Page 7225 of 7516 [ 120247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7222, 7223, 7224, 7225, 7226, 7227, 7228 ... 7516  Next

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2022, 9:24 pm

It's a dangerous world. You can't trust no one.

temp1234
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2022, 11:43 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
It's a dangerous world. You can't trust no one.

True. I only trust my parents and siblings.

temp1234
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2022, 11:43 pm

Cold.

traven
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2022, 12:56 am

the yellow emperor-
Calculated by Jesuit missionaries on the basis of Chinese chronicles and later accepted by the twentieth-century promoters of a universal calendar starting with the Yellow Emperor, Huangdi's traditional reign dates are 2697–2597 or 2698–2598 BC.
-a bit late ?? leave it to the jesuits and it will be alright - this is jesuit-country :ninja:
history is a wild f-up
there's some mysteriousworldwide? decline after the copper/coalithic period
The Rise and Fall of Gold Metallurgy in the Copper Age of the Carpathian Basin: The Background of the ChangeThe archaeological site of Belovode, on Rudnik mountain in Serbia, has the world's oldest securely dated evidence of copper smelting at high temperature, from c. 5000 BC.
In the 5th millennium BC copper artifacts start to appear in East Asia, such as in the Jiangzhai and Hongshan cultures, but those metal artifacts were not widely used during this early stage,
--- generalisations for...???
Copper manufacturing gradually appeared in the Yangshao period (5000–3000 BCE). Jiangzhai is the only site where copper artifacts were found in the Banpo culture. Archaeologists have found remains of copper metallurgy in various cultures from the late fourth to the early third millennia BCE. These include the copper-smelting remains and copper artifacts of the Hongshan culture (4700–2900) and copper slag at the Yuanwozhen site. This indicates that inhabitants of the Yellow River valley had already learned how to make copper artifacts by the later Yangshao period.Archaeological evidence indicates that the earliest metal objects in China were made in the late fourth millennium BCE. Copper was generally the earliest metal to be used by humanity, and was used in China since at least 3000 BCE.
Early metal-using communities have been found at the Qijia and Siba sites in Gansu, with similar sites in Xinjiang in the west and Shandong, Liaoning and Inner Mongolia in the east and north. The Central Plain sites associated with the Erlitou culture also contain early metalworks.In the tomb of the first Qin Emperor and multiple Warring States period tombs, extremely sharp swords and other weapons were found, coated with chromium oxide, which made the weapons rust resistant. The layer of chromium oxide used on these swords was 10 to 15 micrometers and left them in pristine condition to this day. Chromium was first scientifically attested in the 18th century.
---- then wiki not being a 'relable source' but a translator and starting point

Chinese mythology generally reflects a time when metallurgy had long been practiced. According to Mircea Eliade, the Iron Age produced a large number of rites, myths and symbols; the blacksmith was the main agent of diffusion of mythology, rites and metallurgical mysteries. The secret knowledge of metallurgists and their powers made them founders of the human world and masters of the spirit world. This metallurgical model was reinterpreted again by Taoist alchemists
same on other continents :mrgreen:

back to the ....
YE - Three Sovereigns and Five Emperors

tools on the hands, dna on the lower body....
same as it ever was
well well, if humanity sees a mistake it will happily go there..... cyclic

the backyard furnaces in the great leap forward

SkinnedWolf
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2022, 7:30 am

I have learnt enough to know how little I know.
One fine day, I must revisit what was lost...though the taste of it will be ripe and strange.

Cover your eyes, if you like. It will serve no purpose.

You might expect to be able to crush them in your hand, into wolf-bone fragments.
Dance with me, funeralxempire. Into night's circle we fly, until the fire enjoys us.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2022, 6:31 pm

I wonder what would happen if I eat pork chops before I take a nap.

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

11 Jul 2022, 9:20 pm

I would love to be able to jump into old photographs and relive some wonderful moments from my childhood. Wouldn't that be neat, to be able to spend a day or two in one's past? And then after returning to the present, one could jump into another photograph whenever the mood calls for it.

On occasion I do practice a sort of "hopping into the past" technique. Through meditation to get to a sort of self-hypnotic state, I can escape into episodes of my childhood. I sometimes alter the paths I took back then, just for the fun of it.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2022, 10:28 pm

SkinnedWolf wrote:
I have learnt enough to know how little I know.
One fine day, I must revisit what was lost...though the taste of it will be ripe and strange.

The more knowledge one acquires the more one understands how vast the fields truly are.

Imagine if the world grew exponentially with every step you take in any direction. :lol:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2022, 12:07 am

glider18 wrote:
I would love to be able to jump into old photographs and relive some wonderful moments from my childhood. Wouldn't that be neat, to be able to spend a day or two in one's past? And then after returning to the present, one could jump into another photograph whenever the mood calls for it.

On occasion I do practice a sort of "hopping into the past" technique. Through meditation to get to a sort of self-hypnotic state, I can escape into episodes of my childhood. I sometimes alter the paths I took back then, just for the fun of it.

Welcome back to WP!

temp1234
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2022, 4:00 am

Where I live, they turn on the air-conditioner instead of the heater in the buses and trains even in winter. It's freezing outside already. No idea why they do that. Maybe they want the passengers to get sick? Going to work is a torture.

longshot
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2022, 8:25 am

Always try to find whatever serenity you can find in your life, regardless of how plentiful or rare it might be.

temp1234
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2022, 3:29 am

cold

longshot
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2022, 8:57 am

never think all things are lost

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2022, 2:44 pm

Unless I'm going loopy I'm sure I've just seen the ghost of a fly flying across my living room. I went right passed me. Wings fluttering and then just disappeared.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2022, 3:01 pm

I still don't know what happened to a wasp that came through my bathroom window about 10 years ago and flew straight at me. I reacted instinctively to fend it off, and it just disappeared. I've sometimes wondered whether I knocked it into the sink and it went down the plughole.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2022, 3:14 pm

:lol:

Maybe it was a ghost wasp