Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Apr 2008, 12:26 pm

Wow, I am so sorry :( I will be praying for you and their friends and family

zee
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2008, 12:39 pm

Sorry to hear about your friend. At least she wasn't alone when she died, and it sounds like it happened quickly. Still, what a shock.

Kaleido
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2008, 12:50 pm

Sorry to hear about your friend Brittany.

KBABZ
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Middle Earth. Er, I mean Wellywood. Wait, Wellington.

16 Apr 2008, 4:08 pm

We're getting this all over the news. I'm personally more concerned about your state of mind than others (probably due to easier access). Remember that WP is a support site as well, so we can help you get through this. I got over the loss of someone I cared about just with one person to help me out, so having all of WP should be a great help.

In a way
And sadness turned to comfort
We all go there

ebec11
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2008, 4:43 pm

*hugs*
I wish you all the best. I don't know what I can say, other then the pain does get smaller, even if it's hard to get there.
I hope your friend is happy in whatever afterlife she's in.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2008, 5:42 pm

You have my condolences.

GoddessofSin
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 Apr 2008, 7:31 pm

OMG that is so horrible. it doesn't matter how long it has been since you have seen them it still is horrible.

*hugs*

asperity
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

16 Apr 2008, 10:12 pm

Very sorry.

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

17 Apr 2008, 12:11 am

Thanks Capriccio, zee, Kaleido, KBABZ, ebec11 and everyone else whos commented here.
As i've said before, just knowing that others care is great.
I found a home video of myself and my friend today of when we were 10 years old. I watched it and I can say that remembering what type of person she was and seeing her face one last time (even though the video was from almost 7 years ago) has kind of given me some closure.

KBABZ wrote:
I got over the loss of someone I cared about just with one person to help me out, so having all of WP should be a great help.

Yes, KBABZ, having all of WP (which at the moment is 18, 275 members) is fantastic.

just-me
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2008, 12:30 am

I don't know what your beliefs on the afterlife are but I can tell you as I have seen it.

My grand ma passed away when I was 12 and my dads friend who was practically my uncle. My good friend duge died a few years ago, I could gone the same way . Its very hard to deal with . I remember when duge died I didn't feel a thing I was completely numb about it for years and I'm only now able to morn his death. I knew him since I was very young. But I know people go on after death and I have seen many of the people who have passed on. I guess I'm sort of a medium . But I'm telling you all of this so you know life still goes on after death. I'm completely sure about that. And I know your friend will watch over you if she sees its needed. I don't know how, but the people who pass on are truly at peace I have seen this time and time again. So If you feel any guilt (I'm not saying you do) about not talking to her before she died. If there were any problems between the two of you I'm sure she made peace with it.

If these aren't you beliefs, I'm sorry and I don't want to offend you in any way. I do hope you feel better soon though ,
my sincere condolences

KBABZ
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Middle Earth. Er, I mean Wellywood. Wait, Wellington.

17 Apr 2008, 2:09 am

Brittany2907 wrote:
Thanks Capriccio, zee, Kaleido, KBABZ, ebec11 and everyone else whos commented here.
As i've said before, just knowing that others care is great.
I found a home video of myself and my friend today of when we were 10 years old. I watched it and I can say that remembering what type of person she was and seeing her face one last time (even though the video was from almost 7 years ago) has kind of given me some closure.

I can say the same. Shortly after she left, my mum gave me Billy Connolly on DVD, which helped distract my mind. It was very effective, to the point where he cracked a joke about people who, if they wanted to commit suicide by jumping off a bridge, should try bungie jumping to see how they like it, and I was able to laugh about it.

I happened to stumble across some recordings of her playing her guitair (over 14 minutes) and one of her counting to 10 in Danish (she was born in Denmark), plus of course the numerous photos I have of her, and that has had to be the closure I have had to hold on to.

In a way
And sadness turned to comfort
We all go there