Page 3861 of 4179 [ 66853 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3858, 3859, 3860, 3861, 3862, 3863, 3864 ... 4179  Next

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2021, 8:25 pm

My wifi is actually fine for everything except this laptop. It just keeps spinning lately.

I remember my mother's mother's mother, Priscilla.

I had a profound existential experience of some sort when I was walking through a flower garden to visit her, at her care home. I don't remember what happened exactly (lol), but I know I stopped in my tracks with some sort of profound awareness or occurrence. I can still remember the shiver it sent through me. It's like my life changed somehow but I have no recollection of what it was. She died when I was 8, and I think this might have been that summer.

I have photos of my parents and my grandparents with her that day, but I'm not in the pictures.

Would you rather meet a great grandparent or a potential, future great grandchild?

Wow - Sorry Hero for the long answer.

I don't really know what candy is. What does that mean? Chocolate? Hard candies? Anything sugar?

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2021, 8:31 pm

Milk Chocolate. Anything with sugar in it.

I had a 'premonition' the day my grandfather died. Actually more an 'impulse'. I was about to be told, and i just blurted it out. I don't know why. And i don't think there's any reason i could of known. (this was outside school, going home) Its kinda strange. I would also been 8 years old. (I think it was autumn 1996.)

Do you believe you are capable of living a good life with ASD?

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2021, 8:54 pm

Yes.

Same question.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2021, 8:56 pm

When my grandmother died I was playing in the snow at a friend's house, and I was sent home. My mother had something heating in the oven and the baking sheet did that thing where it jumps and makes a noise. You know when the oven gets hot? Somehow I knew that was her. Weird. It was March 1979.

Candy - I hate chocolate. Can't even smell it. I like caramels I guess. Stuff with brown sugar.

Define a good life? I survived so far, and had a well-paying job. Bought houses. Raised amazing kids. But on the inside I'll always be broken, exhausted, and really hurt by the way I was treated. Overall I love my life; I just wish I had more support or could accept more support without being stubborn (whichever it is).

same q

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2021, 9:04 pm

Yeah i don't think I'll ever feel at ease... fully. But life is ...Okay. I'm not depressed or anything.

A good life on all levels, i suppose it's psychological, socially, physically, financially, just 'firing on all cylinders.' Where the good times outweigh the bad times. Where lucky things happen. and Life is fun, generally, with a little bit of sorrow thrown in , because Life can't be perfect. Like a roller-coaster, it has to have ups and downs, otherwise it gets boring.

same q

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2021, 10:12 pm

Maybe.

Did you get in trouble a lot when you were in school?

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2021, 10:23 pm

Had, but not that a lot.
Probably because adults figured I was easily provoked, and I don't cause disruption without any reason to.

Same question.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2021, 10:33 pm

Apart from being spanked and picked up by my ponytail on the first day of Kindergarten, no.

I was essentially invisible, except for kids bullying me.

same question

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2021, 10:37 pm

Yes and no. I ran with bad kids, so that offered me some protection. I was good in class, occasionally clownish, occasionally in trouble. I just blended in. I was considered slightly odd i guess, or 'clueless,' that's the word. Not 'streetsmart.'

same q

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2021, 10:42 pm

I got in trouble sometimes, but usually it was for academic reasons, or due to my inattention and hyperactivity.

Do you have any issues with hyperactivity?

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2021, 10:47 pm

Actually I got in trouble age 13 for acting out, but it's because a girl was threatening me and I was scared.

Also age 14 I called the teacher a dog. I meant it as a compliment "you're so loyal" and because in my synaesthesia she reminded me of a happy puppy. She was really upset when I called her a dog and she pulled me out in the corridor and started crying and told me her husband was leaving her and she hated her job. It was intense. I saw her again when I was about 20 and I even apologised again. She said she didn't remember it. I'm still upset with myself for upsetting her.

My brain is wicked hyper as you can likely tell. My body too, but in terms of stimming rather than gross motor.

I'm pretty sure my ADHD meds are useless, Hero. :(

same question

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2021, 10:55 pm

Only when I have to much caffeine. Or become excited over something. I was somewhat energetic as a kid. I'm sure i called a lot of people insulting things as a kid. Being that i hung out with mouthy delinquents.

same q

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2021, 10:56 pm

Not usually - I have more problems trying to deal with persistent mental stupour, I can and do waste endless hours just vegetating.

Do you have the above issue?

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2021, 11:02 pm

Lately I've had a lot of issues concentrating and completing tasks, if that's similar enough?

When was the last time you went swimming?

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2021, 11:02 pm

I hung out with a lot of bad yet fun punks when I was 13-14. That was my OZZY and Sex Pistols phase. I looked like a little toughie but I was still quiet and reserved in class except for those two issues. Oh, and the day I got sent home for wearing a skin-tight spandex mini dress and stilettos.

Mental stupour? Me? Never lolllll. I live in a cloud of brain fog with no umbrella. You wouldn't believe how vacant my mind feels when I'm not on here forcing myself to put words in a coherent order.

Swimming - in October at my mother's.

What was your last big vacation / holiday trip?

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2021, 11:04 pm

Naples/Southern Italy, 2001

And yours?