Page 6721 of 7516 [ 120253 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6718, 6719, 6720, 6721, 6722, 6723, 6724 ... 7516  Next

enz
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2019, 6:22 pm

So close to passing drivers test but so frustrated with that 5 percent I struggle to remember

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2019, 6:24 pm

blooiejagwa wrote:
I also think deep down she disnt believe me abt the law clerk thing (i don’t blame her- it DOES sound unbelievable as well combined with alk the stuff tht happened with XH)
So.. yeah. Idk if i will mention that to therapists again even though tht dumb incident is always haunting me and on my mind..

Are you looking for psychologist, psychotherapist, social worker, etc. ? They're all different. Of course there is also psychiatry but they're linked to medicine and all they tend to do is push pharmaceuticals.

traven
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2019, 1:26 am

guess??? yt disabled itself on my end, lol :mrgreen:

traven
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2019, 2:47 am

random
its a shills world?? ahum, planet i mean
where evryone has the rights and means to 'help&counselling'
otoh
the people who had that became more un-stable after treatement

lets see was there any 'system' where psychiatry wasn't on the side of the oppressor?
8) 8) 8)

think
what
you
ask
for

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2019, 2:47 am

old cars cost lots to maintain. :|

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2019, 8:14 am

I am going into the university today.

Lukario
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2019, 10:05 am

It's noteworthy that the biggest youtube celebrity in my country is pretty much unheard of worldwide when my neighboring country has the biggest one, I guess it just has to do with the person.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2019, 10:28 am

Netflix and Amazon Prime Video are a waste of time. There's nothing on them! I got Prime free for a month and no matter what I search, it isn't there. I don't want "similar", thank you very much. :evil:

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2019, 10:31 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Netflix and Amazon Prime Video are a waste of time. There's nothing on them! I got Prime free for a month and no matter what I search, it isn't there. I don't want "similar", thank you very much. :evil:

I mostly use Hulu. They got The Golden Girls, Will and Grace, and The Twilight Zone. :D

sidetrack
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2019, 1:30 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:

When it comes to documentaries and edutainment I would much rather lean towards 'kanopy' which I have access to via a local library arrangement.
__

I think that on one level this is something which even crass ppl would understand. When you travel you 'expect' a level of reciprocity and temperament regulation upon interacting with locals..historically when that hasn't happened even if it was done by an exploitative a--hole, being in the position of being one of the few 'to return' and tell what the ppl somewhere else were like has wound up being an unwitting basis for so much racism.

Hence do everyone a favour and consistently commit to reciprocity and temperament regulation for the rest of your life and you'll be making life more palatable for many.

Always ticks me off when ppl pretend their are no 'value systems' outside of religion (or politics)..it still in vogue to neglect actually committing to your mind and neuro-ontic well-being b/c too often apathy is taken to be the f---g .m.o. of existence which ppl get addicted to in the stupidest ways.

graceksjp
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2019, 1:33 pm

I wish there was a cure for laziness. I cant seem to motivate myself to do anything

I tell myself over and over that I need to get something done, but then I get distracted doing five million other things and that one thing I actually needed to do, doesnt get done. Its sad, cause once I actually start something I tend to be a pretty hard worker and tend to get it done pretty quickly to the best of my ability. But I am such a procrastinator. Even getting out of bed and going to class is a struggle. (my attendance record is appalling, even tho I know it affects my grade and I hate that I keep skipping) Weird isnt it? I berate myself all the time, and yet....Im just too lazy.
Just yesterday I told myself over and over not to forget to work on my essay because I promised my mother Id have it done by spring break. Instead, I ended up being distracted by something totally random and writing like 20k words about that instead. My essay only needed to be 5k. :roll:

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2019, 2:05 pm

graceksjp wrote:
I wish there was a cure for laziness. I cant seem to motivate myself to do anything

I tell myself over and over that I need to get something done, but then I get distracted doing five million other things and that one thing I actually needed to do, doesnt get done. Its sad, cause once I actually start something I tend to be a pretty hard worker and tend to get it done pretty quickly to the best of my ability. But I am such a procrastinator. Even getting out of bed and going to class is a struggle. (my attendance record is appalling, even tho I know it affects my grade and I hate that I keep skipping) Weird isnt it? I berate myself all the time, and yet....Im just too lazy.
Just yesterday I told myself over and over not to forget to work on my essay because I promised my mother Id have it done by spring break. Instead, I ended up being distracted by something totally random and writing like 20k words about that instead. My essay only needed to be 5k. :roll:

It doesn't sound like being lazy is the issue, you don't sound lazy at all. Ability to remain on task sounds like one of the issues, perhaps with lacking the energy and drive to do what's needed some days - but if you spend all of your time telling yourself you're lazy, feeling bad about it and lacking the motivation to see things that are difficult through to completion sounds like a natural consequence.

Struggling doesn't make you lazy, neither does failing because some struggles are overwhelming. Procrastination doesn't make you lazy either, but it can convince you that you are. All of this becomes a negative feedback loop that undermines you further, so instead of beating yourself up in an attempt to motivate yourself, focus on a few things you've succeeded at recently, remind yourself you've dealt with worse and keep your mind focused on how you're succeeding instead of how you're worried you won't succeed.

I guess the tl;dr version is 'treat yourself with compassion'.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2019, 2:17 pm

Old English poetry was basically rapped, so I'm going to call myself a skald instead of an emcee. :lol:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

graceksjp
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2019, 9:42 am

funeralxempire wrote:
It doesn't sound like being lazy is the issue, you don't sound lazy at all. Ability to remain on task sounds like one of the issues, perhaps with lacking the energy and drive to do what's needed some days - but if you spend all of your time telling yourself you're lazy, feeling bad about it and lacking the motivation to see things that are difficult through to completion sounds like a natural consequence.

Struggling doesn't make you lazy, neither does failing because some struggles are overwhelming. Procrastination doesn't make you lazy either, but it can convince you that you are. All of this becomes a negative feedback loop that undermines you further, so instead of beating yourself up in an attempt to motivate yourself, focus on a few things you've succeeded at recently, remind yourself you've dealt with worse and keep your mind focused on how you're succeeding instead of how you're worried you won't succeed.

I guess the tl;dr version is 'treat yourself with compassion'.

Thanks, thats nice of you to say.
But isnt lack of motivation and procrastination totally just being lazy? I mean, my mom yells at me about it all the time. If I need to study for a test for example, and I keep doing other things instead and dont get around to studying till the last minute and wind up with a poor grade, than isnt it my fault for being too lazy to study enough? I mean, I could open ten tabs specifically about the gov paper I need to write, and Id still end up reading an article about like new advances in smartfarming technology or something, and then I'll like watch a video on it, and now Im just wasting time watching youtube videos, and it takes me five days to write a paper that shouldnt have taken more than a couple hours.
Honestly, I think Im just a terrible student lmao :roll: Its my own fault if I dont get anything done

longshot
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2019, 10:01 am

Just moving along as best as possible..

zcientist
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Mar 2019, 10:26 am

I'm awake and ready to face the day.