Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Jaded
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2007, 11:30 pm

When random people come up to me and start yammering at me about some boring topic that I have no interest in, and I wish they'd get to the point already. Why can't people sum it up in like, four to five words? Isn't time of the essence? ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

I just want to flap my arms and shout WHAT IS IT THAT YOU'RE TRYING TO TELL ME!?!?!? #(*$&(@*&$(*@&$(*@$ I haven't use for your bombastic simplisticness! and I don't care if that's a word!

All right, I'm going to bed. I just thought I would get that out.

Last edited by Jaded on 10 Dec 2007, 11:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2007, 11:32 pm

amen to that

gwenevyn
l'esprit de l'escalier
l'esprit de l'escalier

10 Dec 2007, 11:33 pm

Sometimes I actually ask them to tell me the end first, and then go back to the middle, so that I don't go nuts in the meanwhile.

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

10 Dec 2007, 11:55 pm

gwenevyn wrote:
Sometimes I actually ask them to tell me the end first, and then go back to the middle, so that I don't go nuts in the meanwhile.

Ditto.

If they start rambling about something boring...I will most likely say..."just tell me what happened". I haven't the time for boring conversations that have no point.

gbollard
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2007, 12:25 am

I do that too - say "can I just fast-forward to the end".... I know it's rude but I can't help it.

Sadly though, other people often tell me that I take forever to explain things (and I know I do).

These are both aspie traits guaranteed to ensure that aspies hate talking to other aspies.

gwenevyn
l'esprit de l'escalier
l'esprit de l'escalier

11 Dec 2007, 12:40 am

gbollard wrote:
I do that too - say "can I just fast-forward to the end".... I know it's rude but I can't help it.

Sadly though, other people often tell me that I take forever to explain things (and I know I do).

These are both aspie traits guaranteed to ensure that aspies hate talking to other aspies.

:lol: Oh! So true. When anybody asks me about a subject that fascinates me, I can only give a short answer with utmost restraint! Which means... er... generally I can't. :oops:

siuan
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2007, 1:37 am

gwenevyn wrote:
gbollard wrote:

:lol: Oh! So true. When anybody asks me about a subject that fascinates me, I can only give a short answer with utmost restraint! Which means... er... generally I can't. :oops:

HA! Okay, first I addressed the very topic of this thread in a thread I started called We're SUPPOSED to Lie in the General Autism Discussion. I was just absolutely perplexed as to why people with AS are wrong for not pretending to be interested in small talk.

On the other hand, as mentioned above, ask me a question and happen to hit on my special interest of medicine (or anything I can relate to it like exercise, nutrition, eating habits or the stuff in food, smoking, etc.) and you'll be hard pressed to shut me up for a while :oops: