Page 6754 of 7516 [ 120250 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6751, 6752, 6753, 6754, 6755, 6756, 6757 ... 7516  Next

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2019, 3:51 am

Pagpagpagpag ng katang-isip na alikabok... :lol:

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2019, 4:00 am

Mountain Goat wrote:
I like it as mine looks like an ordinary looking city car (Though it has nice alluminium wheels)... Something tame, but it is almost deceptive, as it has some real go to it. Ok, it may not be anywhere near as quick as many cars, but for the windy Welsh roads which one may go round a blind corner and then come across yet another steep uphill, the way the car copes without even the need for much gear changing... It is pulling strong at almost idling revs. It just makes driving a lot easier. I rarely have gone over 3000 revs as I don't need to. The other day when I filled up a little I took it out for a run where I drove about 150 to 200 miles. Our roads between South Wales and North Wales are all country roads. Twisty and turny and hilly, many being very narrow at places where despite being a main road, if something comes the other way someone has to stop and reverse!
I am remembering when a couple from the USA came with us once in a Volvo I had. It was hilarious. I don't know what state he came from but he described the roads there as long and straight with lots of space either side to pull in etc. Well, the guy sat in the front with me and his wife and my parents were in the back of my car. I decided to take a diversionary short cut down some country lanes.
At first I found he wasn't wearing his seat belt as he ended up on my lap when I diverged off at a 90 degree junction and he assumed I was going straight on. (Law here to wear seat belts).
Now on this country lane the hedges skim both sides of the car and one has many sharp blind bends to take. I and other road users are well used to these so we basically drive on our brakes if that makes sense. Well the poor guy was panicking. I was only doing 20 mph. I thought I sometimes get nervous! Poor man. All I could do is reassure him that I was well used to driving these roads and I was taking it easy... Which I was...

no offense but i think that fella was a pantywaist. 20 miles per hour is plenty tame. can you tell me how well your Mitsu handles bumpy pavement in terms of smoothing it out for the passengers?

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2019, 7:07 am

It seems to be ok. The one my brother has... The previous owner would go over speedbumps at 30mph, though I slow down for them as I want my car to last. My brother's car has had to have a new spring for the MOT (MOT is a test which cars have to pass every year to be allowed on the road) and it was likely due to the previous owner going too fast over the speed bumps. Aparently, according to the design, they say that our speed bumps were designed to go over at 15 mph. Most of us do around 20mph over them.
I have no real issues with the handling in general. It seems to be good. The only small criticism is they feel front heavy but this could be due to electric power steering, which I found out the car has. I have never had this before on a car. I actually found out it has it when I went to try to check the power steering was topped up with fluid. I searched for its little tank to top it up... I was quite puzzled... :D

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2019, 7:27 am

30 mph over a typical speed bump seems to be evidence of a death wish for the automobile.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2019, 7:33 am

I’ve decided that I really like my new waterproof hiking shoes. It’s so hard to tell just by trying them on at the store.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2019, 7:36 am

auntblabby wrote:
30 mph over a typical speed bump seems to be evidence of a death wish for the automobile.

Perhaps it’s just giving you clear signs of its disapproval.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2019, 8:40 am

30 MPH over a speed bump is quite jolting---but the car is not necessarily damaged.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2019, 9:02 am

Regarding speed bumps. I once had an absolutely hillarious scene due to a speed bump. I had my last but one car (The last car I only had for a few weeks) which was a Volvo 940. It has soft suspension and is a lovely vehicle to drive. Its still on the road as a friend bought it from me. I was travelling on the windy main roads of Wales heading back home into the South Wales area and I found every time I came into a 30mph speed limit this lady in a tiny little white car was seriously tailgating, yet when I was allowed to go 50 mph she would be in the distance behind. She looked in her mid 50's as I had a very clear view of her in my mirrors as she was driving that close.
Now we werw going down hill and round some sharp curves at 40 mph and she was still there behind my car. I had to reduce speed on the downhill as we were coming into a 30mph which was soon followed by a rather steep speed bump. (They put two sets of bumps in this village as so many were ignoring the 30mph and things were dangerous for residents). As she was so close behind I couldn't just reduce speed. I did it more gradually so I must have entered at about 34mph and then as I was watching behind I hit the steep speed bump at 30mph. The 24 year old Volvo did notice the bump but glided over it ok. My eyes were in the mirror... Well, she didn't slow down in her little car. The scene that met my eyes!
Her car jumped up in the air and then nose dived. She was thrown forward out of her seat (I assume the seatbelt didn't hold her or she wasn't wearing it) and I saw a pair of hands and her face squashed against the front window of her car. Oh gosh! It was so funny! Luckily there was no accident. She decided not to tailgate me for a while...

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2019, 9:07 am

They only thing better than bacon is ... more bacon!

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2019, 9:20 am

I saw two ducks yesterday

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2019, 10:11 am

I saw three ducks yesterday... :p Haha! It is actually true! Three male ducks while I was out walking. They were in the harbour at a place called Burry Port.

Mind you, we have ducks at home and two of them are sitting on eggs. Funny things are ducks!

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2019, 11:15 am

I dreamt about ducks the other day.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2019, 12:43 pm

I tried to dream about ducks, but I ended up dreaming about Golden Eagles.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2019, 1:53 pm

What about that guy.... He drempt that he was eating a giant marsh mallow. When he woke up his pillow had gone.
He was dissapointed. He felt a bit down in the mouth.

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2019, 2:54 pm

Whoever said money can't make you happy has never been poor.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2019, 3:55 pm

I have to say that I have had times of nothing and times of plenty and in a way the times of plenty were more stressing then the times of not a lot. Having money in the bank means thoughts of what to do with it and often having to bail a person out of debt who then goes back in buying yhings I couldn't afford...
Having not a lot does bring stresses but also brings miracles. I have had so many miriacles that I am in awe. Like the vehicle I have. Wow! Not in my best imagination would I think the vehicle was as great as it is and so suitable for my needs. (I am not saying there are not better vehicles out there, but for me I can't think of another that would be so great... And even the sound of it reminds me of a train and I love trains.... Hahahaha! Great!
So what I am trying to say, that as long as we have a place to live, some clothes on our body and some food we are ok. The rest are blessings and miriacles. :) And they do happen.