Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

KingofKaboom
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2008, 10:04 pm

Post your very first post on the forum here.

I don't know what mine is lol but post yours/repost
I'd like to see the 1000 post members do this <.<

Last edited by KingofKaboom on 07 Apr 2008, 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

digger1
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2008, 10:08 pm

930-something. Close enough

digger1 wrote:
I was just diagnosed with Asperger's a little while ago and thought I'd find a discussion forum in which to seek help and friends and such.

I'm Mike. I'm 34. I live in Maine. I'm married and have a little 1 m.o. daughter named Olivia.

I'm not sure of what to say or what to ask so I'll lurk for a while and if something comes up, I'll ask or chime in.

Thanks for having me.

MR_BOGAN
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2008, 10:17 pm

Hi

I'm trying to figure out if I have aspergers syndrome, so I thought I would come here to see if I can get some answers.

I've never met anybody with it, so wouldn't mind chating with people that have it.

So does this sound like it...

I don't like bright lights, sun glasses are heavenly.
When I touch frozen things I screw up my mouth.

I've always been a bit of an odd ball.
Do my own thing.
I'm social but have found that a struggle.
I get a bit stressed when I have to travel anywhere and have to phsik myself up to do things new.
I can't multitask, I have write things down on paper and do one thing at a time otherwise I'm all over the place.

I found out a few years a go that I was gluten intorelant which messsed me up a bit, I read there was a link between gluten and autism, so that is what got me thinking...

Just like to chat with some people that have aspergers syndrome..

Thanx

Social_Fantom
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2008, 10:20 pm

Hmm, alright.

Social_Fantom wrote:
That's the thing about Asperger's Syndrome, I don't know where to start.

I suppose I could describe my symptoms, my social ones anyway.

As a child, I was seen as unempathetic and odd. I was bullied in school, not every day, probably at least once a week. I could never fit in no matter how hard I tried. I tried until high school when I realized I'd be better off watching how others applied the social norms. Though I learned somewhat how the social norms work, I discovered how foolish and worthless they really are so I no longer wanted to fit in.

After high school, I enrolled in college to find same thing, high demand on being like everyone else which is something I can't do if I wanted to. I could no longer tolerate the social drama so I withdrew from society completely. At first I thought I had made the best decision but over time I grew depressed. At that point, I sought psychiatric help to relieve me of my depression and social anxiety that I didn't even realize I had. It was also during this time that I was diagnosed with my condition that explained everything about me: Asperger's Syndrome.

I was diagnosed about a year ago, I was 22. Now I'm back in college, though I still find the overrated social norms to be difficult to adapt to, I can tolerate people in my age group and feel good about myself knowing that I can never fit in. That's fine, because as I said, I don't want to. Asperger's Syndrome is what makes me an individual and to me being like everyone else means the death of my individuality, and I don't want to die! I do however wish to be able to one day find a girl that will love me despite my difference from other people

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2008, 10:31 pm

I could have sworn this was my first post...but maybe this is the first thread I acutally started entitled
Hello..self diagnosed newbie....Any toe-walkers out there??"

Quote:
Ok what happened is somebody told me they thought I might have it and now I cannot get the notion out of my mind...in fact it is driving me a little nuts...(it happens alot to me..I become fixated on an idea and it is stuck...like a virus on the brain..can't get rid of it)

It could possibly be that I am not an aspie but I have alot of aspie-like traits..I would formally go to a doctor about it, but i don't know where to start..I already jumped through a bunch of stupid hoops to get formally diagnosed as having ADD..with the help of a friend at the time
and I am 31..it is hard to find trustable doctors who know anything about this stuff and aren't trying to take advantage of their patients..where I live....(bad experience with ADD clinic)

Anyway..

I have been akward since I was a child.
Verbally I was just fine, but my motor skills have always been awful...
I am a life-long toe-walker...for starters..I don't do it all the time..but at least half the time.
I am clumsy and sorta move like I am driven by a motor. I bump into people alot..I carry myself kinda strangely so I always look akward in photographs and pictures of myself. My fingers always look funny and curled up..in early photos I was always wooden and unsmiling..but now I have practiced it more and have gotten a little better at it.

I am very childlike for my age and relate to children alot better than adults..and sensitve to criticism...if somebody says something negative to me...or if I have a negative encounter with someone, it can wreck me for a long while

um...the eye contact thing..I have always had a real hard time with that...in fact that is why somebody said I might be an aspie. I have to make a concerted effort and it generally makes me very uncomfortable..I also don't like being touched by people I don't know...though I have known a "real" diagnosed aspie who had no concept of personal boundaries and would always invade my personal space..it is one of the reasons I might have doubts about actually being an aspie.

