Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Bald-Accountant
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Nov 2015, 9:04 am

Happy 11111=5 day.

Just out of curiousity, how many of you are into patterns, whether they be numbers or designs.

How many of you do these type of things:

You are talking to your therapist and you are analyzing the phone number on the edge of your therapists phone books, you know the lawyers, to see if the two numbers are prime numbers, what they might be divisible by, etc.

What type of Mnemonic you can make out of the first letter on the left of each line of a paragraph

You are walking somewhere and you are aware of the squares on the floor, seeing if you are able to walk at a 45 degree angle or if you have to walk at the diagonal for two squares that form a rectangle.

Are you fascinated by how the tiles in the bathroom fit together, you know the ones with hexagons or octagons that are connected by other shapes.
what abbreviated words you can make out of license plates

it seems like I am always analyzing my environment for patterns

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2015, 9:14 am

I think it's okay to discern patterns.

I think I used to do it better when I was younger.

You were using Base 2 (11111=5), which is what computer language is based on.

Bald-Accountant
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Nov 2015, 9:25 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I think it's okay to discern patterns.

I think I used to do it better when I was younger.

You were using Base 2 (11111=5), which is what computer language is based on.

I am sorry Kraftie, another fault of mine is correcting people
Binary is 101=5 or11111=31
I am sure someone would explan it much better than me, but
1=1
2=10
3=11
4=100
5-101
6=110
7=111
8=1000
9=1001 etc
Is that right?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2015, 9:36 am

Nothing wrong with correcting me--if I'm wrong, I'm wrong.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2015, 1:31 pm

^ There are 10 kinds of people in the World. Those who understand binary, and those who don't!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Okay.

This is Veterans' Day in the USA, and its Remembrance Day in Britain/Canada (like America's Memorial Day in purpose, but on the same day as our Veterans' Day) so designated because it was the last day of the First World War- which was November Eleventh. But I digress.

So this the eleventh day (11), of the eleventh month (11).

So thats then number one repeated four times.

So where do you get the fifth "one" digit from?

Bald-Accountant
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Nov 2015, 2:17 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
^ There are 10 kinds of people in the World. Those who understand binary, and those who don't!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Okay.

This is Veterans' Day in the USA, and its Remembrance Day in Britain/Canada (like America's Memorial Day in purpose, but on the same day as our Veterans' Day) so designated because it was the last day of the First World War- which was November Eleventh. But I digress.

So this the eleventh day (11), of the eleventh month (11).

So thats then number one repeated four times.

So where do you get the fifth "one" digit from?

I am glad you are still with us at age 115.

Just curious, what part of the world are you from?
I have been typing the date all day 11/11/15, but I know different people list the order of the date differently.

God bless our veterans. Personally I dont have anywhere near the discipline for the military, and I dont think I could handle it emotionally.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2015, 2:38 pm

:oops:

Of course.

Its 11-11-15.

So its five one's, and a five.

Seems like only yesterday it was 11-11-11. I myself posted back then about how the coming 11-11-11 meant the "end is niegh" jokingly.

I am from the U.S.A.. Right near the nation's capital in fact. Any particular reason you ask?

Had always assumed that you were a fellow American. Is that so?

Bald-Accountant
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Nov 2015, 3:30 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
I am from the U.S.A.. Right near the nation's capital in fact. Any particular reason you ask?

Had always assumed that you were a fellow American. Is that so?

I am in Indiana
I have posted on other sights for video games and been reprimanded for using the MM/DD/YYYY format, but I guess a lot of other countries use DD/MM/YYYY, although I guess it would not matter today.

I have heard a lot of people refer to MM/DD/YYYY as Muddy...

An interesting fact that a fellow accountant pointed out to me a long time ago - if you ever forget which months have 31 days, just put your fists together and look at the knuckles from left to right. January is your lest pinky knuckle, December is you right ring finger (March and October are official tall man or"teh finger month" or the months of the bird.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2015, 4:05 pm

11/11/15 is so yesterday.

madmick
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Nov 2015, 2:28 pm

My wife and I are into patterns since recently. I woke up at 4:44 am and saw the time in the hotel room on the tv controller. We went out to the store for some food and the bill was 444 pesos. We kept seeing 444 all over the place.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2015, 11:11 pm

madmick wrote:
My wife and I are into patterns since recently. I woke up at 4:44 am and saw the time in the hotel room on the tv controller. We went out to the store for some food and the bill was 444 pesos. We kept seeing 444 all over the place.

Did you buy the lottery ticket with that number yet ( like to see if God was telling you something)?

madmick
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Dec 2015, 1:09 pm

Did you buy the lottery ticket with that number yet ( like to see if God was telling you something)?[/quote]

I wouldn't buy a banca ticket in this country and the number 4 doesn't give you much choice. My wife's mother just called to say that she has changed her phone number and the last four digits are 4444.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2015, 1:39 pm

The really worrisome date should be 13/13/13, shouldn't it? Then, don't worry---it won't come till the thirteenth year after we change calendars!

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.