Page 1 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

NorwichAspie
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

10 Oct 2012, 4:21 am

Who else thinks that the claims made against Jimmy Saville recently are false? Personally i think he is the victim of a bunch of sick in the head feminists.

Mummy_of_Peanut
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2012, 5:58 am

No, I think they are real. There are far too many, unconnected, claims. He had far too much influence over the press too - used the stick approach with regard to charity money.

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2012, 6:26 am

There appears to have been reports of molestation, harassment, and rape going back many years.
There seems to be proof that an investigation was shut down due to some form of pressure.

Sylkat

Aspiewordsmith
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2012, 9:26 am

I do not know what to make of it and You cannot believe anything that comes out of the Sun or Daily Mirror. I do remember him visiting my school back in 1972 and i saw him there. I think it is wise to wait for the police to finish the investigations first before I can say whether or not Jimmy Savile is a nonce. If true then that is what he will be remembered for rather than the philanthropy he has been previously noted for. :arrow:

IDontGetIt
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Oct 2012, 9:49 am

Sadly it all seems to be true. Note the lack of anyone leaping to his defence, and the many people saying it was an open secret.

VH
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Oct 2012, 9:55 am

Mummy_of_Peanut wrote:
No, I think they are real. There are far too many, unconnected, claims. He had far too much influence over the press too - used the stick approach with regard to charity money.

Agreed.

Perhaps this Documentary might 'enlighten' some people, and how the accusations, have never gone away:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnvEdh3vAq8[/youtube]

I think that many are having their voice heard now, because Saville can't do anything about it, and if this is all true, it would've only been strenuously denied by the man himself anyway.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2012, 10:14 am

Sylkat wrote:
There appears to have been reports of molestation, harassment, and rape going back many years.
Sylkat

Read about the Zielona Góra rapist. For the others: some time ago there was such a case from the Z. G. city that many women, unconnected with each other, reported rape or rape attempts by an unknown man - there was even the portrait of the "rapist" made and finally it turned out no rapist ever existed, they were all liars all along.

Laz
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2012, 12:04 pm

Most people who seek to abuse others, if they are intelligent enough. Will cover up their crimes use fear, intimidation, connections to maintain a positive social persona.

In order to entice vulnerable people you need to provide the illusion of safety, trust and a reputation and then have the means to maintain that illusion at the expense of these vulnerable people.

Also, to put it quite frankly, a lot of dirty secrets were swept under the carpet in the 70's. There was not the kind of protection and legal framework for whistleblowing as we have now. Limited potential of forensic science and that was even if it was available to begin with.

When anyone tells you how wonderful it was 20-30-40+ years ago. Take it with a pinch of salt. Everything was just hidden round the bend and behind closed doors here in the UK.

outofphase
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Oct 2012, 12:09 pm

This was indeed an open secret. I was told about it probably 30 years ago. I was also told that he was not someone to mess with as he was well connected with both the police and criminal world. There is still more to come from this story.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2012, 12:12 pm

Jimmy Saville: Guilty.

Next case...

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2012, 1:17 pm

Who's Jimmy Saville?

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2012, 1:31 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
Who's Jimmy Saville?

He used to appear on British TV a lot. His most popular series was Jim'l fix it. Where kids wrote in with wishes and he did his best to fulfil their wish e.g. some dying kid with cancer wanted to see his favourite footballer.

He also was a radio DJ for many years and was also well known for raising lots of cash for various charities.

He was a "larger than life" character, very extrovert and generally liked.

xmh
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Oct 2012, 6:49 pm

Aspiewordsmith wrote:
If true then that is what he will be remembered for rather than the philanthropy he has been previously noted for. :arrow:

No matter what the outcome of the police investigation he will be remembered as a paedophile.

The Louis Theraux documentary posted above shows him as abnormal (including things [such as deliberately not having a cooker in his flat] that could not be put on for the cameras).

I think that the number of allegations (and people in the industry who claim to have had suspicions) that have been made are too many to be all fake.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2012, 1:31 am

This reminds me of Michael Jackson. All the sexual abuse against children accusations and people saying he is a pedophile and others not believing it.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2012, 3:27 am

Dear Irulan,
Point taken. The investigation that was supposedly 'covered up' should have paperwork on file to prove when these accusations were made.
The adults stating now that they were abused years ago should have something to prove that they had told this to someone at the time.
Considering that it looks like he may have left quite a lot of money, there could be possible fraud in these accusations.

Sylkat

xmh
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Oct 2012, 9:26 am

Sylkat wrote:
Considering that it looks like he may have left quite a lot of money, there could be possible fraud in these accusations.

I suspect that some of the accusations will be false, with people looking to gain in some way by making a untrue claim. The trouble is working out which of these claims are true and which are false.

Since Savile is dead there will not be criminal court proceedings (except possible against those who assisted in the abuse), even if he was still living only a few cases (with a high chance of success) would go to court.