The narrow interests...that is the only way I learned anything in school..I was too overwhealmed by my environment to pay attention in class...but I would become obsessed with various subjects and voraciously read about them...as a result I was a much better reader than anyone else in my class, and did really well on standardised tests..but was completely oblivious to what was going on in the classroom.

For the last several years it has been making sock creatures..I have made hundreds of them.
I have a website www.fluff.tv
But the pressure of making custom orders got to be too much..so I mainly make them for myself and only sell them occasionally.
I also sing a whole bunch. I have been in bands since i was 15..before that i was in a few small musicals..I sing alot..somtimes at inappropriate times..I sing almost as much as i talk sometimes
I do alot of what I call verbal stimming..(sp?) where I repeatedly say strings of non-sensical words...not all the time...like I am not doing it right now...(except sorta in my head)..but during large parts of the day...I make up songs about stuff I am doing in order to mantain my train of thought.
My current band is called Organ Failure
www.organfailure.org
Our lead singer/sax player is also neurologicly different..bi-polar with some schitzo tendancies.
I play guitar and ukulele...I looove the ukulele..it is my favorite instrument by far I take it with me everywhere I go..
I also live in and help run a multi-purposed performance and arts space..
www.superhappyfunland.com

Another thing is I can't drive...in fact riding in cars fills me with anxiety.

If I have any weird special skill, it is probably finding lost objects. I have a crazy knack for it..i might not recognise people's faces, or tell left from right, or remember where i set down my cup of coffee...but I can find a needle in a haystack.
I have a photgraphic memory, but only for the location of small trivial objects under big piles of other stuff

Anyways..sorry to ramble.
I have visited other aspie groups who did not take kindly to self-diagnosies..i am still trying to figure out if I count as an aspie..I dont want to be a "wannabe"..I would just like to find some people I can relate to.

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postp510425. ... ht=#510425

i guess it would have been more efficient for me to just post a linkt to the thread....(see above)

but according to the history, this is my first post: in the thread entitled "Aspie Girls Hate going to the mall"
Approx ten posts earlier

Quote:
I used to be a mall troll 'cause my dad worked at the mall when I was a pre-teen
I shoplifted alot..had secret hiding places
Was bane to existance of makeup counter employees and bookstore employees..the chick filet people threatened to call mall security on me for taking too many samples

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2008, 10:47 pm

anyway to change the name of this thread to "post your first post?"

KingofKaboom
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2008, 10:49 pm

poopylungstuffing wrote:
anyway to change the name of this thread to "post your first post?"

better?

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2008, 10:51 pm

yes! awesome idea for a thread!

KBABZ
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Middle Earth. Er, I mean Wellywood. Wait, Wellington.

07 Apr 2008, 11:27 pm

I had a similar idea where you showed everyone your earliest custom avatar.

Early naive KBABZ wrote:
Well yeah, hello, I'm new to this site. 100%. No stains. Fresh from the box. Not suitable for childs under the age of three years. Some assembly required.

Anyway, yeah, I'm just standing here (so to speak), wondering what to do. I'm hoping that this'll be a nice place to hang around, and that I'll be able to help people out (I have a knack for doing that). Oh and, yes, I have Asperger's. Thumbs up for that! I'm not sure if I should say anything else apart from this. If there is anything you want to know, then just say the word.

Oh, and one final thing: Anyone else here from New Zealand? Because I have the strangest feeling I'm the only one...

In a way
And sadness turned to comfort
We all go there

spudnik
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2008, 11:39 pm

Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:07 am Subject: Re: how much do you score on the Aspie quiz ?

spudnik wrote:
Vejita wrote:
I think it's the most complete test available on the Net...

Aspergers quiz

I scored 132 "quite a few Aspie traits'' it says...

What about you ?

I am not to sure what this test shows for diagnostic prediction, since I got 169 out of 200 for the aspie test and 61 out of 200 for the neurotypical (non-autistic) score. Now what about these other scores, bipolar and schizophrenia does this test mean that I also have these disorders?

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2008, 12:17 am

Umm...My first post wasn't an introduction.

Quote:
I am a Gemini. I don't care. I think astrology is made to take advantage of people too nervous to talk to other people by trying to predict their personality. It's a waste of time and against most religions that I know of.

