Do you ever accidentally create something?

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2017, 8:01 pm

Sometimes I do. Today I was fiddling with a chocolate bar wrapper, during that time I was listening to some music, and I absentmindedly created a tiny paper swan.

I guess that I must've been thinking about swans or something, but if that's the case then it must've been at least partly subconscious because I didn't even realise. 8O

Then I looked down and thought "Huh? I made a Swan? When did that happen?"

:?

Anything like this ever happen to you?

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2017, 8:44 pm

I do a public access radio show.

One time I accidently turned Bill Cosby into a rapper.

I played an old Bill Cosby comedy record in which he reminisces about playing football in the streets of Philadelphia.

Decided to put a music bed under his voice because it was long piece. Picked the instrumental "Sweet Back's Theme" by Earth Wind and Fire.

My intent was for the listener to only be conscious of Cosby's voice telling the story, and not consciously notice the music. Just radio slight of hand to keep the show energy up. But the cool music and his voice both demanded equal attention, and somehow the two records meshed into one, and it sounded like Cosby was rapping to the rhythm. Not the effect I was going for, but it was kinda cool.

Kelby
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2017, 8:52 pm

I think this type of thing does happen to me on occasion. A recent example would be, while I was preparing my lunch, I inadvertently punctured a hole in a can of Portuguese sardines, that come in those nicely designed cans. I took the sardines out, and light shone through the hole, and I realized that I could put a tea light candle in it, as it gave a similar appearance to paper lanterns I would make with my kindergarten class, by cutting out the shapes of stars and cresent moons. I wound up puncturing additional holes in the can and I have been using it as a candle holder. I hope this is in the same realm as what you are referring to.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2017, 8:56 pm

Plenty to times. :lol: It's what happens if one prefers to craft by randomly fiddling things on a whim without any goal or setting in mind and being bored.

I 'invented' too many macramé stitches and paper crafts that way.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

Kelby
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2017, 9:44 pm

Edna3363, I've done similar with my yarn, fiddling with the extra pieces I've cut, I wound up (unconsciously) finger-knitting about 5' of yarn, which I can, now, use for a handle on one of my bags, or.....

Last edited by Kelby on 28 Dec 2017, 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2017, 11:56 pm

I once accidentally created life after pouring cola on a lost baby tooth and giving it a jolt of static electricity from my finger.

Okay that's not true, obviously. :lol: But I really couldn't think of anything else.

I'd like to try and see what would happen if I did that in real life, though. I doubt I'll create a new race of microscopic humanoids, but it would be interesting. But all my baby teeth went to the Tooth Fairy a long time ago, and I don't know any kids who are losing theirs and would be willing to give one to me.

248RPA
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2017, 11:59 pm

More than once, I’ve accidentally created a disaster with food in the microwave.

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2017, 10:35 am

Well, in case anyone was wondering what the swan looked like...

It's not great, but fairly decent considering I didn't even set out to make anything lol. :lol: