does your local sears still have an electronics section?

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

NewTime
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2016, 5:02 pm

my sears looks like it's getting rid of its electronics section soon. it keeps getting smaller and smaller. they quit selling cameras and video games and there are less display tvs now.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2016, 5:10 pm

Mine does, but I hardly ever go there.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Quiet Water
Raven
Raven

20 Oct 2016, 6:42 pm

I'm wondering how much longer there'll be a Sears. (I worked in one when I was much younger; I only shop there a few times a year now, and can't remember the last time I looked at, or for, its electronics section.)

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2016, 6:44 pm

Quiet Water wrote:
I'm wondering how much longer there'll be a Sears. (I worked in one when I was much younger; I only shop there a few times a year now, and can't remember the last time I looked at, or for, its electronics section.)

Lol, yeah that should have been the question-- do you still have a local Sears? My answer: no, it went out of business here about 15 years ago.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

20 Oct 2016, 9:40 pm

NewTime wrote:
they quit selling cameras
Most people use their cellphones as their cameras nowadays.

Aristophanes wrote:
Quiet Water wrote:

Lol, yeah that should have been the question-- do you still have a local Sears? My answer: no, it went out of business here about 15 years ago.
The one near my parents closed down recently.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2016, 9:58 pm

nick007 wrote:
NewTime wrote:
they quit selling cameras
Most people use their cellphones as their cameras nowadays.

Aristophanes wrote:
Quiet Water wrote:

The one near my parents closed down recently.

100 years ago Sears was bigger than Walmart is now...time kills all.

dossa
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2016, 7:16 am

The Sears in my town does still have an electrics section. It is smaller though than it used to be. They started putting clearance plates, cutting boards and other random discounted kitchen wares over there. Weird stuff to put over there, methinks, but whatever.

Back when I was a kid you could go to Sears and buy concert tickets and even a bag of popcorn. I hope our local Sears stays open. They are the only place around here I will buy appliances. They have great warranty options and people who will come to your house to do maintenance/repairs. Plus they tend to be a bit cheaper for better quality products. It will bum me out if the Sears around here closes.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2016, 3:46 pm

I have no idea about the Electronics Department----I'm surprised the Sears, near me, is still open. The last time I was there (YEARS, ago), I needed a flashlight, and it's closer than Wal-Mart, on the bus.

I really wish that Sears wouldn't go outta business, cuz I'm a HUGE fan of "Black and Decker"----my drill's, maybe, 15 years old, and still goin' strong----but, I guess one can buy B&D online; but, I like to really look-at / HOLD stuff, to decide.

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2016, 11:12 am

The Sears in my area still has a large electronics section. They still have things like TV's and Blu-Ray players. I don't go there a lot, because their prices aren't as good as places like Target and Walmart.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2016, 4:57 pm

The Sears near me does have an electronics section, but I hardly ever go there.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2016, 5:58 pm

The Sears where I life no longer has an electronics section. I hardly go in there.