December 26th, Doomsday in History

Page 1 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

webster
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Dec 2007, 3:28 pm

wtf doomday is on 2012 those maya guys said that it would happen then because either they were very clever or they took a load of drugs one day and painted cow's bright yellow then made houses in trees....

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2007, 9:33 am

The Long Count ends on December 21 2012. The age ends. This is the Fifth Age, and it does match the destruction cycle of the Sumarians. Both said a monster of a comet, very long period, the feathered serpent that swims around the sun.

Quetsecotal in Mesoamerica, Marduk in Mesopotamia. The results are the same. The Egyptians told Solon, quoted from Herodotus, that the sun had twice risen where it sets and set where it rises. They claimed a knowledge of only 12,000 years.

Einstine's best friend, Immanual Veliskofsky wrote several books about it, World's in Collision, Earth in Upheaval.

I am selling tickets, front row, bring a lawn chair and cooler.

jjstar
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2007, 10:12 am

fascinating - but one wonders how much of this is designed to casuse mass consciousness to shift according to some "master plan" orchastrated by evil alien overlords....

Inventor wrote:
The Long Count ends on December 21 2012. The age ends. This is the Fifth Age, and it does match the destruction cycle of the Sumarians. Both said a monster of a comet, very long period, the feathered serpent that swims around the sun.

Quetsecotal in Mesoamerica, Marduk in Mesopotamia. The results are the same. The Egyptians told Solon, quoted from Herodotus, that the sun had twice risen where it sets and set where it rises. They claimed a knowledge of only 12,000 years.

Einstine's best friend, Immanual Veliskofsky wrote several books about it, World's in Collision, Earth in Upheaval.

I am selling tickets, front row, bring a lawn chair and cooler.

RainSong
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2007, 11:08 am

jjstar wrote:
fascinating - but one wonders how much of this is designed to casuse mass consciousness to shift according to some "master plan" orchastrated by evil alien overlords....

Out of curiosity (because I take most things literally), are you being entirely serious or sarcastic?

Three years!

jjstar
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2007, 11:15 am

RainSong wrote:
jjstar wrote:

Out of curiosity (because I take most things literally), are you being entirely serious or sarcastic?

Only serious. If I'd meant it faciously would've put in a disclaimer.

jjstar
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2007, 8:55 am

World Updates
December 26, 2007
MYT 8:15:51 PM

Landslides leave up to 81 dead, missing in Indonesia

JAKARTA (Reuters) - Landslides and floods caused by torrential rains have left up to 81 people dead or missing in Indonesia's Central Java province, police and rescue officials said on Wednesday.

A provincial official said the landslides were the worst to hit the region in quarter of a century as thousands of people moved to shelters after their homes were buried or washed away.

Rescue workers and police were struggling to reach the affected areas as roads were cut off by floods and mud, said provincial police spokesman Syahroni.
Indonesian soldiers and villagers dig into mud to search for landslides victims in Karang Anyar district near Solo, Indonesia's Central Java province, December 26, 2007. (REUTERS/Andry Prasetyo)

By late afternoon, 36 bodies had been recovered while 30 others were still buried under thick mud in Karang Anyar district near the banks of the Bengawan Solo river, said Heru, head of the local disaster coordinator agency.

Another person was found dead and 14 were missing after landslides and floods in Central Java's Wonogiri and Sukoharjo districts, said Sarjono, a spokesman for the provincial government.

Landslides are frequent in Indonesia, where tropical downpours can quickly soak hillsides and years of deforestation often means there is little vegetation to hold the soil.

But Heru said he did not believe deforestation had contributed to the latest landslides.

"The forest in the area is thick," he said.

A lack of heavy equipment was slowing rescue efforts, officials said.

"It is difficult for any help to reach the area, so the local teams are left on their own," said Julianto, another official with the provincial government.

"The landslides took us by surprise. This is the first time in the last 25 years anything of this scale occurred here in Central Java."

Thousands of villagers in areas who lost their homes to floods or landslides have moved into temporary shelters in buildings and tents set up by emergency response teams, Julianto said.

Metro TV showed footage of ruined houses and residents wading through neck-high water.

Copyright © 2007 Reuters

Copyright © 1995-2007 Star Publications (Malaysia) Bhd (Co No 10894-D)
Managed by I.Star.
http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?fi ... rldupdates

LadyMacbeth
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In the girls toilets at Hogwarts, washing the blood off my hands.

26 Dec 2007, 9:27 am

Mindtear wrote:
A very boring Boxing Day TV schedule?

QFT.

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2007, 10:33 am

If this is "boxing" day, I's rather think outside the box, even though I understand the historical origin of the day.

