Page 3850 of 4179 [ 66853 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3847, 3848, 3849, 3850, 3851, 3852, 3853 ... 4179  Next

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2021, 10:44 pm

My mother still fills my same stocking from childhood. I fill five stockings. It's kind of a ritual for my family.

Here they are (real photo lol)

Are you good at gift wrapping?

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2021, 10:53 pm

No, if i give a gift, i usually just hand over something unwrapped. Im lazy lol, i admit it. Woman dig the whole gift wrapping process more i guess.

How grown-up do your consider yourself compared to other adults?

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2021, 11:03 pm

My dad was the king of gift-wrapping with military precision and artistry. It was a true feat of engineering.

I managed to make a nice bow yesterday lol.

Then I put it inside a hand-sewn fabric gift bag with another bow:

and put that inside a gift bag with ribbon and flouncy tissue paper (sorry no photo -- it's the shiny red bag you can see in the top of the second picture, with green and red tissue and ribbon).

I do the best I can.

Emotionally I'm a lot younger than other adults, but in terms of life experience / burnout I've done everything.

same question

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2021, 11:09 pm

I can be quite sophisticated when it comes to analytical things, talking about abstract concepts and facts and trivia, but put me in pragmatic situation, that requires sensitivity and *refined social skills*, and i can easily feel like a lil kid , out of his element. A strange combination of intellectual conceit and emotional insecurity.

* I kinda overlooked commenting on your photos there Isabella. That's very artistic and pretty. I was artistic when i was a kid, I'm actually quite talented in that domain. (is that what social kills are? remembering to complement a person or take notice of something they did, cause i can be hopeless at that lol)

What would you do if you had a million (in whatever your currency is) at your disposal?

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

Last edited by theprisoner on 09 Dec 2021, 11:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2021, 11:15 pm

Pay off my lawyer's fees from 25 years of court crap with my ex.

Invest the rest.

Oh wait, I'd actually get new windows too.

same question

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2021, 11:30 pm

Well i started doing scratchcards recently (yeah, i'm desperate) , if i ever won big, i'd get a mansion, a sports car, a rolex (i'm sounding really materialistic lol but i can dream can't I!) maybe travel around the world. ny, cali, hawaii, everywhere. Just enjoy having freedom to do things. damn pipe dreams. (Concerts too!)

What's your favorite food?

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2021, 11:39 pm

Good question - Probably steak and lobster. Cesar salad. A kick-ass glass of whiskey.

I don't get that very often so maybe pad Thai. Burgers always call my name too.

What bands have you seen live (if any)?

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2021, 11:59 pm

Lobster? are you serious. are you aristocratic lol.

Maybe Pizza, italian food, pasta & broccoli (health conscious). also chicken byriani, (oh i am so uncultured lol)

I like music, to listen to cds, albums, but ive never went out my way to see music events. I really like only older music, 20th century music. Ive seen local acts. no names. I had a chance to see 'doors alive,' recently, o2 arena, i bailed on the idea tho. (kinda pathetic i know for someone who like music so much hah, and even if i did decide to follow touring acts, and become a concert addict, covid kinda takes the fun out of it)

same q

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2021, 12:10 am

I told you I don't have it often!

I went to quite a few big name acts, mostly with my older brother. I'm OK with indoor concerts although I've kinda lost interest in the last ten years. I can't be arsed to get up and be bothered, plus I hate the ticket markups. We also had a contact who could get us tickets for anything for a few years -- face value, but available seating.

I'll have to brainstorm -
Van Halen (several times)
OZZY
The Who
The Stones
Bowie
AC/DC
ELO
Billy Talent
Elton (several times)
Aerosmith
Nazareth
RUSH
Judas Priest
Springsteen
Beatlemania
Art Garfunkel
Howard Jones
The Monkees
Def Leppard
Cheap Trick

I think I'm forgetting some.

Who would you like to see live, if you had the stamina?

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2021, 12:17 am

I have the stamina, i just dont have the disposable income to splash around LOL. Plus those ticket prices can be crazy.

Uhmm no one really, all favorite musicians are mostly dead or retired. Maybe Oasis, but even then i can live without it. I appreciate the records and leave it at that.

