Page 3909 of 4179 [ 66854 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3906, 3907, 3908, 3909, 3910, 3911, 3912 ... 4179  Next

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2022, 1:46 pm

The ridiculous "Neurodiversity VS Disability" debates, and the debates about the legitimacy of trans people + our need for rights that conveniently get started by the same few people w/ oddly specific ideologies.

Do you think the PPR section is actually useful to WP, or just causes more problems than people try to let on?

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2022, 1:53 pm

I wish Politics, Philosophy, and Religion each had their own subforum. Lumping them together impedes our ability to have enlightened discussions about Philosophy, and sets an adversarial tone for people wishing to discuss Religion. The rules state that we can't attack each other for our belief system so it's a shame that people who would like to discuss or explore religion aren't made to feel comfortable. A person's views on Philosophy and Religion do not necessarily reflect their political value system, but people are judged harshly for any opinion outside an American political narrative, and counter-political motivation is often assigned.

I do like having PPR here and I think it's worthwhile so long as everyone is allowed autonomous thought within the framework of our rules. I like a good debate as much as the next person, so long as people get a grip on reality and remember that at the end of the day, diversity of thought is the cornerstone of democracy.

same q

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2022, 2:00 pm

It'd be a lot more useful if it was broken up into different sections, like you said, instead of just lumped into one heaping pile of politics-tainted BS. I don't really think that PPR proves much actual use in its current state, besides for keeping the filth partly contained.

If you could add a new section or subsection to WP, about any topic of conversation, what would you like to see added?

txfz1
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2022, 2:01 pm

I have a difficult time with ppr mainly due to myself. It helps when I am open minded but I’m constantly reminding myself other that views should be considered and respected. Reading the same old trope of gun toting, racist American from people that do not live here gets tiresome. There will always be division.

Same q

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2022, 3:05 pm

I would add a pet section where we can share updates, photos, and ask questions.

same q

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2022, 3:13 pm

Anxiety, stress and mental health care related index. Even if other psychological conditions ssectio, and health fitness and sports section already exists.
Sort of a merge between general discussion and coping in life section, also possibly members only exclusive.

Same question. :P

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

txfz1
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2022, 3:31 pm

All hail txfz1 section where only praises and exultations are permitted upon txfz1. Maybe add a resource section for self diagnosed or for people newly diagnosed. TBH, the search function works better for me than scrolling thru the index looking at titles.

Same q

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2022, 4:51 pm

A special interests section

What would the definition of paradise be to you?

HighLlama
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2022, 4:52 pm

A quiet night watching snow fall, reading a book on the couch with music playing.

Same question.

txfz1
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2022, 5:22 pm

watching the snow fall in the cedars thru the window of my rural house, listening to music, with someone to love, w/o the anxiety

same q

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2022, 6:15 pm

Well, if money was no option. I'd Live in a place, kind like the where they recorded Led Zep albums, in England, or overseas.

Id like to have top story, panoramic windows. That's very definite feature i'd want in a house. :!:

Have gigantic library. of course with mod cons. etc etc :)

Nice countryside, scenics, farmland. I like nature!

Preferably situated high upon a hill. Remote, but not too distant!

same q

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2022, 6:30 pm

My ideal place to live would be somewhere cold, dark and rural.

Do you tend to get depressed during autumn and winter (when there's less sun)?

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2022, 7:08 pm

There's actually more sun in winter. The days get longer starting Dec 21st. ^ Winter is actually very sunny on average. Where I live February is one of the sunniest months of the year, compared to summer months which are more overcast or hazy.

I get depressed when there's more sun rather than less sun, because of photophobia. My depression / seasonal affective disorder runs through winter and spring which is the opposite of most people.

By June 21 the days start getting shorter and darker until Christmas. That's when I'm happiest.

same q

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2022, 7:22 pm

Not really. I like all weather. During Winter, I tend to stay in more naturally. Less inviting outside. But i guess i do prefer the dark and shade. Always have. even on playground as a child, i remember i would spend alot of time under trees. But I'm pretty much impervious to weather. I;ve walked soaking wet in rain. snow. I never complain like others about the cold. Family would give me that look, like" wtf is wrong with you, "it winter, night and i'm wearing a thin shirt. It doesn't bother me. When i was kid i would run outside when it would thunder and lightning, stand under trees, get yelled at,cause that supposedly the least safe place to be. I didn't care. I wanted to watch it, and not through a window. I really like nature. I've always liked liked bad weather. When i was assessed, My mother said i had always been sensitive to sunlight, even as a baby. SO that was a clue. I would always squint on summer holidays as a kid. i wondered why i was the only one who found it so uncomfortable. But it wasn't noticeable. And its not so bad I cant's stand sun. (I've got to give respect to the source of all life! lol) I might have borderline photosensitivity. (I take vitamin d anyway. wear sunglasses.) I would actually enjoy tropical weather, maybe just not at high noon.

Have you ever got aggressive with somebody in real life? (why how what where provoked you?)

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2022, 7:27 pm

I guess my question was biased because it's super cloudy where I live, so we don't get a lot of sun exposure in those seasons. Oopsie. :oops:

I've also gotten aggressive towards people before, because they wouldn't leave me alone and were being aggressive to me first.

Same question.

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2022, 7:44 pm

I was forced into fights as a kid. As an adult, lucky/ smart enough to avoid. But I've had close calls. (Drunk people are dangerous!! ! and think they are invincible.)

Last time i was aggressive to somebody was last summer, over the phone. it was doctor. I was actually mad at this previous person i had phoned, but i took it out on this guy. It wasn't open hostility, but i had lost all patience, and gave him piece of my mind. It felt good. Caught me on a wrong day, wrong time, wrong mood.

I'm generally very peaceful. In fact i make it a point to make people laugh/lighten the mood. I'm a jester.

If like you. I'm you best friend in the world. 100% love, loyalty, affection. If I'm indifferent. meh. maybe sarcasm. if i don't like you. We're enemies. no remorse. absolute ice cold. all out warfare if i feel I've been unduly wronged. for. e.g someone threatens me, or acts malevolent.

Ive been told in past, i have black and white thinking. Or i evaluate things in extreme terms. but that was when i was an adolescent. Id like to think i'm more mature now. I am very honorable in my own opinion, but others may think i'm abrasive , rude, stubborn, cause i can be uncompromising in my attitudes sometimes. I can't do anything about that. I'm first to admit, i'm not a 'people-person.' :shrug:

same q

Last edited by theprisoner on 30 Jan 2022, 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.