Page 6752 of 7516 [ 120252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6749, 6750, 6751, 6752, 6753, 6754, 6755 ... 7516  Next

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2019, 2:34 am

funeralxempire wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
i like high-riding cars/trucks/vans, they are easier for non-athletes to enter/egress.

Personally, I prefer cars that you put on like a pair of pants. Since I'm not an athlete, it's nice to have a car that can pretend to be athletic for a bit.

my '97 CRV is like that, i just step IN to it, not down into it like a lower-riding car. when i get out, i step sideways and not up like i would a lower-riding car. only notable problem with it [so far, god-willing] is that it rides sometimes joltingly hard [like almost any economy class subcompact SUV] over the bumpy country roads around my neck of the woods.

I guess I should have mentioned I put my pants on while sitting on the floor. :lol:

i hafta put mine on standing up, i absolutely can't do it on the floor. my back won't allow it.

Fair enough, I'm sure once I can't get into a slammed car I might change my mind about the idea of wanting one.

Either that or I'd go with airbags so it can 'stand up' to meet me, then return to a better ride height for driving.

mebbe you can luck out and find yourself a good used condition Citroen DS or ID with the variable suspension that lifts several inches then drops back down for driving. the beauty of this car is it works offroad fairly well. it rides better than a cadillac, the most serenely controlled and smooth ride ever made.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2019, 3:29 am

auntblabby wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
i like high-riding cars/trucks/vans, they are easier for non-athletes to enter/egress.

Personally, I prefer cars that you put on like a pair of pants. Since I'm not an athlete, it's nice to have a car that can pretend to be athletic for a bit.

my '97 CRV is like that, i just step IN to it, not down into it like a lower-riding car. when i get out, i step sideways and not up like i would a lower-riding car. only notable problem with it [so far, god-willing] is that it rides sometimes joltingly hard [like almost any economy class subcompact SUV] over the bumpy country roads around my neck of the woods.

I guess I should have mentioned I put my pants on while sitting on the floor. :lol:

i hafta put mine on standing up, i absolutely can't do it on the floor. my back won't allow it.

Fair enough, I'm sure once I can't get into a slammed car I might change my mind about the idea of wanting one.

Either that or I'd go with airbags so it can 'stand up' to meet me, then return to a better ride height for driving.

mebbe you can luck out and find yourself a good used condition Citroen DS or ID with the variable suspension that lifts several inches then drops back down for driving. the beauty of this car is it works offroad fairly well. it rides better than a cadillac, the most serenely controlled and smooth ride ever made.

I'm really more interested in putting together a kaido racer style Vega, with the rear end converted over to a Subaru Impreza rear subframe, since IRS really is required to get negative camber and they're more readily available than most sporty RWD cars, but are built in essentially the same way, unlike a lot of other AWD cars.

Related - Imprezas are super simple to convert to be RWD instead of AWD.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2019, 3:42 am

vega, as in chevy vega?

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2019, 8:26 am

Cheese pizza is great!

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2019, 11:39 am

[img][img]https://i.imgur.com/I2jwCNZ.jpg[/img][/img]

auntblabby wrote:
blackicmenace wrote:
blazingstar wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
if life keeps giving you lemons, find some sweetener somewhere.

When life gives you lemons, put a couple of them in a sock and whoop life until it gives you something better.

When life gives you lemons, plant the seeds and grow an orchard.

When life gives you lemons, get a refund. They have lemon laws you know.

i fought the lemons but the lemons won ;)

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2019, 1:32 pm

auntblabby wrote:
vega, as in chevy vega?

Indeed. They look better than pretty much any contemporary except the 240Z and Celica, and I couldn't afford a 240Z unless I sold one kidney and leased the other one.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2019, 5:12 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
vega, as in chevy vega?

Indeed. They look better than pretty much any contemporary except the 240Z and Celica, and I couldn't afford a 240Z unless I sold one kidney and leased the other one.

you wouldn't have wanted one back in the day, that thing cost GM billion$ in lawsuits over that rotten engine in it. my mom and brother had 'em back in the day, my brother is a journeyman mechanic and could keep the thing running [he hadda strip out all the emissions controls to keep the thing from overheating] and my mom's year newer one [a '74] just wouldn't run worth beans. wouldn't start even on a hot day, very cold-blooded and perpetually starved of fuel yet still got less than 20 miles per gallon, used oil even when new. all those 2.3l engines were that way. an expensive option was the english cosworth engine which comparatively was a jewel that ran fine despite the emissions controls. those cosworths are still considered usable engines i have read.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2019, 6:07 pm

Depression can cause you to dream up to 3 to 4 times more than you normally would.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2019, 11:57 pm

no wonder i had so many dreams when i was younger and bluer.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2019, 12:20 am

auntblabby wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
vega, as in chevy vega?

you wouldn't have wanted one back in the day, that thing cost GM billion$ in lawsuits over that rotten engine in it. my mom and brother had 'em back in the day, my brother is a journeyman mechanic and could keep the thing running [he hadda strip out all the emissions controls to keep the thing from overheating] and my mom's year newer one [a '74] just wouldn't run worth beans. wouldn't start even on a hot day, very cold-blooded and perpetually starved of fuel yet still got less than 20 miles per gallon, used oil even when new. all those 2.3l engines were that way. an expensive option was the english cosworth engine which comparatively was a jewel that ran fine despite the emissions controls. those cosworths are still considered usable engines i have read.

I'm very familiar with their history, they're one of my favourite cars. I've heard various opinions from hundreds of owners and they seem to cover a range. I wanna put a K20 or K24 in one with a 'powered by Honda' sticker on the back in where the rear bumper once lived, there's a kit for swapping them into a Miata, and it makes a good starting point for other longitudinal K series transplants.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2019, 1:19 am

i got dreams of beatin' interfererin' step-dads until they leak inside their sweatpants.
i hear heavy breathing as the suspense mounts - it's louder than elephants in rout

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2019, 1:23 am

i wish i could time-travel in the WABAC machine back to 1975. or anytime in the 70s, in fact.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2019, 9:26 am

Never!

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2019, 9:53 am

Another funny mother's day. :lol:
Too bad it's not another stealth mission with my mom.

And tomorrow, I'm voting locally...

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2019, 1:46 pm

I really don't want to go to work tomorrow.. I'm too anxious

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2019, 2:03 pm

I hot bath can cure almost all ills.