Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

digger1
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2008, 5:08 pm

is it possible to hook up a computer with a blu-ray player in it to an LCD TV thus saving me the expense of getting a dedicated player?

adverb
Toucan
Toucan

29 May 2008, 7:08 pm

probably. it depends on the outputs on your video card and the inputs on your tv. probably your video card and tv both have dvi ports - that's your best bet. if you have hdmi or component out on your video card, that'll do too. most video cards have s-video, and that'll work but not at a res over 480i, i think (i'm just guessing the lcd tv is hd -otherwise, s-video is fine). other than that, it's just a matter of getting the right cable and wiring it up.

i think there are dvi to hdmi converter cables available, too.

if you're using motherboard video on the computer, a new video card with the right outputs would be a lot cheaper than a blu-ray.

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2008, 11:32 pm

This site has a lot of low priced video cables. For a computer you might need one that has a DVI plug on one end and HDMI on the other. DVI/HDMI are the same signal but the plug looks different.

http://www.monoprice.com