Which imagined world would you like to live in?

Page 1 of 12 [ 190 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2008, 12:40 pm

In which world from a movie/novel/comic book would you like to live if you could? Recently I used to be fixated on several different worlds (so different from each other like Rice's "Vampire chronicles", the X-men, Sandman comics and Asimov's Solaria can differ) but now I think that if I were to make a choice, it would be Diaspar from Clarke's novel. For those who haven't read: its inhabitants lived in a highly advanced world consisting of only one but also very developed city providing Diasparians with everything they needed, including possibility of exploring imaginary sagas they could immerse in so we could say this way we would get access to every world we would dream of, living there.

Last edited by Irulan on 22 Mar 2008, 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2008, 12:43 pm

I would have chosen Imaginationland from South Park.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2008, 1:04 pm

OMG, there's a lot of creative worlds I want to be in.
I'd luv to live in the 1920's and be a cabaret singer with all that jazz. I think I've posted this before.

markaudette
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2008, 3:52 pm

I would love to be a tourist within David Ficher's interpretation of Chuck Palanhiuk's "Fight Club."

His vision of that dystopian universe was perfectly translated from the book.

LostInEmulation
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2008, 5:00 pm

I'd love to live in the world of the story Glasshouse by Charles Stross. Or in the Ning Nang Nong.

Penguins cannot fly because what cannot fly cannot crash!

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2008, 5:04 pm

I'd like to live in a Star Wars world.

Sora
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2008, 5:14 pm

Harry Potter!

I'd love being a witch and learning all those awesome things they teach at Hogwarts. So much better than any Muggle curriculum!

Kita
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 Mar 2008, 6:01 pm

I would live in Daria's world.

spudnik
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2008, 6:29 pm

Irulan wrote:
In what world from a movie/novel/comic book would you like to live if you could? Recently I used to be fixated on several different worlds (so different from each other like Rice's "Vampire chronicles", the X-men, Sandman comics and Asimov's Solaria can differ) but now I think that if I were to make a choice, it would be Diaspar from Clarke's novel. For those who haven't read: its inhabitants lived in a highly advanced world consisting of only one but also very developed city providing Diasparians with everything they needed, including possibility of exploring imaginary sagas they could immerse in so we could say this way we would get access to every world we would dream of, living there.

I would have thought you have picked Dune since your choice of name Irulan. I like the choice of Diaspar from City and the Stars, I just finished reading that book a few days back, I don't how many times I have read it.

My choice for a world would be Ringworld from Larry Nivens book

Rainstorm5
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2008, 7:24 pm

I would live in a world of my own creation, but if I could pick one created by someone else, I'd choose Tad Williams' 'Otherland.' There, you could be whatever you wanted, and if you got tired of how you looked, you could be something else.

wisteria
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

21 Mar 2008, 7:32 pm

An underwater world with mermaids... Hans Christian Anderson's "Little Mermaid," not the disney one.

MrSinister
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2008, 9:57 pm

I'd like to live in a world where one of four things was commonplace:

1) Zombies
2) Ninjas
3) Giant Robots
4) All of the above :D

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2008, 9:58 pm

My own imaginary world.

Mist
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

22 Mar 2008, 3:41 am

Well, my first choice would be my own mind, where I have created my own universe, but I don't think that counts.

Any imaginary world? Oh man, that's tough. I'm going to assume that I would still be an average, every day person, so I'll be practical. Though, there are still a few I'd pick.

One would be the Pokémon world. I could still live life as I normally do, but I could have a Pokémon companion or two. It'd be fun having Pokémon for companionship, especially because I'm by myself a lot. I'd probably choose an Eevee or a Tediursa.

Also, I would LOVE to live in the world of Megaman NT Warrior/Rockman.EXE. It'd be really neat to have a net navi friend to talk to while I'm on the computer, help me with my homework, etc. Not to mention Net Battling. I think it would be lots of fun.

I think it would also be fun to live in the Kingdom Hearts universe, Hollow Bastien and Twilight Town specifically.

There are actually a LOT of other worlds/universes I would love to live in, but not as a regular person. For example, Krynn(Dragonlance), Gaia(Final Fantasy VII), the Naruto world, and many others. But as an average person, these worlds wouldn't be all that exciting.

-Mist

AndersTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2008, 7:16 am

I would ofcourse prefer to live in the world I have been making over the last 17+ years, but if I have to chose from a book...

Torin (The D&D universe where Neverwinter, Baldur's Gate and Waterdeep lies)

Or maybe the world Dystopia (From the danish novel by the same name)

The world from Eragon wouldn't be so bad either, but so few people know magic there, it doesn't seem quite fair.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2008, 7:27 am

spudnik wrote:
I would have thought you have picked Dune since your choice of name Irulan.

To tell the truth, I didn't like "Dune" series except for "God Emperor of Dune". "Dune" belongs to those few books I borrowed from library and gave back later almost not reading it.