This one should count.
Quote:
Hey, I'm Ben.
I'm 16.
Live in the highly over-rated state of Florida. (weather=BAD)
Rolling Eyes
I have ADD, OCD, and AS. If you're confused by all these acronyms, too bad. I have an accidental sense of humor. Did I say something funny? Some people also say I have a cruel sense of humor. I just laugh at some things people cry at. It makes for some depressingly awkward situatuions. Going on, I tend to be overly religous and always try to explain to my friends the difference between Christians and Catholics (yes, there's a difference). Another fun habit I have is yelling at strangers whom I have mistaken for my friends. It's not as bad as it sounds when you're like me and take almost nothing seriously when it comes to having a social life. That's all.

:lol: Wow, I've changed a lot in the past THREE YEARS???! !!

AndersTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2008, 12:48 am

Here you go:

AndersTheAspie wrote:
Greatings fellow not-quite-humans
The forum description said that this was the place to say "Hey I'm new" so... Hey I'm new
As my name implies my name is Anders, and as it also implies, I have aspergers syndrom.
Soo... a little about me:
I am a seventeen year old danish boy. I was diagnosed when I was seven, but my mother decided against telling me untill i was sixteen. Aparently she was afraide that if I had a reason not to fit in, I would just stop trying. (Not sure if I agree with her decision, but untill i get my time-machine up and running again, there isn't much I can do about it)
Abot two months ago my mother called me over to show me a webpage she had found. The page contained a list of 26 charactertraits that characterised a positive subtype of those with aspergers syndrom. This subtype was called "Aspie". This was the first time I heard the word aspie, and as I went through the list I found that not only did I meet the 12 trait requirement to qualify as an aspie (rather than just a human with aspergers syndrom) Every one of the 26 traits fit me perfectly!
Now this forum is the one place where people have a chance at knowing how I felt, when I read a perfect description of myself, written by somebody I have never met, and who lives halfway across the world from me. Lets just say that the words "I fit in somewhere???" Went through my head quite a few times over the next few days.
On the same site there was a link to this site... and here I am .
Now I'm not exactly sure what I want out of being here, but I suspect that I shall not regret making an account here. If I can help some of you by sharing my thoughts and experience then that would be cool. And should I find some friends along the way then I guess I will have to live with that
Before signing off I do have one little question: Isn't this more like the "Right Planet"?

deathchibi
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2008, 4:57 am

i have seven friends each are "different" i shall describe them to you.

1. the first has bipolar disorder "cupcake".
2. the second is asocial "muffin".
3. the third is verbally hyper active as in she speaks very loudly and fast. "cat".
4. the fourth has ADHD.
5. number five spaces out alot "cookie".
6. six is the one who has a lisp and is obsessed with boys "socks".
7. is me i am not a neuro typical but with other disorders as well.

[quote]ya know people like you are the reason people like me need medication.

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

08 Apr 2008, 5:16 am

Quote:
Hello everybody. I am new to this site.

I was diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome last year (2006) and thought I would never find a place on the internet like this. I have looked around this site and so far I think it's fantastic.

I am 15 years old and used to be in the New Zealand Artillery Band as a Snare Drummer. Now I am learning how to play the guitar and the piano. Before my step sister moved out, I used to give her lessons on how to play the snare drum. As you may have figured, I love to play music. It de-stresses me after long, taunting, social occasions. My least favourite...family gatherings and school, (which I don't attend school anymore).

Anyway, I am so glad to have found this site.

Lol, this is so funny. I've changed so much since then.

darkstone100
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2008, 7:09 am

darkstone100 wrote:
Fallout 3
Earth no more
God of war 3
GTA 4
Prototype
Darksiders
Condemned 2
Borderlands
Killzone 2
MGS 4
Fable 2
Resident Evil 5
Silent Hill 5
Dead Space
Project Origin
Starcraft 2
Ninja Gaiden 2
Brutal Legend
Alone in The Dark
Ghostbusters
Saboteur
Aliens: Colonial Marines
Red Faction:Guerrilla
Highlander
Dark Sector

Sorry some of these titles won't be out till 2009

yeah I didn't introduce myself I just jumped right into the discussions
I didn't realize till later that there was a place where you could introduce yourself.

benjimanbreeg
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2008, 7:29 am

Iron Maiden, Metallica and Black Sabbath. I need to find some more.