Doomsday scenarios are not for me. Disaster occurs on any day of the year. Events can bring misfortune and also its corollary, good fortune.

I was reading the daily newspaper today and I learned that the rings of Saturn may be 4.5 billion years old, and perhaps formed shortly after the Big Bang that supposedly started all that we know, as we know it. The Rings of Saturn, the Ring of Uranus! It must be beautiful to be surrounded by rings but not boxed in.

Disasters occurring in the world/universe are not confined
to one day, one people, one planet, one piece of matter. I could even enter the asensical realm of infinite regression at this point. Lekiwi wrote it as briefly as possible, whereas I, of course, go off on the tangent of analysis.

Flismflop
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2007, 1:49 pm

December 25th has always been doomsday, for me, and that's what I now write for that day on my calendar. Thanks to God for letting me sleep it off this year. Hooray for the 26th! It's quite refreshing for me, now.

batista90
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2007, 4:28 pm

Inventor wrote:
Tesla could do it any time.

The real reason for the 26th is a lack of Proper Religion.

A lack of Sun Worship causes destruction.

When the Sun reaches the farthest point south, the 26th, it hangs in one place for five days.

During these five days it's gravatational pull is from one direction.

It has long been known as a time of disaster. Dis Astar=Evil Star.

The Sumarians counted the perfect year as 360 days. The gift of life for the year was over, and now came the wrath, for the bad would be punished.

All fires were put out, the people ate cold food, unground grain, for it was the time of floods, storms, earthquakes, so they prepared, and wearing their old clothes, not brushing their hair, nor bathing, they wailed the funeral song for the year that had died.

They waited for the just punishment to come, for the Five Dead Days were the time of chastisement.

Putting out all fires, stocking up on uncooked grain, was a good idea, for it was storm. flood, and earthquake weather. The land tide of Earth had stopped, and now the gravatational pull came from one point, for five days, as it reversed.

The Solar engine was being shifted into reverse, and like a train, coming to a stop, then reversing, all of the stresses were suddenly opposed, the gaps between the cars from pull, now closed and smashed together from push.

An Ocean away the Mayan and Aztec also had the same rites of the Dead Days, also put out all fires in the land, and stocked uncooked food.

It was time to mourn, show sorrow, and beg forgivness, for the Sun would cast down cities, crack open the Earth, bring down mountains, and walls of water came from the sea washing away all trace of over proud people.

Some years, they were spared, but some years they were punished severly.

Putting out fires and stocking food that did not need to be cooked were disaster planning, for if once a generation, some girl talked back to her mother, and angered the Sun, everyone would pay.

The uncooked grain was seed, for when everything was destroyed, they each needed seed so the survivors would have something to plant.

Like children caught doing something very bad, they waited for their punishment. They told their life giving parent they were very sorry, and and fully accepted that they would get what they deserved.

They begged the Sun to return, to give them another chance. To forgive them.

In preparing to meet their fate, in the Mayan and Sumarian, all debts had to be paid in full before the Dead Days. For during the punishment, none could call that another owed them.

Punished or spared it was over in five days, for the Sun God is just, and has mercy on life.

On the sixth day, those who kept watch, measured the position of the Sun, reported He was Rising from the Dead and would give them another year of life.

Picking the fairest virgin in the land, she was dressed in her finest, then her heart was cut out, opened, and a new fire kindeled within. It spread from house to house, village to village, and the sacred flame must be kept living for 360 days. Letting the fire go out could cause big problems.

Then everyone took a bath, put on their best, and feasted for days.

The Five Dead Days are found in places that had earthquakes, Tsunami.

In other places the Sun was worshipped on the longest day, shortest night. Mid Summers Night in the North. A time to burn fires all night, and play with girls for spring born children of the Sun. It was the highth of Solar Power, and a good warm night for making babies. Paternity was not a question, for it was worship of the Sun's Power to give life. The Sun was considered the Father of All.

The girls built the fire, brought the feast, and it stood for all the good the Sun had given them. Out in the darkness in a ring around the fire, was for sex.

Close to the fire they ate, danced around it, then danced farther into the night, a spinning circle of life seeking life, males turning one way, females another, till they danced in pairs laying down in the dark, then each continued the circle dance. All women who wanted children had a right to dance around the circle of men.

I miss the good old days.
have u fantasied again? :P :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:

..dead..what u know about dead?
feel free to talk:)

straples-> http://www.alinssite.info/

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

26 Dec 2007, 6:55 pm

the end of the world is supose to happen in december 2012

MysteryFan3
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2007, 7:02 pm