Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

kattoo13
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Feb 2008, 9:16 am

Has anybody seen this movie? My friend told me it was good, but when i checked out the cover it looked corny as all get out.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2008, 10:55 am

I've seen it. I, as a huge film geek have some issues with the film. As a aspie, I was dissapointed with the portrit of our syndrome.
First off, I found the two leads to be the best of the bunch. I thought it was exagerated. I thought the other people in the group were Very over the top! They seemed severe.
Maybe I'm just cynical today I don't know. I was just very disapointed.
Sometimes I get upset when hollywood gets thing wrong.

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2008, 11:15 am

Quote:
Has anybody seen this movie? My friend told me it was good, but when i checked out the cover it looked corny as all get out.

Am haven't seen it,but the person it was based on is a member here,hope am remembering correctly but think he did not like how it turned out.

cecilfienkelstien wrote:
I've seen it. I, as a huge film geek have some issues with the film. As a aspie, I was dissapointed with the portrit of our syndrome.
First off, I found the two leads to be the best of the bunch. I thought it was exagerated. I thought the other people in the group were Very over the top! They seemed severe.

It is impossible to represent one whole dis. which varies in severity-in one person,if it was mild,people who have it moderately or severely would complain.
It can be severe so in a way it will be representing those with at least moderate AS,as there were two diagnosed aspies at the last res.home am lived in,both were classed as 'severe' and lower functioning.

>>>help to keep bullying off our community,report it!

kattoo13
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Feb 2008, 11:19 am

cecilfienkelstien wrote:

Hollywood often gets things wrong. In fact I'm happy when they finally get things right! lol

kattoo13
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Feb 2008, 11:21 am

KingdomOfRats wrote:
Am haven't seen it,but the person it was based on is a member here,hope am remembering correctly but think he did not like how it turned out.

Oh wow, I didn't know that...

SilverProteus
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2008, 11:22 am

KingdomOfRats wrote:

Really? Cool!

20 Feb 2008, 3:20 pm

Yes I have seen the movie. I thought it was good. It is based on two real life people. They both have that savant syndrome and the things the two characters did in the movie, Jerry and his wife also did. When I read the book (not based on the movie) I saw movie references in it with the two characters.