Warning: Superman costume does not enable flight.

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

NewTime
Veteran
Veteran

Today, 7:12 am

There is this warning on a Superman costume.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

Today, 7:36 am

It's scandalous that

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

Today, 7:59 am

What exactly are you saying?

Are you telling us that commercially available Superman costumes they sell for Halloween come with a tag that actually states that "this costume does not enable flight"?

If thats what you're claiming then it's news to me, but I would actually believe it ....because...we live in a litigious society and it wouldnt surprise me that manufacturers would feel the need to guard themselves from lawsuits by attaching such a warning.

Ya never know. Some individual consumer, with just a piece of candy corn for a brain, might jump off of a roof while wearing their product...and find that they are NOT flying! Break some bones. And then sue. :lol:

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

Today, 1:23 pm

But it may sensitise the user to Green Kryptonite via the placebo effect.

People actually dress up as Superman for Halloween? Dammit, it's supposed to be about ghouls and ghosts and monsters and skeletons. World gone crazy.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

Today, 2:42 pm

You must have been living under a rock for seventy years! Children have always dressed up in store bought costumes as non scary things like Cinderella, or Luke Skywalker.

Grownups will make home made costumes.

I met a middle aged guy at a Halloween party who came as..."a mid-life crises".

I was late to the party and they all told me that he had already dismantled most of his costume so I only got to see a t-shirt with the phrase "mid life crises" emblazoned on it.

Its been driving me crazy ever since trying to imagine HOW he would portray THAT in a costume. Maybe his body was festooned with toy sports cars, and Barbie dolls (to represent trophy wives or something). :lol:

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

Today, 4:48 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
You must have been living under a rock for seventy years!

I lived in England mostly, which is a slightly less crazy place, and Halloween isn't such a big thing. Mind you, Southern England is thought by us Northeners to be somewhat bonkers.

MatchboxVagabond
Veteran
Veteran

Today, 5:35 pm

NewTime wrote:

That's dumb, Superman is good at jumping, all this flying nonsense needs to end now.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

Today, 7:02 pm

NewTime wrote:
It's been there at least since the mid-1960s.  According to some "Old Wives' Tales" I heard as a kid, at least one person injured themselves by trying to fly off a garage roof while wearing a Superman Hallowe'en costume.

Read the Washington Post Article  HERE 

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

Today, 8:20 pm

This was on a costume in an adult size, right? Not a kid's costume. Because first, there are grown adults that are really that dumb. And second, in the USA especially, they have to put that warning on it so they don't their butts sued off if some dumb adult gets themself injured because their lawyer will say, "You didn't put on a warning saying the costume wouldn't be able to make them fly, so they assumed that they could. And so it's all your fault." Seriously. They even put warnings on jars of peanut butter saying "Allergy warning: contains peanuts" for the same reason.