List the times you were the center of attention...

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2007, 12:55 pm

...in front of a large audience!

For me, these are the ones I can remember...

Kindergarten: singing on the stage for an audience with the class... I was too embarrassed to actually sing though...

Grade 1: I forget what we did, but we did something for the Christmas concert, and maybe the end of the year concert too.

Grade 2: For the Christmas concert my class all held wrapped boxes and recited this poem called "Present". We also did this "A is for this Christmas thing, B is for that Christmas thing", etc poem.. mine was K... "K is for the kitten curled up warmly by the fire" or soemthing... I think hat year, or in grade 3, we also sang Frosty The Snowman.

Grade 3: We recited this funny rhyme, again for the Christmas concert.

Grade 4: I was in my class's rhyming poem-like Christmas play as a woman who was greedy woman who didn't want to share cookies with people who were coming over.

Grade 3 or 4: twice one day, after this play older students put on, my class and another class that was a year below us, sang this song that was supposed to sink in the moral message of the play.

Grade 5: we did this puppet show for Social Studies. I was the narrator and had a one-line part as a bus driver... it was stories some of us wrote.

Grade 6: we played the ukelaile during our elementary school graduation ceremony. Well, we tried to or pretended to anyway, while the other 2 classes did it for real! We wee the slacker English class, lol. We sang and played several songs... "Learn Everything", the graduationsong by Vitamin C, and something else or two other things.

When I was 10 I was in this Pegasus Performing Arts or Pegasus Theatre thing, where we had "animal weel", "mystery week", etc. I never got to perform in the play at the end of Mystery Week because I had to go to my grandmother's funeral, but in Animal Week I performed my part... I was a polar bear, we wore masks we made out of plaster and paint, I had a convincing polar bear mask and brought my two stuffed polar bears and pretended they were my cubs!

In grade 7 I did an audition for the play, in which we just did any script... mine wasn't even videotaped for some reason! I was the Red Queen in a part of Alice and Wonderland where she's talking to Alice or someone; I think Alice... that was the script I had.

I had to do French oral presentations in French class in grades 7, 8, 9, 10, and 11.

I had to do English oral presentations in grae 5, perhaps grade 4, grades 7, 8, maybe 9, maybe 10, 11, and 12.

In grades 3 and 4 we had to do presentations on animals; in grade 3 I did mine on ostriches and in grade 4 I did mine on polar bears.

In grade 7 geography class I had to do a project on a country; I chose Russia.

At sailing camp we sailed for parents' day while they all watched. The year I was 13 I got stuck in the weeds; both times when I was 14 I sailed beautifully and the two times I was 15 I was good enough, though once I fell out and was being dragged along holding onto the towline for a while. Too bad my dad missed that one!

In grade 1 show and tell I showed and tiold the class about an article where robbers stole candy from a store... "Bubble gum bandits hit Pointe-Claire store."

In grade 3 there was the choir concert...

In grade 8 there was he music concert where I pretended to play the clarinet, but really I could only play like 6 or 8 notes!

In grade 8, 9 and 11 I had to do drama skits for the class in groups or monologues...

In grade 8 I had to do a computer science presentation; I did mine on pranks and bullying.

In Sunday school at age 11 me and the other children went up and sat before the priest a few tiems when he called us up; I talked to him in front of the congregation once or twice.

At my confirmation when I was 12 we were called up one by one to be confirmed; dunno if that counts.

When I was 7 twice during my time at Kamp Kanawana we had "Cabaret", where each tent would perform something... once we did a fake wedding and once we did the story of the yellow ribbon, where it's a mystery why this woman wears a yellow ribbon around her neck, and either her or her husband one day pulls it off when he asks why she wears the ribbon,a dn plop-- her head comes off.

At Camp Amy Molson when I was 8 each group of cabins took their turns performing for "evening program", for the whole camp... once we did this dance routine to "Shout", the second session we did this "red light-- green light" thing where we acted out a car accident and froze on some scenes, we also did this "Is it time yet?" thing where we were all sitting in a row asking up the line "Is it time yet?" We also did this thing where we each pretended to spit water into the ear of the person next in line and the person at the end spat out a mouthful of water they'd been holding in their mouth the whole time... it was funny but lame in retrospect.

In brownies we did this skit at this camp we went to; my group's skit was from The Three Bears and I was the mother of Goldilocks; I shouted "Cindy; it's breakfast!" and Cindy, aka Goldilocks, would come down from a bunk bed and join us for breakfast, and I think I had other parts as the mother too...

At Sunday School when I was 5 (it might have been when I was 3 or 4 but I think I was 5) I was a sheep in this play; I think it was the Nativity play... I just held up this fake sheep thing...

Oh yeah; and at Camp Amy Molson when I was 8 once the senior girls, myself included, did this dance routine for the rest of the camp to the song Saturday Night... also when I was 7 at that camp, the year before, we girls from the two attached cabins I was in, performed this thing where half of us pretended to be boys (dressed up as them and had mustaches drawn on their faces) and we got into two lines and did this dance-ish routine to the song where the main line was "No you're never gonna get it", and the "girls" would wag their fingers at the "boys"...

Triangular_Trees
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2007, 1:04 pm

The most memorable time was when I graduated college and the crowd of thousands gave me a standing ovation for having a 4.0 (an ovation that lasted nearly a minute after I sat back down on the presidents signal)

batista90
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2007, 1:17 pm

most off atension comes to my parents :P :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2007, 1:21 pm

When I I asked, where is my Gameboy in rip off high street auction, that was popular 10 years ago.
No got it wrong,.. a woman was offered a Gameboy and I was offered a pocket TV. I got what I asked because I made a slight fuss, and the auctioner was made me the centre of attention instead of ignoring me. I got what I asked the woman who asked for the gameboy did not get it.

Those auction was a rip off because they only sold the dirt cheep good to hookers, who never leave the shop and when they do they circle around to the back entrance

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2007, 10:55 am

That sounds fun! :D

Oh yeah, I came in last in the opne swim meet I attended when I was on the swim team the summer I was 11... and I did some presentations in grade 11 parenting class in grade 12 as well. And when the people I was talking to, mostly my mother, didn't understand me I blew up at the whole crowd of people in the heap poor-people's restaurant, yelling at them that I hated them all, that they all thought I was crazy, etc. I was banned from the restaurant.

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2007, 10:24 pm

I am the center of attention lately. All the staff know who I am and were talking about me behind closed doors, and I'm talking to more people at the Y a lot... social anxiety is lessening; if I can get along with these kinds of people I can get along with snooty upper-class people! :D

I was a sugar plum fairy in a girl-guides play The Night Before Christmas... I was also one of the people singing Babe, I Got You Babe or whatever the song is called in another performance in Girl Guides...

Yes, I find new things to say in ancient threads when I'm bored!

KBABZ
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Middle Earth. Er, I mean Wellywood. Wait, Wellington.

18 Nov 2007, 1:08 am

I remember when my Dad got me Pokemon Gold for my Gameboy Colour as a birthday present. This was at least 4 months before the game was to come out here in New Zealand. Boy was I a HUGE hit!! Sadly, when it was out, it was back to the corner for me!

In a way
And sadness turned to comfort
We all go there

Berserker
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2007, 1:12 am

Never. Thank Diablos.