Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

08 Sep 2007, 12:32 pm

alright does anyone like boxes a little too much? i like boxes that barsoap comes in, and sometimes in the mail AOL sends jewel boxes. one almost looked like a cigar box and i just about died it was so cool. box facination anyone? Image

LadyMacbeth
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In the girls toilets at Hogwarts, washing the blood off my hands.

08 Sep 2007, 12:39 pm

I read every food box. Everything on it.. even the best before stamp. I like flattening food boxes, or making them back into a net (opening it up).

I have accumulated a load of trinket boxes from random birthdays and christmases. And I have a tendency to buy things because they're in a pretty box.

I like boxes.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

08 Sep 2007, 12:40 pm

puzzle boxes are also very cool! my sister got one from costa rica when she went there thats a monkey.

woodsman25
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

08 Sep 2007, 3:06 pm

I used to love refrigorator boxes or boxes where something large was inside of it, and I would cut wholes out for wondows and make a fort, i wonder if that counts.

If you like boxes, u should get a job where I work, everyday our warehouse accepts between 40,000 boxes-150,000 boxes and often we receive all of this in less then 8 hours so I must work fast to load/unload these trucks and pallatize all of this. I drive a forklift and so I usually am at the fore front of this opperation on 1 dock, but their are other docks and 30 of us handel all of the workload every night, and thats just the inital first step, their is well over 100 employees just during the night shift and many many more during the day shift, we have many boxes, and the frieght in this warehouse is worth hundreds of millions of dollars, security is tight!

Last year we wasted 1.1 million dollars worth of friehgt, food, drinks, everything you find in stores, enough boxes to fill a house, we just threw out, eather because they were out of date, or a little wet or 'damaged.' I think you would love working where I work.

nobodyzdream
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2007, 3:25 pm

I like boxes of odd shapes or boxes from other places. I tend to stockpile boxes in my basement, but I don't think it is because of any fascination. I think those are just there because I am too lazy to break them down, or every time I start to, I think they could be used for something else.

I'm my own guinea pig.

MerryBerry
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Sep 2007, 4:13 pm

I used to have a thing about boxes and collected quite a few, and painted some of them, made them into jewellery boxes and stuff. I like boxes which fit inside each other. My friend bought me a set of Japanese laquered boxes one Christmas, 8 of them which all fit inside each other. I had a clear-out and had to throw a lot of the boxes away, just didn't have the storage space, but I kept the Japanese ones.

Beenthere
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2007, 7:20 pm

Yep...and my son has inherited the trait, he has a large box in his room now from a gas weed trimmer I ordered online...no way am I touching it. :lol:

I remember collecting candy boxes, soap boxes...now it's mostly wooden boxes or trinket boxes I find at sales.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2007, 7:56 pm

I like cardboard boxes very much, especially big ones.

Slink
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Sep 2007, 8:31 pm

I love boxes. I just bought a pretty lavender box with flower prints, about the size of a small shoebox, today. It's a photo filer but I need it for scrap paper. Like my mom, I collect tin boxes. Commemorating everything from Elvis to NASA to Hershey's chocolate.

alexbeetle
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2007, 12:03 pm

i love boxes too and collect them randomly

It might look like I'm doing nothing, but at the cellular level I'm really quite busy.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

10 Sep 2007, 12:31 pm

girls have boxes between there legs uhuhuhuhuhuh uhuhuh uhuhuhuh uhuhuhuh uhuhuh

Last edited by richardbenson on 10 Sep 2007, 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dunwich
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Sep 2007, 1:07 pm

I used to emulate Calvin by pretending boxes were time machines or spaceships.

My dogs and cats play in and with boxes too, so it's a good way to interact with them. My cat has a small one she lays in during the summer instead of her bed. She's just fat enough that her body fills it out completely, conforming to its shape, so she looks like a furry Hydrox meatloaf with just her head sticking out over the edge to remind you it's a cat. I laughed my ass off the first few times she did this because it looked like she was doing a perfect impression of Garfield.

and that is beautiful.

-TMBG

dawndeleon
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2007, 3:01 pm

not only do we love boxes in our houses, but we hardly ever throw them away. I always think tthat i could put something in it. I have a cardboard box in my kitchen that i refuse to throw away, because the cats like to sit in it. I also have a fondness for the waxed cardboard boxes that tomatoes come in. They are just so sturdy and even have their own lids; So functional. Our restaurant gets tomatoes in almost every day, and almost every day there is a new crop of them just waiting to be taken home. ahhhh, you just have to admire the utility of a sturdy box.

wsmac
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2007, 3:54 pm

I tend to keep boxes of odd sizes and shapes 'just in case' I ever need them.
I used to carefully break-down boxes I wanted to keep so they would pack easier and stay in better shape.

I also collect the boxes certain items come in because I may want to box that item back up, or because I figure someday the box and/or it's original contents could be a collector's item.
I've saved several boxes from toys and books my daughter got when she was younger. I keep thinking she'll appreciate the nostalgic aspect of having them.

We have a lot of boxes at work too. I actually like working with boxes, as in emptying them and breaking them down.
I like to see if I can punch through the tape that holds the bottom closed... sometimes I'm Popeye, sometimes I'm Wimpy :P

When I was a kid, we lived for many years in a town with a military base.
We seemed to always have these military families moving in-and-out.
This meant one thing for me BOXES.... BIG ONES!... oh, and the possibility of a new nice friend.

This was in West Texas, so we could tape all the wardrobe and refrigerator boxes together to make tunnels and towers.
There was very little rain in the summer, so these 'forts' would stay together for a good while... or until the hosting parents got tired of them.

You've got me wishing I had some boxes to tape together now. :(
The nicest part of having the 'forts' was how close-in and dark they were. My own little cocoon. :wink:

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

10 Sep 2007, 4:09 pm

When I was a toddler I used to crawl into big boxes all of the time. My mother said that sometimes I would fall asleep inside of a box and stay there for the whole night lol.

I don't really have a box fascination now, but do have lots of boxes around home that have my things in them...kind of just like spare storage.