought he was just helping him by being copilot/sharing driving duties.

Vehicles get sold and transported all the time. So it’s not That Weird to need to get a vehicle from Vancouver to Edmonton.