Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2008, 5:47 pm

Because I do, even though I'm 16 :P

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2008, 5:50 pm

No, I was more into toy animals when I was little. I haven't played with toys for a while now.

ebec11
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2008, 5:55 pm

I just don't want to give up my childhood - the bit I have. I lost most of it due to my abusive father, but I still have a bit that I'm fighting to give up.

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2008, 5:58 pm

Yeah, I know what you mean. In some ways, I've had an extended childhood. I've never had to worry about some things other teens have (Like the whole relationship thing. I just don't see the point this early in life.) and my closest-aged family members near here are eleven so I've hung out with them a lot. And to be honest, I don't think I'll ever get over those pretend games. They're just too much fun!

ebec11
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2008, 6:00 pm

Lightning88 wrote:
Yeah, I know what you mean. In some ways, I've had an extended childhood. I've never had to worry about some things other teens have (Like the whole relationship thing. I just don't see the point this early in life.) and my closest-aged family members near here are eleven so I've hung out with them a lot. And to be honest, I don't think I'll ever get over those pretend games. They're just too much fun!
Which ones did you like playing most? I loved playing school (as the teacher of course, because I could boss people around :P) and I love Pokemon, so I would pretend to be different pokemon :D Fun times...

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2008, 6:02 pm

I still collect barbies. I let my niece play with them and we make little barbie clothes together whenever she visits.

batista90
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2008, 1:53 am

been always in toy cars :lol:

..dead..what u know about dead?
feel free to talk:)

straples-> http://www.alinssite.info/

MR_BOGAN
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2008, 2:30 am

I'm a guy so sadly missed out on barbies.

When I was a child I made used toilet roll people. I cut four slits on ever side of the toilet roll. The top slits were for arms (which you could fold down) and the bottom two were for legs. I drew angry faces on the toilet rolls for the bad guys and happy faces on the toilet rolls for the good guys, I can remember having endless fun with them.

Musicdragon
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Mar 2008, 11:32 am

MissConstrue wrote:
I still collect barbies. I let my niece play with them and we make little barbie clothes together whenever she visits.

Cool hobby, MissConstrue. For me, however, dolls aren't much compared to girls' images like your profile pic.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2008, 12:38 pm

I like my Corgi Routemasters.

Jamie06
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2008, 12:51 pm

I used to throw them and baby dolls out the window as a kid, one landed in my old fishpond

Trigger11
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2008, 12:55 pm

When I was a teenager, Barbies taught me about girls.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2008, 3:28 pm

batista90 wrote:

My nephew's the same way and he wants me to draw cars for him. Once in a while he'll get out barbies and try to put them in cars. He upsets my niece when he does this. He's about 4 and all he ever talks about is cars.

dawndeleon
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2008, 3:34 pm

My mom's old barbie and my own malibu barbie. I never liked to play school or interactive play with them. for some reason i just thought that was no fun and way too confrontational for a doll. I loved to dress them and cut their hair. Mom's older barbies were so much more fun, though. There was one who came with three different wigs and her head was painted to look like her real hair was pinned up nice and neat. My sister and i used to fight over who got to play with her. I was hooked.. i even went through a platinum phase last year with my hair and it felt like i was a doll. Murder on hair, but soooo fun. Image

batista90
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2008, 11:29 am

MissConstrue wrote:
batista90 wrote:

My nephew's the same way and he wants me to draw cars for him. Once in a while he'll get out barbies and try to put them in cars. He upsets my niece when he does this. He's about 4 and all he ever talks about is cars.
:P it sounds like he has asperger too but cant say for sure :lol:

..dead..what u know about dead?
feel free to talk:)

straples-> http://www.alinssite.info/

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2008, 12:26 pm

You know I've wondered that. All he talks about are cars, trains, and airplanes. He's so fascinated with them. He's got a condition called polymicrogyra. I don't exactly know what that condition is. He can't see out of his left eye even though it looks normal. He's also real good at putting things together and pointing things out but has a hard time talking and drools uncontrollably. He's a very sweet kid. Sometimes I worry about him.