Your lucky, you grew up in a great era, and your brother must be cool guy too.

Whats your favorite movie that you could watch over and over again?

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2021, 12:26 am

Yes we're really close. We bonded over music from a young age.

Movie - Other than Christmas films, I guess I'd pick Ferris Bueller, Breakfast Club, or Same Time Next Year.

Ohhhhh --- and The Shining except for the drawn-out ending.

same question

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2021, 12:39 am

I do like breakfast club. It has a good dynamic, closed in, characters. so 80's, its kind of an adolescent movie.

The Shining, yeah ive watched all of kubricks movies. The shining, kubrick changed the whole set dimensions around to cause viewer disorientation and a sense of eeriness, kubrick tormented shelly duvall to get her into character, i think she had a nervous breakdown after filming. kubrick may be even be autistic. chess expert, turned photographer and recluse. it has lots of symbolism it, American culture and the native Americans, i actually was interested in the hidden symbolism the movie. Also there's supposedly a underlying child abuse theme, the real horror subtext of the movie, the shining' is the about trauma (This guy Rob Ager breaks down movies like that, and says all this)

Favorite movie, well that'd be Texas chainsaw massacre, just kidding hah! to watch over and over again, it have to be a comedy, lighthearted, maybe something with Jim Carrey. Dumb and dumber, or a lil more serious, Truman show.

How do you feel about -----? (i'm running out of questions lol) ....feel about ... ?

Whats your favorite comedian(s)?

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2021, 12:43 am

I recommend that you read The Shining - Danny is definitely abused in the back story. It's macabre.

Breakfast Club - I'm an Allison who dressed like a Claire. It totally messed with people's minds.
No wonder I had no friends.

John Belushi was my favourite. Gilda Radner.

same question

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2021, 1:09 am

Ah yes, you're into books. I've read a few Stephen king books, e.g. Misery, but not the shining.

SNl original cast yeah, Ackroyd ( spectrumite) Belushi, Bill Murray. Gilder, her husband Gene wilder was funny guy, same with Richard Pryor. More SNl alumni, Eddie murphy was a pretty sharp standup, Pryor's successor. Modern day: Dave Chapelle might hold that spot.

I would have to say George Carlin, lenny Bruce, for cerebral comedians. Bill Hicks, rebel comedian. Theres too many really. US & UK. Robin Williams, great at adlib impromptu performances.

What's your favourte classical music / composer? (if you have any)

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2021, 1:18 am

My brother is exactly like Dan Aykroyd in his looks and his aspergers-ness.

Oh man, I almost forgot Robin Williams. Although I found his work more gutwrenchingly-emotional than funny. For instance, I cried through Mrs Doubtfire thinking that some parents have to do all that, just to see their kids.

George Carlin was great.

I like Bach, Pachelbel, and Prokofiev. Rachmaninoff too.

I can't do Chopin at all.

same question

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2021, 1:33 am

Beethoven, Mozart, (only composers ive listened to every concerto, symphony, nearly everything they did at one time or other.)

Holst ( the planets) , Prokofiev is good. Stravinksy, i like some of his stuff. Carmina Burana. Tchaikovsky is ok. I like some of Wagners more 'dramatic' dark brooding stuff. I listened to Rachmaninoff piano works; again dramatic. I really like Bach's Toccata fugue in d minor ( but i think theres a question of if he really wrote it ).

And various miscellaneous things, you know like 'night on bare mountain' and all those random pieces , like 'flight of the bumblebee' you hear occasional that are so famous and that i cant think of their names right now. E.g. Bolero. Carmen Habenero. etc etc.

And thats not even including movie soundtracks.

Do you believe in a afterlife existence ? (like robin williams film 'what dreams may come')

* talking of mortality, damn i gettin a bit tired of writing, i think im gonna drop now lol, do you ever get tired, oh no you're professional writer, aren't you, you probably have good stamina (my wpm is 39 btw, totally average, but im slowed down by all the sloppy spelling mistakes i go back and correct lol)

Last edited by theprisoner on 10 Dec 2021, 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.