Page 3865 of 4179 [ 66853 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3862, 3863, 3864, 3865, 3866, 3867, 3868 ... 4179  Next

Flown
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2021, 1:22 pm

HeroOfHyrule wrote:
I don't remember which one was specifically my favourite, since I watched so many cartoons.

What's your favourite video game (if you have one)?

Wow. This is a really difficult question (too many to list). I'll just post a handful of favorites instead:
-Bastion
-Anarchy Online (purely for nostalgia/comfort/sameness)
-Ragnarok Online (purely for nostalgia/comfort/sameness)
-Life is Strange
-Grim Dawn
-Path of Exile
-Elder Scrolls Online
-I <3 Hue (phone app/color puzzle game)
-Torchlight II
-Lyne
-Oxenfree

So many more!

Same q!

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2021, 1:28 pm

I have a lot of nostalgia for the PC games that I played as a teenager - Doom, Duke Nukem 3d, Quake, Command & Conquer, Discworld. No clear favourite.

In more recent times Breath of the Wild is a solid favourite but I don't play much of anything these days.

How do you behave around bees and wasps?

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2021, 1:42 pm

I don't mind bees, but I immediately freak out when I notice a wasp. :oops: :P

Same question.

Flown
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2021, 1:46 pm

DuckHairback wrote:
I have a lot of nostalgia for the PC games that I played as a teenager - Doom, Duke Nukem 3d, Quake, Command & Conquer, Discworld. No clear favourite.

In more recent times Breath of the Wild is a solid favourite but I don't play much of anything these days.

How do you behave around bees and wasps?

I'm fascinated by them-- and typically photograph them/document them. I do, however, have an allergy, so I limit my interaction with more aggressive wasps like yellow jackets.

For example, this is a female Liris argentatus, a square-headed wasp. I saw her dragging a rather large, paralyzed cricket through rocks, dirt, and leaf litter (at a dense mixed forest edge) for several hours. She was probably dragging it back to a safe burrow on which to lay her eggs. When the larvae emerge, they are supplied with a paralyzed, living prey (in this case, the cricket). This is called kleptoparasitism.

Same question

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2021, 2:32 pm

Not too well, really. I'm pretty scared of them.

Ever get stung by a bee?

Flown
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2021, 2:33 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Not too well, really. I'm pretty scared of them.

Ever get stung by a bee?

Yes. One of my earliest memories was stepping on a bee (I was curious what it would feel like. It looked so fuzzy and nice, so I put my toes on it). I was probably around 2 years old. Maybe slightly younger.

Do you have a bedtime/wind down ritual? If so, what does it entail?

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2021, 2:51 pm

Take a bath/shower, drink some tea, do other hygiene stuff, and then lay down and watch stuff on my phone until I get tired enough to sleep.

Same question.

Flown
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2021, 3:00 pm

HeroOfHyrule wrote:
Take a bath/shower, drink some tea, do other hygiene stuff, and then lay down and watch stuff on my phone until I get tired enough to sleep.

Same question.

Yes. A very strict routine.
4:30pm: I make my bed, get my pillows and blankets organized perfectly. Take a shower if I'm not feeling too dizzy.
5:00pm: I get into comfy PJs and do breathing exercises/self care in bed. My partner feeds the dogs while I have this quiet time
5:30pm: The dogs are put to bed, and my partner comes to the bedroom. We watch a relaxing show or two.
6:15: I eat 2-4 gluten free chicken nuggets with dairy free ranch dressing and a splash of tamari sauce. Also a sliced dill pickle on the side (while we are watching something relaxing). I brush my teeth after. Sometimes our dogs get into bed with us right after this.
7:30: We turn on Critical Role or another live roleplaying game. I take my bedtime meds if I am feeling anxious or tachycardic. My partner walks the dogs one last time before they are put back to bed.
8:00-8:15: Lights go out and I put in my earbuds and listen to my "Sleep" meditation.

Same q

Last edited by Flown on 20 Dec 2021, 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2021, 3:01 pm

My pillow fort and some Ambien.

Do you like nail polish?

Flown
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2021, 3:02 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
My pillow fort and some Ambien.

Do you like nail polish?

Pillow forts <3 <3

No. I don't like that most of it is highly toxic, and I don't like wearing it. It feels weird, and I peel it off within minutes of it drying.

Same q.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2021, 3:07 pm

I used to wear it to work all the time. Now I can't stand it, either.

I feel like it reduces my touch sensitivity, or something.

It doesn't bother me on my toes in the summer, but I hate the smell. (Of the polish, not my toes ...) :roll:

Feather pillow or other?

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2021, 8:41 pm

I don't know if I've had a pillow with anything but just cotton in it. I'll have to go with cotton pillows then... :scratch:

Same question.

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2021, 8:49 pm

I Haven't had a feather pillow since was a small kid, i ripped it open once, made a mess all over my bed.
It was never stitched back up or anything, i just slept with it, every night feathers would leak out.

Have you ever been approached by a crazy person? (if so ,what did they say)

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

HighLlama
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2021, 1:44 am

theprisoner wrote:
I Haven't had a feather pillow since was a small kid, i ripped it open once, made a mess all over my bed.
It was never stitched back up or anything, i just slept with it, every night feathers would leak out.

Have you ever been approached by a crazy person? (if so ,what did they say)

Sometimes on a city bus, but that was awhile ago. I forget what they said. People approach me all the time in public. Either crazy, drunk, or trying to sell stuff.

What is your first memory of school?

Murihiku
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2021, 3:45 am

Playing in the classroom with other kids, at the special school I went to when I was 4 years old.

Same question.

There's the rub, the task.

– Virgil, The Aeneid (Book VI)

TenMinutes
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2021, 5:02 am

We were living with my grandmother as our house was being built, and it wasn't ready when the school year started, so I started kindergarten in a different city while living in my grandmother's basement. I remember walking to school with my aunt, who is only (I think) five years older than I am. I remember the classroom, I remember sitting in a huge circle with the other students.

Same Q