Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2017, 3:18 pm

There's nothing. Can people really do this?! !

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2017, 3:40 pm

Well, I've never had a dog but when I see that dog I can imagine a bark and panting whilst the dog looks up at me. I'm fairly good at remembering sounds, and can imagine hearing things.

These days there are songs that I see on YouTube, and I just have to see the thumbnail and the song will start playing in my head from memory. For instance "Kids in America"

B b b b mmr mmr er er errr Looking out a dirty old window, down below the cars in the City go rushing by, I sit here alone and I wonder why.... chhhhhhhh CLASH.

I have to wonder what note it is that they play in that song at the beginning, it always sounds like B to me.

I hear it play in my head before I even click on the video.

Syd
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2017, 5:00 pm

I can remember my childhood cat's meows, people's voices, and I can hear every note of my favorite concertos, sonatas, symphonies, etc. I compose music in my mind for entertainment purposes. I think having a good musical memory is pretty common, and a lot of people do these things.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2017, 9:30 pm

Nothin to it.

Am not a musician nor a composer but I hear music in my head. I deejay at parties. And get ideas for mashups of pop songs by "hearing" the songs mixed in my head.

Kelby
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2017, 9:39 pm

Yes, I can hear/imagine the pitch and tone of my childhood dog. It could have something to do with having an acute, echoic memory. I have absolute pitch, as well, but, I think this could have more to do with how the brain stores auditory memory.

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2017, 10:10 pm

Yes. I don't have an eidetic memory but I can also playback favorite music, and hear the voices of my loved ones, including meows and purrs. My father has been dead since 1997, but I can hear him plain as plain, greeting me by my childhood nickname, when I need the sound of his voice. And I can hear my grandmother telling me she loves me :-).

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people," said the man. "You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."
-- Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!