Page 6751 of 7516 [ 120252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6748, 6749, 6750, 6751, 6752, 6753, 6754 ... 7516  Next

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2019, 10:00 pm

... to cabbages and kings.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2019, 10:42 pm

chocolate bars and paupers

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2019, 11:18 pm

@Blabs: big Volvos or Buicks are probably cheaper by this point.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2019, 12:02 am

cberg wrote:
@Blabs: big Volvos or Buicks are probably cheaper by this point.

big volvos ride like small volvos, IOW like a truck. big buicks with the 3.8l v6 have their issues, most obviously worn motor mounts so they resultantly seem to run loudly and roughly. the buick century with the 3 liter 60 degree v6, OTOH are as quiet and smooth as when new. but low-mileage centuries of the desired years, '97 and '98, are rare as hen's teeth and command a like-new price.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2019, 12:49 am

cberg wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
i HATE stiffened low-rider [car] suspensions that don't have any cush whatsoever, along with those RIDICULOUS big wagon wheels and rubber band tires that go along with 'em. :x

I can go either way. AWD is useful with a bunch of clearance & squish but it's also a lot more grabby with the brutal sport springs in my little wagon. It's a mountain car though so I'm sure I won't be lowering it.

Bleh, I can't spend on making my car faster for a while. I just signed a lease in a house. 8O

I wouldn't mind AWD, so long as the car has a good ride height. If your subway handle isn't dragging, your car sits too high.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2019, 3:03 am

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2019, 8:00 am

The house is quiet.

longshot
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2019, 11:01 am

It's nice to be noticed as being helpful unto others.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2019, 1:59 pm

My kittie is purring.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2019, 3:17 pm

.. And now I sleep at 6AM and wake up at 3PM.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2019, 8:41 pm

i like high-riding cars/trucks/vans, they are easier for non-athletes to enter/egress.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2019, 11:35 pm

auntblabby wrote:
i like high-riding cars/trucks/vans, they are easier for non-athletes to enter/egress.

Personally, I prefer cars that you put on like a pair of pants. Since I'm not an athlete, it's nice to have a car that can pretend to be athletic for a bit.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2019, 11:41 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Personally, I prefer cars that you put on like a pair of pants. Since I'm not an athlete, it's nice to have a car that can pretend to be athletic for a bit.

my '97 CRV is like that, i just step IN to it, not down into it like a lower-riding car. when i get out, i step sideways and not up like i would a lower-riding car. only notable problem with it [so far, god-willing] is that it rides sometimes joltingly hard [like almost any economy class subcompact SUV] over the bumpy country roads around my neck of the woods.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2019, 2:25 am

auntblabby wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

my '97 CRV is like that, i just step IN to it, not down into it like a lower-riding car. when i get out, i step sideways and not up like i would a lower-riding car. only notable problem with it [so far, god-willing] is that it rides sometimes joltingly hard [like almost any economy class subcompact SUV] over the bumpy country roads around my neck of the woods.

I guess I should have mentioned I put my pants on while sitting on the floor. :lol:

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2019, 2:27 am

funeralxempire wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

I guess I should have mentioned I put my pants on while sitting on the floor. :lol:

i hafta put mine on standing up, i absolutely can't do it on the floor. my back won't allow it.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2019, 2:30 am

auntblabby wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

i hafta put mine on standing up, i absolutely can't do it on the floor. my back won't allow it.

Fair enough, I'm sure once I can't get into a slammed car I might change my mind about the idea of wanting one.

Either that or I'd go with airbags so it can 'stand up' to meet me, then return to a better ride height for driving.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う