Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

angelsonthemoon
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

Yesterday, 9:11 pm

I mainly use ChatGPT but it's fine to use other things too.

angelsonthemoon

Yesterday, 9:15 pm

My prompt : write a seinfeld style comedy opener as seen in the seinfeld tv based around the theme of autism

Response:

(Setting: Jerry Seinfeld is on stage at a comedy club, delivering his stand-up routine.)

Jerry: So, what's the deal with autism? I mean, people talk about it like it's this big, mysterious thing. "He's on the spectrum." "She's on the spectrum." You know what? We're all on a spectrum! Some of us are just further along in our obsession with breakfast cereal.

(Laughter)

Jerry: Seriously, you ever notice how people with autism can have these amazing, super-focused interests? Like, they can tell you everything about trains, or dinosaurs, or... I don't know, 18th-century European coinage. Meanwhile, I'm over here struggling to remember where I parked my car!

(More laughter)

Jerry: And then there's the whole sensory thing. Bright lights, loud noises, overwhelming crowds. It's like a rock concert every time they walk into a grocery store. I'm just trying to pick out a cantaloupe, and they're out there living in an IMAX movie.

(Audience chuckles)

Jerry: But you know what I love? The honesty. People with autism, they don’t sugarcoat it. They tell it like it is. You ask, "How do I look in this shirt?" And they say, "Like you slept in it." No fluff, no nonsense. It's refreshing! Meanwhile, your neurotypical friends are like, "Oh, it's... different." Yeah, different bad!

(Laughter and applause)

Jerry: And let's not forget routines. Oh, they love their routines. They find comfort in them. I'm the same way with my cereal in the morning. If my box of Cheerios isn’t there, my whole day’s off. But for them, it’s like, "Nope, if the left sock goes on first, the world might implode."

(More laughter)

Jerry: But really, the best part? They see the world in a way that we just can't. Details, patterns, connections. It's like having a superpower. They’re the real superheroes, folks. We're just the sidekicks trying to keep up.

(Cheers and applause)

Jerry: So, the next time you meet someone with autism, just remember: They might be on a different part of the spectrum, but we're all on it together. And who knows, they might just teach you something amazing about dinosaurs... or coinage.

(Closing laughter and applause)

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

Today, 8:03 am

Hmmmm...

That isnt too bad actually.

As humor, and as a replication of Sienfeld's particular style of humor, its not far off the mark.

As an exposition on autism...its flawed (an autistic who monologues about Shakespeare, or about Looney Tunes Cartoons, is ALSO likely to forget where they "parked their car" if they can drive in the first place...precisely because they spend all of their time thinking about Shakespeare, or about Looney Tunes). But even so...that IA has a better grasp of autism than do most of the flesh and blood humans Ive conversed with.

angelsonthemoon

Today, 9:44 am

I agree. It's impossible to capture such a varied group perfectly but I thought it was decently funny. I also like that it mentioned both the good and the bad. It didn't just paint a rosy picture, where autism is all good, so it felt more genuine.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

Today, 11:34 am

I thought it was quite good especially for a robot. And observational comedy doesn't have to (and probably shouldn't try to) capture the real situation perfectly. It's not a science. I seem to remember a time when they said a computer program can't have a sense of humour or artistic expression of any kind.

angelsonthemoon

Today, 11:48 am

That's a good point. Comedy should be a bit loose.

Apparently, the real Jerry Seinfeld thinks he could be on the spectrum. So I tried another prompt related to this theme.

prompt: write an episode of seinfeld where jerry realizes he may be autistic and his friends share their thoughts

Response:

Act 1: The Realization
Scene: Jerry’s Apartment

Jerry: (sitting at the kitchen table, reading a book on autism) Hey, did you know a lot of adults are getting diagnosed with autism now?

George: (sitting on the couch) Autism? Isn't that...?

Jerry: Yeah, it’s a spectrum. It says here that some people just have social quirks, intense interests, or routines. (pauses) You know, like me.

Elaine: (entering the apartment) Like you? What are you talking about?

Jerry: Well, I’ve been reading this book, and I think I might be autistic.

Kramer: (bursting through the door) Jerry! You can’t just diagnose yourself! That’s like... diagnosing yourself with being Kramer!

George: (smirking) Jerry, you? Autistic? No way. You’re just... particular.

Jerry: No, really. Listen to this. (reads from the book) “Difficulty understanding social cues, intense focus on certain topics, preference for routines.” I mean, come on!

Elaine: (thinking) Well, you do have that thing with cereal. And you did spend a whole week learning about those obscure cereal mascots.

Kramer: So what if you’re on the spectrum, Jerry? That just means you’re a unique guy!

Act 2: The Reactions
Scene: Monk’s Cafe

Elaine: So, I’ve been thinking. If Jerry’s autistic, does that change anything?

George: (sipping coffee) He’s still Jerry. But maybe it explains why he’s so... Jerry.

Elaine: Yeah, but should we be treating him differently?

Kramer: Nah, Jerry wouldn’t want that. He just wants to know why he’s different. (pauses) Maybe we should take a test too! See what our quirks are!

Elaine: (laughs) Kramer, we already know your quirks. They’re called “Kramer.”

Jerry: (joining the table) So, I went to a therapist. She said I have traits that are consistent with high-functioning autism.

George: So it’s official?

Jerry: (shrugs) Kind of. She said it’s not about labels but understanding yourself.

Elaine: Well, Jerry, we love you just the way you are. Spectrum or no spectrum.

Kramer: (grinning) Yeah, you’re our favorite comedian on the spectrum!

Act 3: The Acceptance
Scene: Comedy Club

Jerry: (on stage, doing stand-up) So I found out I might be on the autism spectrum. My friends were like, “Does that mean you’re different now?” And I said, “No, it just means I finally have an excuse for not understanding why people like small talk.”

(Audience laughs)

Jerry: (continuing) Seriously, though. It’s like living in a world where everyone else has this secret social manual, and I’m over here like, “Can I get the cliff notes?”

(Audience laughs)

Scene: Jerry’s Apartment

George: (watching TV) So, Jerry, now that you’re diagnosed, any big changes?

Jerry: (smiling) Not really. Just... understanding myself better.

Elaine: (hugging Jerry) We’re proud of you, Jerry.

Kramer: (handing Jerry a box) Here, I got you something.

Jerry: (opening the box) Cereal? What’s this for?

Kramer: (grinning) For the king of cereal, whether he’s on the spectrum or not.

(Everyone laughs)

Jerry: (voice-over) Sometimes, understanding yourself is the biggest punchline of all.

(End of episode)